• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

USS Invicta: Notable Quotables

King: ::Turning to Raav and waving his arms around the empty amphitheater.:: I’m a helmsman, not a shaman!

Mandy beat me to it, but I have to throw in this gif given what Ryan said about his TOS watching....

200.gif

• Like 4

Vyrenna: =/\= Commanders, be advised that we have momentarily lost contact with Captain Kells's away team. We are reading biosignatures where they should be, but our comms are unable to reach them. =/\=

Vyrenna-speak for "careful, Captain Kells might get kidnapped again".

1701p done..gif

• Like 3
Vyrenna: =/\= Sir, would you please join me on the bridge? We have lost contact with Captain Kells's away team. =/\=

::$@#%.::

::He stood up and was already to the door as he answered.::

Washington: =/\= On my way. =/\=

What really happened when Joseph got to the bridge:

anigif_enhanced-27259-1415087592-11.gif

• Like 3

Luna Walker's Narrative:

If this were a story, a lightning bolt would have hit behind her bright pink hair.. PADD held high as she shouted "I have the power!". 

HAHAHA!  I LOVED He-Man!  Also She-Ra!

• Like 3

Rahman: I tried to warn you that it wasn't going to be like the recruitment posters… but you never listen to me anyway.

Del Vedova: But apparently I listen to posters.

:: And that wasn't even true, but never mind. He would stand behind her, and he would be the best at standing behind her. Yep, that's just what he would do, stand behind her. Standing. Behind. Her. 

I can just see Del's face as he stands there...

bellatrix.gif

• Like 4

T’Lea: The opposing a::cough::holes. ::wheeze:: Obviously.

:: The snark-master returns.  She tugged on Mr. King to help her up, and with a bit of clinging, climbing and leaning on him she made it to her feet. The water bottle was gripped in one hand and a piece of Mr. King’s shoulder was in her other hand.  She was stubborn, and she was about to become very annoying to the a-holes responsible for this.::

ehehehehehehehehe. 

Edited by Ryan King
  • Like 4

King: ::softly:: The Kobayashi Maru has nothing on this. ::frowning and sweeping both Kells and Riverview in his eyesight.:: And no Lion King jokes.

::Ryan turned to Riverview and motioned to the surrounding forests behind them.::

King: I'm thinking of calling Captain Kells ::looking quietly behind him to ensure he was out of earshot of his superior.:: Kobayashi Kells...

:)  Mr. King is fun. :) 

• Like 3
:: What was the Vulcan phrase? Infinite diversity in infinite complications, or something like that? Well, for all that the universe was infinite, it sure liked to repeat itself. Del glanced over at Si'Cero, who was living proof: Except for the ears, they were more or less the same. Well, and the Vulcan's hemocyanin. And...well, never mind. If there was a useful connection here, Del decided he wasn't going to look twice. ::
Del Vedova: Oh, yeah? ::beat:: Oh--yeah? ::beat:: Well, she's just lucky I'm not Edosian, or I'd have three.

:: Stunning comeback. He'd have to remember to scrub that one from the shuttle's audio recorder. He wondered if Si'Cero would note it in his logs--and, if so, what sort of clearance Del would need to quietly erase that log. ::

Both of these had me laughing. Hehe.

• Like 2

As I plow through the mound of posts I missed I found this particularly compelling from Ensign Riverview:

Riverview: Wait....please.

::As Ryan stood, Ceilidh knelt down and gently touched the forhead of each person. Perhaps they hadn’t been dead that long. Perhaps there was some time of memory still hanging about, just hoping to be seen. As she moved between the two adults, it was the child and the small object it clutched in its hand that held the precious feeling.

It was only a few short moments, but Ceilidh mentally inhaled all that she could from that tiny memory. It was a confused one, filled with so many emotions, emotions of a child were always the hardest to bear.

Standing up, Ceilidh wiped the tears from her eyes and set a face of angry determination on her face. ::

Riverview: Alright. Let’s get moving.

• Like 3

I liked the imagery from our guest simmer:

::Sophisticated photonic projectors, intricate data baffles and a lattice of dielectric force fields, all wrapped around one of Starfleet's own probes. It was a construct that wouldn't hold up to prolonged scrutiny, but in the heat of battle and with the Syracuse's already damaged systems, the bluff worked like a charm. Titus gave a satisfied smile as he watched the little ship take evasive manoeuvres in order to avoid a collision with something that wasn't even there. Meanwhile the Serpens slipped past unnoticed, altering course to detour around the mines - which, Titus noted, was a nasty little trick worthy of any space pirate. ::

• Like 2

I'm rounding the home stretch on catch up (I know I should just jump in but I hate doing that out of respect for all of the amazing writing).

The beef wellington was where it had started to go wrong.  He'd tried to follow the directions, but the first had been very.. well was it still rare if it was bleeding?  The second he'd hurried and figured on saving time by doubling the heat to decrease the time.  Which, one massive amount of smoke later, he'd realized did not work quite as he'd hoped.  He only hoped that the smoke was vented outside the ship, which might make it look like they were severely damaged, rather than carrying a poor cook.  

A great one from Counselor Walker. I have a great deal of sympathy on this one.

• Like 3
On 8/3/2016 at 0:52 PM, Ryan King said:

I liked the imagery from our guest simmer:

::Sophisticated photonic projectors, intricate data baffles and a lattice of dielectric force fields, all wrapped around one of Starfleet's own probes. It was a construct that wouldn't hold up to prolonged scrutiny, but in the heat of battle and with the Syracuse's already damaged systems, the bluff worked like a charm. Titus gave a satisfied smile as he watched the little ship take evasive manoeuvres in order to avoid a collision with something that wasn't even there. Meanwhile the Serpens slipped past unnoticed, altering course to detour around the mines - which, Titus noted, was a nasty little trick worthy of any space pirate. ::

Well, Rahman might not be a space pirate, but she did play one before... :argh:

• Like 2

Commander Kelrod, or Dickens, he had a mind to just do the en-vogue thing and merge the names, Commander Delrod? That would be one he’d keep for use amongst his lower deck peers.

Bwa-ha-ha!!  Poor Mr. Dickens. That was just Evil, Ryan.  Evil. ;)

King: oO What’s the saying Grandma always said. ‘Do. Ask forgiveness later.’ Oo

::Yeah.::

King: oO What was it that Grandpa used to say to me? ‘Close your mouth. You talk too much.’ Oo

::Ryan frowned and pouted. Screw you, Grandpa.::

LOL 

BTW, that whole sim was really great.  I enjoyed every morsel of it. :)

• Like 4

King: oO What was it that Grandpa used to say to me? ‘Close your mouth. You talk too much.’ Oo

I can't not post this again, because it was that good!

• Like 2

It's a shame we never got to sim something between Rahman and T'Lea, Rich.  I think it would have been interesting to see how that developed over time.  These are great lines!

Del Vedova: But you're good at it. I'm not.

::Roshanara grumbled.::

Rahman: Damn it, Del, would you stop being a whiny, little %&@#$. It's weird.
Del Vedova: I'm not. I'm saying what's true. 

Rahman: No, it's not. And look, you're headed to the Za or Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah or whatever…
Rahman: I… I didn’t know what to think. I was afraid I had messed it up.

Del Vedova: Is that it, really?

:: That made her finally lose it as she felt a tear break through her composure. She laughed as she wiped it away with her other hand. ::

Rahman: Yes, that’s it really. God, you’re such a [...]!

• Like 4