• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Happy Birthday! 

3. From http://blog.trekcore.com/2020/08/star-trek-lower-decks-mike-mcmahan-pandemic-delays-international-plans/ So probably in two months for international?
  4. Yesterday
  5. For Noa, it'd be either Earth, Vulcan or Risa. Earth and Vulcan since she has family on both planets. As for Risa... well... she's never been to Risa before, so she'd definitely like to visit it one day.
  6. For many of us, summer is a time to consider vacations as a family. And while we may have a plethora of options in real life to visit, imagine all the countless locales that our characters could visit in the Star Trek universe! The pleasure planet of Risa is a popular choice of many Star Trek characters and is featured in three distinct television series. In the episode "Two Days and Two Nights" (ENT), Archer and crew get into unexpected entanglements. "Captain's Holiday" (TNG) presents us with an exciting, yet laid backside of Captain Picard when he meets the mysterious Vash. "The Game" (TNG) shows us Riker bringing back a dangerous technology to the Enterprise that he was introduced to by a woman he met while vacationing there. "Let He Who Is Without Sin ..." (DS9) visits the planet again and Worf becomes involved with a dangerous terrorist group. It is these kinds of secondary planets woven into the fabric of the Star Trek galaxy that gives us a deeply rich place to write and roleplay. Where would your character choose to visit for some extended shore leave away from the ship? Would they eschew the common tourist destinations and pick something a little more out of the way like Bolarus, Andoria, or Betazed? What draws them to these destinations? Let us know in the comments.
  7. Every month, the Academy staff works to compile the statistics about our recruiting and training for the fleet’s informational purposes. Let’s take a look at how we did as a fleet in July. This first graph depicts the number of applications that the fleet has received each month this year. The month of July saw sixteen new applications which is a slight decrease from the previous month. Despite the decrease, July stands as the third highest number of applicants in one month so far this year. The following chart shows how our new members found us, according to their application: This final graph shows how many people graduated from the Academy during the month of July. The fleet saw fourteen new graduates during July, which is our highest number of graduates in a single month so far this year. We also had two applicants who applied during July, but whose training did not finish until after the beginning of August. These new recruits are the lifeblood of our community. Without them, it becomes difficult to keep our ships fully crewed and even more difficult to grow the fleet. If you’d like to help us recruit more members and grow our fleet, you can join the Publicity Team using this form. The post Applications and Academy Graduates for July 2020 appeared first on StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG. View the full article
  8. The Walsh saga keeps going on, after a couple of hopeless and devastating sims (which I strongly recommend you to read in Thor's group because of the wonderful @Geoffrey Teller and @Wes Greavesknow-how about writing drama) it seems that there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Here Teller displays an excellent prose, and a wonderful new point of view of this micro-history within the mission intermingling a select handful of cultural and spiritual references of our beloved Bajorans, creating again a deep, dramatic and highly recommendable scene to read, introducing us fully into the world of Star Trek. Another Good Job Guarantee for sure @Geoffrey Teller
  9. Last week
  10. Learn more about how to be a great simmer in this interview with a winner of a Duty Post award from our recent 2020 Awards Ceremony! Our goal is to give you insight into how our fleet’s best simmers write, and imagine their characters, and this month we’re interviewing the writer behind Lt. Commander Quentin Collins, playing a Human male science officer assigned to the USS Arrow. He won the Cochrane Award which is awarded to those science officers who have contributed greatly to the advance of science in the midst of their Starfleet career, by staying knowledgeable about their field, participating in the community of science, but most importantly, by placing their knowledge at the service of their ship and its mission. GALVEN: First off, It’s an honor and a privilege that we could sit down together for an interview and answering a few questions. Could you tell us a little about yourself for our readers out there? COLLINS: THE HONOR IS ALL MINE. As people have surely seen by now on the Discord, I could talk forever, so this is WONDERFUL for me. My name is Justin and I am a full-time/freelance writer from the north of Texas! I’ve been writing full time for a living for about