• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Candidate Narala faces questions about crime lord's sudden acquitt

Candidate Narala faces questions about crime lord's sudden acquittal

By Vian Nova
Stardate 239206.10

Posted Image
Election2392.png NIMBUS III - In a stunning decision, Vivian Voreic, a known Orion crime lord, has been acquitted of all charges in the Nimbus system.

Tensions were high in Paradise City when crime kingpin Vivian Voreic (last name recently changed from Volkoff) touched down a week ago and was arrested on sight by the city's security force. It marked the first time Voreic was positively identified by the general public after rumors of her organization's activity in the Nimbus system. Detained, charged, and put on trial, the verdict was given today: acquitted of all criminal charges within the Nimbus system.

Voreic's history of charges (criminal and otherwise) across the Alpha and Beta quadrant include kidnapping, treason, arms trafficking, drug dealing, and much more, many of these activities she was charged of carrying out in the Nimbus system. She has rumored ties to the Orion Syndicate, Scarlet Brotherhood, and more recently, the Maquis Reborn, as a weapons supplier. Leaked reports rumored to have originated from Starfleet seem to indicate that Voreic has a background in Starfleet Intelligence as an analyst, one of the potential reasons behind her charge of treason in Federation space. Starfleet officials have declined to comment.

For Voreic to be acquitted of all charges in the Nimbus system is something that has been unheard of ever since Chief Administrator Narala came into power. Despite powerful evidence against her, Vivian Voreic walked out of Paradise City courts with a smile on her face and as free as a bird, and even made no attempt to avoid reporters or hide her face - an indication that she's quite comfortable on Nimbus III. Many of her answers to questions by press were simple yes and nos - however, when asked about her possible membership in the Orion Syndicate, she gave a full statement.

"Today is a good day for myself, and for the people of Nimbus III," says Voreic. "I don't plan to ruin today by asserting dominance over a legal system, so let me make myself clear. I am not the Orion Syndicate, I am not the Scarlet Brotherhood, and I am certainly not the Maquis Reborn. I do not endorse any of their actions. I am simply a good businesswoman, trying to make a living."

She declined to make any further comments.
Posted Image
Chief Administrator Narala was questioned about her government's decision whilst promoting her campaign in the cloud city of Stratos, Ardana.

"Nimbus III's legal system is not me, sitting in a sort of throne in a law court," said Narala. "I do not make every sole decision, and I certainly wasn't consulted on the case of Vivian Voreic. I will appeal to the Chief Prosecutor to reconsider the decision the courts have made - in a correct and lawful manner - but if our system has deemed Voreic is to be acquitted, then that is the result for now."

However, political experts observing the situation are unconvinced about Narala's confidence in the situation.

"This is a justice system that Narala has based her campaign on." Political adviser Matthew Broteivach says to FNS. "It's how she came to her position on her home world. She has used it as her podium, asked the Federation citizens to trust her to bring this sort of system to the potential role of President of the Federation, and that system has just decided to release a known crime lord back into their home. That decision alone may have just shot their candidate in the foot."

This article was written by Deliera, the writer for Tristam Core. Submit your own news stories and headlines to the FNS or consider joining the FNS team!

FNS HomeFNS Data Feed30px-Twitter.pngFNS on FB 20px-Facebook.png FNS Team

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.