• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiya! I just graduated from the Academy, yay! According to my brand new roster profile, I am listed as "Security Officer", however I signed up in the Academy for Intel. Is this like a first stage, then Intel comes later after I get some more experience or?

Anyway, curious musings. Appreciate some feedback help. Thanks.

Edited by Mnheia

Not really a first stage, there's no progression from Security to Intel, they're two different departments. You're on the Avandar, right? They already have an Intel officer listed (S'lone). Most ships only take one Intel officer, if any, because there really isn't enough work for more than one per ship. Several ships don't take Intel officers at all, just as some don't take Marines. I took a look at that placement questionnaire thing they have you fill out and they list Intel as a full position, in that case you default to your second choice as I understand it. I'm guessing you put Security as your second choice?

Edited by Alucard Vess
  • Like 1

With that said, just because you start off as a security officer doesn't mean that you will always be a security officer. For example I have been with the fleet for almost two years and in that time I have jumped across three departments (four if you count CO/XO as a separate department). I know that many in the fleet have experienced this as well, just take a look at some of our Captain's histories.

From what I am seeing intel and the marines are becoming more and more popular so you never know when another intel position will open up on your ship or another in the fleet. So the moral of this story is that if you want to get into an intel based position now or in the near future you should talk to your Captain and see what can be done to move you in that direction.

• Like 2

Not to mention, Security works with Intelligence frequently on the Avandar. We've been included in the action a couple of times as well. I should know. :P

With that said, just because you start off as a security officer doesn't mean that you will always be a security officer. For example I have been with the fleet for almost two years and in that time I have jumped across three departments (four if you count CO/XO as a separate department). I know that many in the fleet have experienced this as well, just take a look at some of our Captain's histories.

From what I am seeing intel and the marines are becoming more and more popular so you never know when another intel position will open up on your ship or another in the fleet. So the moral of this story is that if you want to get into an intel based position now or in the near future you should talk to your Captain and see what can be done to move you in that direction.

What he said. ;) A lot of people start off in one department then switch. I started in medical before moving to command, and I even know someone who went from engineering to science. I'd recommend giving security a chance to see how you like it. They do see a lot of action. After all, you can't have an away mission without security. :) And if you decide you don't like it (now or later) you can always talk to your captain about it. You'll find that the captains around here are pretty understanding and flexible.

Yes, Security as a second, a second with reservations (in my app notes).

Thank you for explaining. Sounds great. If there is a waiting list for intel, I would like to sign up.

Yes, Security as a second, a second with reservations (in my app notes).

Thank you for explaining. Sounds great. If there is a waiting list for intel, I would like to sign up.

Talk to your Commanding Officer. They're the best resource to answer questions on this kind of stuff. wolfy.gif

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.