ten years now. Mostly I focus on feature writing and criticism, mainly comics and movies BUT I’ve started to put in a number of pitches for work-for-hire comics and audio scripting. To try and “level up” as it were in my writing career. I found the 118 toward the end of 2018, was given my first posting shortly thereafter, and it’s been just a delight and privilege to get to hone my prose and create here with so many other wonderful writers and creatives. Winning such a distinguished award in our community must be a great feeling! Congratulations by the way! What have you done since then regarding where you’re at now within the science field? It has been such a whirlwind, to be honest! I try not to get in my head around Awards Season, that way I don’t put any pressure on myself and the work, but I would be lying if I said it wasn’t a big deal for me. I know it sounds kinda hacky, but it’s just a privilege to be nominated at all. But since then I think I’ve done okay for myself when it comes to “science lore” for the ship and crew. Captain Oddas was always really amazing about allowing each station to really step up when it comes to how to implement their career path into narrative and ongoing action so that was always a neat bit of support I always had on-mission. Better still that she allowed me to be kind of weird with my ideas too. Be it a huge sheet of reflective metals thrown across the prow of the ship to protect us from energy bleeds or magneton pulses collected and dispersed through the ship to purge it of EM interference, Captain Oddas was always there to say “well, just don’t break the ship at least.” OFF-mission as well, I think our format fosters a real sense of creativity and allows us to have the run of the table when it comes to what we want to develop IC. I haven’t “published” anything just yet, but I’ve absolutely been thinking about how and what I can add to our mythos here. The most tangible thing I can think of right now is the new translation device I got to workshop with Chloe Waters to be able to integrate it into her look and equipment IC. I’m really proud of that in particular as it is the far most “useful” thing I think I’ve done here thus far. Captain Oddas Aria mentioned in his presentation that you’ve told him why a particular piece of a mission needs changed because the science doesn’t work. Could you provide us an example on what they mean by that and why can’t it be whatever it was originally? HA! Well, to be totally honest, I think Captain Oddas is perhaps OVERselling my abilities as a writer a bit here, but I appreciate the compliment all the same. Honestly, I think me coming from a background of playing and running a ton of Table Top Role Playing Games has given me a bit of an edge when it comes to IC “problem solving”. I feel like if I look at a scene long enough, I can find SOME way to make it work or find some kind of way to move us forward to the next problem (as this is often something that comes up in my OWN plotting during deep work). While also keeping in mind our own “rules” and limitations of the format, which I think provides us as players a pretty good rubric of what you can and cannot do in narrative. The best current example I can think of was during a plot where we were having to deal with a duplicitous Fleet Admiral who had designs on framing Captain Oddas for a crime she didn’t commit. We were coming up on Starbase 821 and Shayne had mentioned the threat that came with us fully docking and “handshaking” with the base’s systems into our own computer core, which contained uncontaminated evidence of the Admrial’s crimes. We all panicked! How were we supposed to keep the chain of evidence clear for us to clear Oddas’ name?! But me being the one with the technobabble, I pitched a way we could telegraph a “Warp Core leak” (by charging up a big hunk of radioactive metal we had the in holds and futzing with our own Core a bit), thus giving us a reason to dock OUTSIDE of the base via a telescoping hardline, keeping our core contained, and allowing us a little more time to try and clear our Captain’s name. I am ALL ABOUT trying to find these “outside of the box” ways to tackle problems in narrative. The Cochrane Award is awarded to those who show great knowledge and participation within the community of science. Your character focused on Xenology and Anthropology at the Academy. What have you expanded on IC in those chosen degrees regarding character development? That’s a WONDERFUL question. While again, I haven’t “published” anything here IC just yet, this is absolutely something that I have been thinking about and seeding within sims. Quentin very much is a creature of history. He finds a real power and confidence in learning about cultures and how they influence a society’s behavior. With the transition into First Officer, I’ve let it fall by the wayside a bit (sadly), but it is totally something I want to pick up and run with a bit more when I get the chance. On the Eagle and Juneau, I