• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

USS Invicta: Notable Quotables

Like a medieval Terran king at a banquet, Nia wiped away food from around her mouth and called out to him.::

Calderan: Hey Sedrin, care to join us?

giphy.gif

Haha, gotta love Nia. Who could decline that invitation?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hehe... this week on Days of Our Invicta Shoreleave

The following week she had kept herself mostly locked up in her quarters, watching old movies and fussing Kitty. 
There had also been a good supply of ice cream too.

We've all been there, Nia. We've all been there.

enhanced-buzz-29566-1369854404-1.jpg

Also...

Moonsong: Do you like llamas?

Kells: I -- don’t know that I have any particular feelings toward them.

eYCrhFh.png

• Like 4

Psst!  That's an alpaca, not a llama!  ;)

(Difference being Alpacas are docile animals full of rainbows and light.  Llamas will rip your face off and wear it for a hat if they had the chance...)

Edited by Sal Taybrim
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Sal Taybrim said:

Psst!  That's an alpaca, not a llama!  ;)

(Difference being Alpacas are docile animals full of rainbows and light.  Llamas will rip your face off and wear it for a hat if they had the chance...)

Fortunately Llamasong Farms raises both. ;)

• Like 1
Just now, Raissa Moonsong said:

Fortunately Llamasong Farms raises both. ;)

Prolly a good idea.  Llamas guard the herd!

And bite.  Don't ask me how I know this.  -.-

~Jamie (who does not quite have a vendetta against nasty llamas...) ;)

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

oh, they are exceptionally rare!  Of course, they always seem at odds with themselves. ;-)

• Like 3
Kells: Secretary Ventu.

Ventu: The itinerant Fleet Captain Kells. ::beat:: Well, now that we've established who we are, shall I get down to why I tracked you down here? 

:: He nodded, waved her toward one of the unoccupied seats. ::

Ventu: ::conversationally:: You're very insubordinate. I like that, except when I hate it and have my most insubordinate subordinates ejected into space.

56c6cd2d6ee5c_InternallyScreaming.gif.11

Adding "Don't upset Ventu" to my list of how to survive on Starfleet vessels . . .

• Like 3

Kells: So, you and Roshanara?

Core: What about us?

Kells: I don't want to pry. I guess -- I'm just surprised I didn't know. 

Kells: I didn't mean to make you feel like you have to justify yourself or your relationship to me. I'm sorry if I've made you feel badly.

Core: It's not like that - not at all. I'm as happy as I can be this early in my life. But there's something going on - I don't know what it is. It could be work, it could be what's happening with Tasnim, I don't know. But she just . . . doesn't feel completely open with me. Obviously there are some things I'm never going to be allowed to know, what with her being commanding officer now, but on a personal level, it's like she's holding me at an arm's length. I don't even know if she knows she's doing it. 

:: Oh, Architect. What had he gotten them into?

XD

tumblr_lfm4i0JYAG1qaxxxso1_500.png

...little did they realize this was all part of Rahman's diabolical plan to get her laughs.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Raissa Moonsong said:

And this is why I adore Vex. He really understands the heart of the Invicta Expedition.

Does that mean you can share what it means now?

Vetri: LtCmdr, Walker, you are, without a doubt, the most malevolently minded individual I can call to mind - that I'm not married to. Your proposal is precisely the sort of thing I would expect to hear from a deceitful, back-stabbing little sneak with no concept whatsoever of the proper way to behave in this sort of situation.

:: She paused for a moment, letting her words hang in the air, then her stern and sober mask dissolved into something that could almost be called impish.::

Vetri: Well done. Make sure you make a note of any more ideas like it that occur to you, and get this one ready to go by the time the insertion team is ready to go.

Luna - > Hey!  I'm not malevolent!   ;)   The rest fits pretty well though.. ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A few fun ones from Act 3:

Vetri: ::muttering:: I really should not be getting this much practice with the Abduct-o-ray.

Hmmm, this makes me think this isn't her first time.

Saveron: And made you dependant on, and indebted to, Federation generosity? You would not have thanked us.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saveron runs for office in the 2396 presidential election... and wins. I've also submitted Sarah's sim to the Top Sims contest as a great little snippet into life in other corners of the galaxy that puts our adventures in the Corridor in context.

Porchevska: Just doing my job, Doctor. ::she grinned up at him.:: So what would you like to do while we wait? 

::Gabrielle smiled at him. He was cute. They would so need to haul him to the next lower decks party. Jess would have fun with him.::

Jess-outrage.jpg

And from the mind of one Luna Walker...

:: The device mocked her. The red light taunted her, daring her to try and disarm it. She could almost hear it, like a carnival barker. "Step right up folks, disarm the explosive and win the prize!" Of course, in this case, if she failed... It wouldn't simply be a stuffed animal she was losing.

Edited by Roshanara Rahman
  • Like 3

Moonsong: =/\= Tristam, I need your help. =/\=

::There was a pause.::

Core:::cautiously.:: =/\= If it involves any of DeVeau’s plants . . . =/\=

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by Alora DeVeau
  • Like 3
46 minutes ago, Alora DeVeau said:

"The Kindred overgrew the ship
and wrapped us up in vines
An open mind and good green thumbs
were what gave them a chance
and even now her violets 
make Alora look askance."

-- Banned from Menthar

• Like 1

:: Nothing.  There was no running of little feet to greet her, no yells of excitement, no warm embrace from her bondmate.  There was nothing but cold, stale silence – and a stuffed animal by her feet.::

T’Lea:  Hmph.  I missed you too.

:: She said to the empty room, and then scooped up the fuzzy white bunny toy and scowled at it.::

T’Lea: I am not hugging you.

::  In one swipe she flung it across the room, hoping it would burst open, and the stuffing would fly out.  No such luck there.  Must not have thrown it hard enough…::

::makes mental note to send 100 stuffed bunnies to T'Lea's quarters::

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I know he's too young for this (at least, I think so. Not quite sure with Vulcans), but this popped into my head while reading this:

Saavok: I am merely enquiring, ‘spotty’. ::He replied.:: You do not have to answer.

::He regretted the words as soon as he said them, species slurs were entirely unbecoming even though she'd started it. To his surprise she chuckled rather than sniping back.::

Taz: Hmph, you're all right, Pointy. ::She slid the second PADD back into view, looking back down at it.:: It's nothing. Well, nothing to do with homework.

::Attitude had achieved what polite enquiry did not; that was… intriguing.

Narrator (in the voice of John Cleese): And that was the day Saavok learned he liked girls.
  • Like 4

::The counselor rose from the chair to pace around the small room. It was the only way to deal with the nervous energy. Roshanara was an energetic type of person.::

I think this pretty much sums up that entire scene/the Rahman/Moonsong relationship so far:

• Like 3