• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt. Skyfire: Grateful to Be Alive

Zephyr

OOC: Takes place after "After the Hocktin" but before "A Fresh Start." The stardate used in the sim corresponds to the date the sim was published.

(( Runabout Yahtzee))
[[Time Index: En Route to Antor II]]

:: Sleep eluded him. It wasn't that he didn't want to sleep, quite the opposite. He was exhausted, physically and mentally. While he craved sleep with every fiber of his being, it continued to slip his grasp. With a sigh, he sat back up and pulled his legs onto the bunk in a half lotus position and began to breathe rhythmically as he began some of the meditation techniques he'd learned. Today was much like any other day, but with one exception. It was his birthday. ::

(( Flashback -- Transporter Room 2, USS Za ))
(( Time Index: 239407.06 ))

:: Chythar took up a position near the transporter console and began programming in the specifics for calibration of the biofilter as Mindor spoke. He needed this to work, for all their sakes. Alex, Lael, his own, and Maddie’s. His focus, or lack of focus, was shaky at best and it took him every ounce of will to keep it. He was likely going to hate himself if he couldn't get this to work before his memory failed him and he forgot how to work this thing.  ::

Skyfire: Almost got it…

:: Once the biofilters were calibrated, he slammed his hand to the button and retrieved the away team, beaming them straight into the quarantined Sickbay before treating Mr. Mindorn's injury with one of the medkits in the transporter room. After said injury was treated and their guest had departed to the surface via the transporter, Chythar beamed himself to sickbay as well. ::

(( Sickbay, USS Za ))

:: Mark was busy injecting the cure into everyone who was afflicted by the virus. He was assisted by Greywin Fergus, who remained oddly silent during the whole thing except when spoken to. The hologram was also relatively quiet, but that was more because he hadn't been gifted with a small talk routine yet. As the away team returned from the surface, Mark smiled at the Vissian. ::

Vondaryan: ::blinking:: Well, that was surprising. ::smiling:: But I'm glad to see you. ::he coughed again, more blood coming forth:: How's the cure coming along?

Mark: Done. It's good to see you too, sir. I just want you to lie back now, and relax. :: The holographic doc pressed a hypo to Trellis' neck and allowed him to sleep it off. ::

:: Chythar materialized also and lay down onto a biobed none the worse for wear. He was running a high fever at this point and was experiencing rather severe tremors. It was probably just as well he didn't attempt to handle anything. Mark took one look at the doc and quickly injected a hypospray into Skyfire's neck, helping him lie down before he passed out. ::

Mark: =/\= Mark to Dr. Alexander. =/\=

Alexander: ::taps her commbadge:: =/\= Go ahead, Mark. =/\=

Mark: =/\= Just wanted to let you know, thanks to your efforts the away teams are stable. Thanks to Dr. Skyfire's efforts, the teams are home. He and Maddy are also stabilized. I can only assume the Hocktin guest has been returned to his people. =/\=

Alexander: =/\= Good to hear, Mark. I still have more batches to mix. Keep me updated.=/\=

Mark: =/\= Understood. Mark out.=/\=

(( End Flashback )) 

(( Present, Runabout Yahtzee ))

:: Another unremarkable day, except in a few respects. One, he'd lived to see this day through the efforts of his best friends: Alora DeVeau, Dassa Alexander, and Lael Rosek. Two, he'd just been asked by his partner to move in with him aboard the Veritas, which was a major stepping stone in this phase of his life -- his first serious relationship. Three, Alex had survived through the exact same efforts, plus a bit more because of Lael's heroism displayed during the away mission. ::

:: Another year older, and some things didn't change -- he never actually marked the occasion with anything. Recently, after his recent doubt in his abilities and his gratitude at being allowed to survive another day, he decided he had to give thanks to someone. Even though Dassa had only told him half a dozen times to have faith, he wasn't a true believer; not yet. He whispered a silent prayer of gratitude at being allowed to survive, following it up by making the sign of the cross. He felt calmer now, but sleep was still going to elude him for a while to come. ::

:: In his head, he made a list of what all he had to do upon their arrival. ::

oO Step one: check in with the captain and XO. Step two, attempt to arrange for staying with Alex. Step three, get checked out by medical. Step four, get checked out by the counselor. Step five, introduce Alex to my sister. Oo

:: He remained in meditation until they landed. ::

===
Lieutenant Chythar Skyfire, MD
Medical Officer
USS Veritas NCC-95035
O239002CS0

Mark (NPC)
EMH Mk IV
O239002CS0

Featuring Flashback Content by 

PNPC Lieutenant Dassa Alexander, PD, PDS
Medical Officer
USS Veritas
I238110RH0

Lieutenant Commander Trellis Vondaryan
First Officer
USS Za
O239208TV0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.