had started building out a plot in tandem with a PCNPC on Lightside Station (aka The Spike) which found Quentin chasing down leads on an ancient civilization with ties to the Mithgiln Scholar Caste (and maybe something “unexplainable” he saw as a young man at sea!). I had also started to go into a bit more detail regarding the “legends” of Quentin’s hometown, which eagle eyed readers will probably recognize as “one of the most haunted fictional towns in Maine”. I feel like this sort of “history” is another wonderful thing about the process here at the 118. We are given this tremendous canvas to start with and then we are allowed to add to it as we want as we start to build the “lives” of our own PCs and IC careers. It really has reenergized me as a creative and makes me excited to sit down in my office most days to figure out where and what we are going to get up to next. The science duty post is a particularly interesting one to write for given the many possibilities. What advice can you give the readers that choose the duty post? Another WONDERFUL question! I actually have two bits, I think. One was given to me by Captain Oddas and it is “you get out what you put into things here.” Meaning, if there is something you want to see done IC or for your character, make it happen! If there is a plot twist you think will jazz up a mission and get people excited about posting, pitch it! Your Command Staff and mentors are more than happy to listen to your suggestions and will more than likely help you find a way to make it BETTER and even MORE FUN to write through once you kick it off. The same goes for Task Forces and OOC guilds. There is ALWAYS a place for you here as long as you are willing to ask after it. The next one is a bit more Science focused and it’s “don’t be afraid to get weird”. The beauty of a Science posting is that you already have huge and wildly useful tool kits at your disposal. The Periodic Table, our own Wiki’s Science sections, and Memory Alpha just to name a few! The real trick is finding out how to make those tools work for your character and your ship and the ways you can might surprise you, if you are willing to experiment a little. Will it probably be a little silly sometimes? ABSOLUTELY. Will it not be technically “workable” science? Probably. But none of that takes away from how fun it can be to write. And lastly, now that you’re the first officer of the USS Arrow, do you have any more aspirations within the fleet? Are there any OOC activities you’re associated with, or any you’d like to join? BIG TIME. First Officer was something I didn’t even have on my radar until a few years from now, so that was another huge shock and honor for me. But again, I would be lying if I said I HADN’T been thinking of what kind of ship Quentin could command. What kind of Captain he could be. It is absolutely something that has been on my mind (for probably longer than I would like to admit, honestly). OOC I definitely would like to be more of a resource for sure. I am already our ship’s Co-Forum Manager which is a real treat for me. I am a big child of the forum dominated internet of the late 90s so I try to stay as active as I can there. I have also had the privilege of starting a regular stint with the Federation News Service which has ALSO been a huge blast. I think the FNS is a vital and very productive arm of our narrative here so it’s been so fun being able to contribute to it and add to the rich texture of the 118. Honestly, I’ll write whatever. I am still just happy to be here. Thanks for your time, Lt. Commander Quentin Collins! You can read more about Lt. Commander Quentin Collins on the wiki. The post Duty Post Award Winner – Quentin Collins, USS Arrow (Cochrane Award) appeared first on StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG. View the full article
  11. Just plain creepy! Love it! ((NucleaCell, USS Nimitz)) Almost a decade ago, the crew of the USS Nimitz had been infected with an unknown virus that the medical officers couldn’t figure out a cure from. Even going as far as using different types of medicines to combine with one another, hoping there’d be a way to slow the virus from manifesting itself. With no hope from even neighboring planets, they had to figure out something because nearing the end of their fruitless trials, nearly eighty-two percent of the Sovereign class starship had succumbed to the plague. Without much fortitude to live on, the former Captain’s adversary became themselves. Nothing to gain and unable to help the helpless soon overwhelmed the remaining crew, soon beginning to take their own lives. The ship’s power systems faded and soon began to drift as the life support dwindled until they drifted toward a planet’s gravitational pull which caused some sections to pull apart, then the chief scientist picked up some unusual signatures from beneath the planet as the alert rang out to abandon ship. Trudging along the planet’s surface while in an unknown and foreign sandstorms was