• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

SB118 Ops: Quotations of the Week!

A lovely end narration for Willow's first mission!

Rest, while important, and Haukea attempted to get as much of it as possible, she often found it difficult when her brain screamed at her to keep going, thoughts tumbling like an all night holo-talk show. In spite of that, Haukea’s body ached around the dirt and dust. Water had been poured on the fire, the storm weathered. Tomorrow was approaching, a new dawn. 

Haukea: ::whispering to herself:: It’s time to go home.

• Like 2

Well, it seems he has found himself in a conversation with another ensign out of the blue. And although he knew that a TRUE security officer would remain silent and focus on duty… the fact that the act of speaking was what kept him from his conscious faltering. And… and a good officer does not reject his fellow officer.

I'm sorry @Obsius Sill-con, you can't escape it, you ARE a true security officer even if you talk to people! 😂

• Haha 3

Sill-con: I thank you… now, imagine if you will… you are a new medical offi- student… and you are checking up on a crew member, everything seems to be in order, and that crew member is in good health… a month or two later the same crew member is sent to the the emergency room due to something that was within them for so… so long, something you have failed to notice, something that has been under your nose. you could ponder how you could have found that issue, but unfortunately… he is already dead.

Yes! A perfect hypothetical! Sill-con felt pride upon how perfect this example explained his position, he was sure that the fellow ensign would understand his position now.

@Obsius Sill-con did great on this one! Great analogy that gets his feelings across.

• Like 2

Jinean nodded. That was a good start, and meant that she didn't need to force-feed or sedate the woman. Which was more of an Arys thing anyway.

*snort*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Logic could be as flexible as morality, at least in Aine's mind.

I find this a little concerning...

• Haha 4

Sera:  Are you certain?  ::looking relieved that she was not the cause of her plant’s health crisis::  Perhaps it is…lonely?  Do Terran plants require the same socialization as Humans do?  Would a…companion help? 

Yes...the plant I mean...

• Haha 3

Foster: =/\= At the moment I’m hot and sweaty. =/\= ::Pause, the sound of a slap was audible as his hand hit his forehead again. =/\= That didn’t come out right.  I mean I’m wet and soggy… Oh come on… I mean… =/\=

*snickers*

• Haha 2

This was what Al-Leyan’s would call a bachelor’s dish, or a tired mother’s dish; you throw it all in a pan and let it cook.

Oh yes, that is very much a tired mother's dish!

• Like 3

I really like this metaphor!

Like a good cup of coffee, a slight warmth spread through her chest. A compliment, praise, was humbling. She felt accepted as part of the Starbase 118 team from it.

• Like 4

But it was depressing. A reminder, as if his own existence wasn’t already one, of the fate that had befallen his relatives and their ancestors. So as they dug and scanned ruins, he’d not been able to shake a bitter feeling. 

😭

• Like 3

And the truth was…Rue had been..rather absent in terms of her seeing Wyn. 

It was something that she regretted, but also didn’t know how to deal with - they were both busy people, that was part of it, but since her confession to Wyn, she was finding herself incredibly clumsy with her and his feelings - at least in her mind, and that was making her careful.

Maybe too careful.

I love it when we see more insight into Rue.

• Like 2

Blackwell: Feed Wyn? ::She grinned:: Is this a new social activity I haven’t heard about?

Trovek: Yep. Sometimes you get to feed the tribbles too. I mean... ::she shrugged, not finishing the sentence::

Blackwell: I can’t expect he would say no if we showed up with snacks and drinks, unless he’s busy…but still food. ::She chuckled and drank the rest of the wine in her glass::

Trovek: I mean what could he be busy with... aside... brain surgery ::she made a face:: In which case we could watch. And eat snacks.

I've done that! 😄

• Haha 2

Green: Being shot at isn’t bad, it’s being shot that sucks.

💯

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Renot: Two ships can be in dry dock at the same time. I’m still shaken about being on bomb detail for a second time. I swear to the Winds, if there is a third bomb mission…

😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thue:  ::with a happy expression – in Rihannsu::  Why not, Nveid?  She got us ale, and she threatened to kill me.  I like her.  

