• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Captain Reynolds - Breaking

Sedrin Belasi

(( Ancient Station ))
::It was strange, really, how much time the many and varied species of the universe had devoted to finding new ways of causing one another pain. The only one she knew that hadn't were the Deltans -- and that was simply a matter of self-preservation. Empathic for as long as their history extended, there were no bloody wars staining their past simply because the emotional shock wave would have ruined the victors as much as the defeated.
::The Not-Harry, unfortunately, knew very well how to cause her pain. Excruciating pain, beyond imagining. And had been doing so, for what felt like an eternity.::
ROSS: ::Soft,:: I hate to see you like this.
::She shook her head, not trusting herself to speak. Not-Harry shook his head, reaching out to brush the hot tears from her cheeks. It was tender, almost affectionate, and it made her skin crawl.::
ROSS: ::Low,:: Oh, Quinn. You've been through this before, and you broke. You broke and you told the Breen everything you knew. *Everything*. ::He paused, this time to sweep sweat-damped hair from her forehead.:: It's only a matter of time. You're just not strong enough.
::The words hit home, exactly as intended. She'd never quite been able to uproot the guilt and shame she had carried with her since her captivity, and she knew he was right. It was only a matter of time. An increasingly short matter of time.
::A noise escaped her throat, a choked-off sob a of a sound, and she squeezed her eyes shut, trying to blank it all out. If only reality could be so easily foiled.::
ROSS: Would it make a difference if I told you that he's in genuinely in love with you? That his feelings for you have nothing to do with me? ::He paused.:: It's not so bad. We'll make you forget. You and Harry could go about your lives, maybe even have a family.
::Somewhere in the back of her pain-addled mind, something clicked. He could very well be lying to her -- she'd expect him to say anything to get her to comply -- but there was the possibility he was telling the truth, and the real Harry was still in there, somewhere.
::It really was such an appealing option, to submit. The pain would stop, she wouldn't remember any of this, and so what if things turned out badly in the end, so long as they were good in the meantime? It wasn't as though there was ever any guarantee that life would turn out in sunshine and roses.::
REYNOLDS: No.
::He sighed, his chin dipping in disappointment. Then he reached away, out of sight, and she knew what was coming next.::
REYNOLDS: Please. Please don't do this.
::The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them. It made her cringe, hearing herself beg, hearing the unadulterated fear in her voice. What kind of Starfleet captain -- no, what kind of officer was she, that she was reduced to this?
::But was there something in his eyes as he paused to look at her? Or was that just wishful thinking?::
ROSS: You know to make it stop.
REYNOLDS: ::Her words escaped between a fearful, strangled sob.:: I can't.
::He almost looked apologetic.::
ROSS: Then I have to.
::It was only a few heartbeats, and then she was screaming again.::
--
Captain Quinn Reynolds
Director of Intelligence
USS Garuda

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.