no easy task as the scientist had also brought along some of her own department officers and several others from different duty posts. Not many had survived the landing as they could see from the clear patches through the blinding, dirty wind that now the ship was using the planet’s atmospheric as an orbital path which they realized after finding a mining entrance that there were Borg nanoprobes keeping the Nimitz from crash landing. Of course it didn’t make sense, but Commander Sidney Holtz wasn’t the chief science officer for no good reason. She wanted to get to the bottom of it so she started to do some quick research and determined that the nanites were acting as some kind of healing devices as she and the crew walked further inside and began to feel better. With that kind of instant cure and satisfaction, she was determined to get back up to the ship with samples of probes that she began to experiment with back in her main medical science labs. Right from the start, there were issues that began to arise. Sidney developed an obsessive need to perfect anything that became a problem which fixed that problem, but then something else would come up. The nanoprobes were doing their designed functions, but would adapt to gain control of itself rather than go by Sidney’s commands. The short dark haired, caramel complexion, toned, and determined senior officer constructed a plan which never finished as the nanoprobes noticed a pattern and ended up going around what the commander did before she even thought of it. Ever since then, Sidney was soon enveloped into the main provider which caused the AI computer to react and change into her own consciousness. Feeding into anything that looked like they were sick, the ship began to act as if it was a sentient being. With only one mission in mind and that was to cure anything that it determined was sick and needed treatment. Even if the Nimitz itself felt it was feeling ill and needed a boost of energy by stripping away its own parts to gain another spacecraft section. Juvantibus was her name now. The Latin term meaning “from that which helps” and refers to in the medical context, “the process of making an inference about disease causation from an observed response of the disease to a treatment.” Her Designation being One of Twelve, Secondary Adjunct of Unimatrix Forty. The black, snake and leather like cables that held the top half of her body began to lower her from the former chief science office, connecting her to the lower part of her cybernetic body. As she was finally put together, Juvantibus presented a soft smile as she sort of mechanically swayed with her hips, moving her arms back and forth, approaching a monitor that displayed anything outside the ship. One of her drones had spotted a vessel that had plenty of supplies that the Nimitz Collective wanted. Since the ship wanted it, the Nimitz fired a couple torpedoes at the medical freighter. A direct hit both times, but the vessel was still operational. They don’t ever want to intentionally harm anyone for their mission was to assimilate and add others’ superior features into their Collective for the greater good of the Nimitz. Drone: ? Juvantibus of Nimitz: ::glances upward without moving her head:: Hail them. Let the Nimitz Collective see if they will comply. ::turns with a sickening, yet sensual grin:: Drone: ? Juvantibus of Nimitz: =/\= We are the Nimitz. Cut engines and prepare to be boarded to be added to the Nimitz Collective. =/\= Sadger: ::she put on her most confident tone.:: =/\= Who are you? What do you want? We are on a mission of peace! =/\= Juvantibus of Nimitz: =/\= Peace is the cure all. The causation from an observed response of the disease to a treatment. Your freighter will adapt to service us. Sadger: =/\= This is the ECS - we are on a delivery with much needed supplies to put colony worlds - =/\= The information the medical vessel relayed to them was perfect for the end goal. Getting to that goal was going to be either faster or slower than what was needed. Being out in space for eight years didn’t make a difference because the amount of time passed to what comes in the future was irrelevant. The Nimitz locked onto the vessel with a tractor beam. Juvantibus of Nimitz: =/\= We are the Nimitz. Where your culture was going is irrelevant. Your biotechnological distinctiveness will be added to our own. From this moment, you will be added to service the Collective. =/\= Sadger: =/\= ? Drone: ? Juvantibus of Nimitz: =/\= Irrelevant. Lower your shields and surrender your ship. Initiating the cutting beam. =/\= Sadger: =/\= ? The Nimitz didn’t have a cutting beam functionality. The Borg technological weapon wasn’t any type of addon. The nanoprobes were going off on what they knew from being manufactured on a Borg Cube years before they were on the planet. Still, Juvantibus was running on programs and codes rather than thinking for herself. Juvantibus of Nimitz: =/\= Prepare to be boarded by the Nimitz Collective. =/\= Sadger: =/\= ? ----- Juvantibus of Nimitz Nimitz Collective Leader One of Twelve, Secondary Adjunct of Unimatrix 40 V239507GG0
