• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

November & December Writing Challenge

Tony, aka VAiru

Welcome, all, to the final competition of 2013!

For this Challenge, consider this old rhyme:

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Chris, aka Sinda Essen and the winner of the previous round, would like you to think about "Treason & Plot" for your entry in this final contest. He writes: "I was thinking of going all historical and Anglophile with Bonfire Night coming up - possibly the only annual celebration over an act of (attempted) terrorism in the world..."

How will you interpret this theme? What justified and positive reasons might exist in Trek for treason or terrorism? It's a topic dealt with in a few of the serialized series' episodes, but usually they went the standard route of having terrorists as the bad guys. What else can you do in your story?
As of today, Saturday, November 2nd, this Challenge is open! All entries must be received by Friday, December 27th in order to be considered for this Challenge.
As always, please remember:
*Your work must be completely original.
*You must be the sole author of the work.
*Your story must take place in the Star Trek universe, but may not center upon canon characters.
*Sign your final draft as you would a post on your ship.
*Your story must be between 300 and 3000 words.
For any questions you might have, remember that you can always post questions to this thread or visit the Writing Challenge website.
Good luck!

• 1 month later...

My sincere thanks to everyone who entered this contest! It is now officially closed and the judges have convened. We hope to have an winner for you by New Year's Eve!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.