Romulans. XD

• Haha 2

I see you two...

Summerbrook: Entirely unrelated - have you ever been to that Commodore Coffee place? Is it true that they sell T-Shirts with Taybrim's face on them? Think he would sign one for me?

Willow: They have such a thing! No, never been. ::pause:: You’d have to track him down first before he could even sign. 

Both women, hybrid and Risian, burst out in giggles, nodding. They were on a mission. A devious mission. 

Summerbrook: Let's give it a go, shall we?

>.>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Loving this intro from @Lt Aine Olive Sherlock

Thinking any mission in Starfleet was easy was a mistake. Of course everyone said it, but there were no easy days. This is space. And space is dangerous.But they were Starfleet. They were trained from day one to be the best. One common thread among the officers and enlisted throughout was their willingness to go wherever they were needed. To sacrifice it all, that others may live. There were few things out in the vastness that made them scared, but groups like Terra Prime were one of those things.

Aine was no exception in that regard. She'd heard of the terrible things Terra Prime did to further their eugenics-like philosophy. It had even nearly taken the life of a friend. Throughout the history of her own people there had been many like them. Some even would find ways of sympathizing with those groups, something she didn't understand...and didn't want to understand. When she had first joined Starfleet the Academy psych board had done their initial evaluation like it is done with all cadets. They had found she had what they told her was a "grey morality." The first time she'd heard it she wondered what exactly it meant. If she was capable of horrible things or that she could be influenced towards those ideologies. What she eventually learned was that it meant she would be able to do the hard things, but that her sense of right and wrong in the universe was clear to her. Once she had deemed, in her mind, something to be wrong, she would be able to fight against it at all costs. Over time her fear of what she might be subsided. Now all she feared was losing more of those she cared about.

• Like 3

Sherlock: We go armed, always. But, ideally, we'll get this done without
shooting anyone.

Right.  Ithri highly doubted that would happen, but she supposed someone
had to think positive.  For herself, Ithri was not going to shoot
without reason, but she also knew better than to expect it to be that easy.

Oh yeah, just being optimistic. We shootin'.

• Haha 3

Besides, it was equally said that a decent plan consisted of at least four basic steps. ‘1. Make the plan. 2. Execute the plan. 3. Expect the plan to go off the rails and 4. Throw away the plan.’ She could only imagine how long it took for them to get to steps 3 and 4. 

Don't blink or you'll miss it.

• Haha 3

She smiled and steered the couple towards the Koh’la’shamuu, where it seemed that Foster was already waiting for them. That was another thing that worried Arys - a blue, quirky, and somewhat damaged thing that was on its first mission after a major surgery to fix his antenna.

oO Okay really, stop referring to him as a thing. Oo

That thing, that thing, that thiiiing...

• Haha 1

Presenting the civilians with every single possible outcome, allowing them to make their own decision, was one-hundred percent what Haukea-Willow valued and believed in. Individual autonomy. Such a plan of action she could get behind. She only hoped it didn’t come to step four. ‘Throw away the plan.’ 

My dear, it ALWAYS comes to step four...

• Haha 2

Trovek: Please tell me it's bigger on the inside...

Zumagi: Well, looks like we will be quite friendly with each other after this it seems. I hope none of you ate burritos or hasperat.

Ivin did. He had hasperat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Alora DeVeau said:

Trovek: Please tell me it's bigger on the inside...

Zumagi: Well, looks like we will be quite friendly with each other after this it seems. I hope none of you ate burritos or hasperat.

Ivin did. He had hasperat. 

james-roday-shawn-spencer.gif

• Haha 2

Sol was right, they probably had grown complacent and decide that Commodore Taybrim wouldn’t actually charge his special ship into danger.

Well, clearly they hadn’t paid attention to any sort of history because in fact, Commodore Taybrim loved charging his special ship into danger.

She's got him pegged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And then Yavir Moray did something he was pretty sure no living person had ever done. He hung up on Venetta Naystrim.

That IS gutsy @Hiro Jones - I love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2