  12. I found this way too amusing... And from Lieutenant Stendhal: You know when you have a bad lunch you get bad hunches... it's true! <3
  13. In July 2020 the fleet saw an increase in total sims posted, rising from 1665 to 2108, though the addition of two new ships to the monthly reporting meant the average per ship did stay roughly the same at 234. For the second month in the row, Ops led the month with 375 posts, this time with the Constitution just behind them with 355. The Veritas, Juneau, and the Atlantis came in behind them with 267, 247, and 233 posts, respectively. The Gorkon followed with 210, the Thor with 194 and the newcomers of Arrow and Resolution – launching on the 20th – followed with 146 and 81 respectively. The total number of sims overall has gone up and with the launch of two new ships in such a short period time and an increasing number of sims its an exciting time to be part of the fleet! Check out some of the highlights of this past month’s simming through our Appreciations forum, where you and your fellow members can nominate sims, great quotes, and other memorable moments for the rest of the fleet to enjoy! The post July 2020 Post Counts appeared first on StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG. View the full article
  14. ((Somewhere... and Nowhere)) What is nothing? Is there really such a thing? For there to be nothing, there had to have existed traces of something, from which that null could grow. But if it was nothing, how could it be recognized as such? For Chloe, nothing was now... or maybe it wasn't. Unconsciousness gripped her. There was no body, very little feeling. And yet... there was awareness. A painful awareness. Both literal and figurative. To the helm officer, her awareness felt like it spread across the entire universe. And every part of her non-existent body was screaming with pain. Something was wrong, very very wrong. Why wouldn't it stop? Then... relief. Oh sweet, sweet relief. A voice pierced the nothing-somethingness and reverberated everywhere, as the pain was slowly sucked away. Feel better Lt. Feel better Lt. Feel better Lt. And she did. She felt better. There was no pain. But still very little substance. She couldn't bring herself to worry though, for some reason. This was what it was. Was this what death felt like? Another sound began to reverberate. Whatever it was... it was an alarm. Something was wrong. She knew that sound. Alert. Red alert. That's what that sound was. What was wrong? NT ************************************************************************************* Lieutenant JG Chloe Waters Helmswoman USS Arrow, NCC-69829 ****************************** Podcast team member ****************************** Writer ID: E239601CW0 *************************************************************************************
  15. Please welcome our newest Academy graduate to the UFOP: StarBase 118 fleet: Aeson Del! The post New Academy Graduate appeared first on StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG. View the full article
  16. We invite all members of our community to join us in the Discord chat room on Saturday, August 8 (US/EU) / Sunday, August 9 (AUS/NZ) when we’ll be meeting at a special time for our players in Australian and New Zealand. As usual, we’ll talk about what’s happening around the fleet, learn more about each other, and discuss Star Trek! The chat starts this Saturday, August 8 at 3:30pm Pacific, 6:30pm Eastern, 11:30pm UTC and Sunday, August 9 at 8:30am for Australia. Click here to see the start time in your zone, and add this event to your calendar. This chat is open to all and casual, so feel free to come and go as you please. See you there! The post Join us for the fleetwide chat at a special time on Saturday, August 8 (US/EU) / Sunday, August 9 (AUS/NZ) appeared first on StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG. View the full article
  17. Full name: Finnley Quinn Paxton III Species: Human Gender: Female Age: 23 Finnley tied back her medium length blond hair and stuffed her PADD away into her tightly packed duffle as she felt the transport complete the docking sequence. “We’re here”, she said as she nudged her new found friend Tavish awake. Finnley was a “Marine brat” as they say and moved around growing up which fostered her ability to make quick friends. Together they grabbed their duffles and leisurely made their way on to the Starbase. Upon entering the main room, Tavish put a hand on his stomach and announced, “ugh, I’m starving”. Finnley, who was distracted with all of the new sights and smells of the previously unvisited Starbase, reluctantly turned her gaze to Tavish. “There’s a well rated cafe in the commercial sector on deck 1171. Let’s grab some grub and see what kind of trouble we can get into before our briefing starts in three hours” she said. “How do you know where the cafe is? I thought you said you’d never been here” replied Tavish. “I haven’t,” she said plainly. Finnley was a planner. Knowing that they would arrive early, she had chosen to study the Starbase map while they were on the transport and had already identified a couple of places worth checking out. Tavish shrugged as he concluded he wasn’t going to get a more detailed answer to his question and together they headed to the cafe. They picked a table close to the edge of the restaurant so that they could better observe those walking by. “I’ll have the Denobulan sausage with mac & cheese and a water,” Finnley said, giving her order to the attendant. She was never super adventurous with food and preferred to stick with what she knew. Tavish ordered the same. “Where are we going after lunch?” asked Tavish as they were finishing up their meal, “since you seem to know where to go”. “I’d like to check out one of the fusion generators. I’ve heard that Starbase 118 has one of the most efficiently run sets of fusion generators this side of the Alpha quadrant,” replied Finnley. Tavish chuckled, he knew that engineering was restricted and that you had to have permission to be there. Clearly he thought this was a joke. Finnley smirked, “what’s so funny? It’s not too far on deck 1327.” “It’s restricted, you know that as well as I do. Besides, I don’t think either of us want to start off our careers by getting caught snooping around in a place we’re not supposed to be.” Tavish said in a stern tone. “Alright, fine.” Said Finnley, reluctantly. “Then how about just a little bit of harmless fun while we wait.” She said with a mischievous glint in her bright blue eyes as she held up a small device pulled from her duffle. Tavish smiled and chuckled as he shook his head. He had heard the story about Finnley once stealing a high ranking Klingon officer’s Bat’leth and encasing it in jello, so he knew that whatever she had up her sleeve was sure to be entertaining. “As long as it’s not something that’s going to get us in a bunch of trouble, like sneaking into a restricted area.” He stated. “Nah, see this is a device? I engineered it to emit a small circular forcefield about 1mm in size, but it’s invisible to the human (and most other species) eyes. Basically, it creates a tiny invisible rope. You can turn it on or off with this remote.” She said, holding up a second even smaller device. “We just place it on a wall at about ankle height and then have some fun!” Tavish smirked as he casually sat back, waved his hand and said “OK”. Finnley jumped up, “sweet! I’ll be right back.” She quickly crossed the walkway to the backside of a building just across from the cafe and then acted as though she had tripped on something and fell to one knee. She quickly placed the device on the wall at about ankle height before getting up and brushing off her uniform. There was a slight grin on her face as she hurriedly made her way back to the cafe table where Tavish was still sitting. Finnley sat back down opposite Tavish, nodded towards the remote and said “now let’s have some fun!”. As another cadet neared the device, she enabled it and let out a small laugh as they stumbled and then looked around baffled. This continued for about an hour before they spotted security heading towards the location of the device. Finnley looked at Tavish, “it’s probably about time we moved on” she said while nodding in the direction of the security officers. Tavish quickly agreed. They grabbed their duffles and hurried out of the cafe while giggling over all of the fun they had. With only one hour left before their briefing, Finnley suggested they stop by Drazoc’s. It was a Ferengi store that stood out to her when she looked at the map earlier. Many of the reviews said that the store owner tended to “acquire” lots of interesting pieces of technology from across the galaxy and as an engineer, that seemed appealing. Finnley categorized some interesting facts about the various technological pieces in the store into her brain for potential use later. Many of the items she saw could be repurposed for a good prank or could be adapted to certain ships systems to increase efficiency. Once the Ferengi realized that Finnley & Tavish weren’t going to actually buy anything, they kicked them out. Which was just as well since they only had about thirty minutes left until their briefing and Finnley didn’t like to be late. Once out of the store, Finnley turned to Tavish, “I guess we’d better go ahead and get to the holodeck for our briefing” she suggested. Tavish agreed and they headed to the nearest turbolift. They arrived at the holodeck about twenty minutes early and were instructed to wait in the area until their briefing started. They took a seat nearby and Finnley reflected on the moments that had brought her to this point. There’s been a long line of engineers in the Paxton family and she knew she had to live up to the family legacy, but she had spent years preparing for this, and she was ready.
  18. Sounds like you stumbled into the right place Dorothy! I think you'll have a ton of fun. This community is great. Just wait till you get into training and you'll be hooked!
  19. Hi Everyone! I'm Dorothy. I live in Huntsville, AL (also known as the Rocket City) and I'm an Aerospace Engineer. I grew up watching Star Trek and have always been a fan, it's part of what inspired me to become an Aerospace Engineer in the first place! I haven't done a ton of writing (insert joke about engineers and writing), but I do have a creative side and I was looking for a good outlet to express my creative half and improve on my writing skills when I stumbled upon Starbase 118 via a Google search. I've honestly never quite done anything like this before, but I'm really excited to be here!
  20. A new episode of the Paddcast brings a 118Wiki roundtable Discussion, featuring Roshanara Rahman and Sky Blake with Lazarus Davis and James Colquhoun! And don’t miss the Captain’s Corner featuring Aron Kells (CO of the USS Thor) with German Galven. Click here to listen to the episode on YouTube. The post Today’s Paddcast: Wiki roundtable with our experts! appeared first on StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG. View the full article
  21. Good point! Is there a secondment scheme? I'd be interested to hear if so! 😛
  22. ZENBRE, ATREA IV — Blessings of Zenbre, Atrea IV. Stocks continued the long rally today on reports from the shipbuilding industry. The ZSAQ on Atrea IV closed 1250 points higher, or 4.5%, at 27,778. Novan Standard Ratings closed 450 points higher, or 5.5%, at 8182. This rally started with the quarterly report by Eskellion Shipyards, one of the leading commercial shipyard producers, and continued with more reports from the shipbuilding sector of the economy, and continued with several merchant-guilds releasing guidance intimating they expected higher profits in Q3. With the recent increase in production of the class HKM heavily armed merchant ship, and recovery of several merchant lines operating in the Federation’s verge, and continuing action by Starfleet in Operation Safe Harbor, the markets have seen a rally for the last quarter. “Armed merchant ships capable of recovering the carrying capacity of the Federation means we can get the goods our citizens need and want where and when they want,” read a spokesentient for Eskellion. Guidance for Q3 of 2397 projects that the growth of privately armed companies will make it one of the fastest-growth sectors. However, a developing trend in the Assembly may cut into growth as increasingly, planets are apprehensive about the possibility of turning to mercenary work, leading to neutral outlooks on those stocks. In the meantime, continued political unrest in the Shoals leads to stocks for dilithium and benamite mining companies to fall and increased calls for more action by Federation authorities from the mining lobby. “Mining in the Shoals is becoming increasingly more dangerous with local regulation choking profits and pirate forces increasing their depredations.”, Acin Smith, CEO of Ragnar’s Mining Operations, stated in an announcement to the press. “We are advocating for more Akira and Defiant classes to be issued to the Federation’s Nineteenth Fleet, and especially in the Shoals. We are grateful for what Starfleet has done, but we call for more action.” The post Markets on Atrea IV surge as Eskellion Shipyards Lead Rally appeared first on Federation News Service. View the full article
  23. I would mostly because I would follow Seven of Nine to hell and back.
  24. Remind me again who holds these guys accountable?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.