• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

USS Invicta: Notable Quotables

Saveron: Perhaps that is why we have not heard of such. ::He mused, glancing across at Aron and seeing the light of recognition in his eyes. They were thinking the same thing.:: When the T’Plana Hath landed on Earth for the first time I doubt that the first thing that Captain Solkar said to Zephram Cochrane was ‘We’re vegetarian’.

::Although given the Terran habit of serving meat at celebratory events, it may have been the second.::

That made me giggle.

• Like 3

"Dumber than a larva"

I loved this sim title, and everything in it. Poor Zial'Sethir'Verd. I get this lovely impression that she's baby-sitting on sufference, and would really rather be anywhere else.

"As she half expected, they did not stay where they had agreed to stay. "

"::Had the visitors remain where they were supposed to, this would not have happened.::"

"They did not warn her other races would try to have several conversational topics going on at the same time. It would be up to her to handle these creatures.::"

"This was becoming ridiculous. It was past time she took control. But, by the burrow of the queen, they did not train her for this madness."

"::She herded the visitors back to chamber of talking. They were more difficult than a larva with a stubbed toe.::"

::Giggle.::

• Like 2
:: Chythar felt the weight of the proverbial red collar starting to cause doubt in his mind. He tried to bury it deep within himself, hoping that Ris wouldn't notice. This wasn't the time to get cold space-feet -- especially during such a delicate mission as this. ::

Indeed, but understandable. After all...

tumblr_mnwsdtXV931qb0ixoo8_r1_500.gif

• Like 3
Garry: How do you understand him? He stopped talking and just started *clicking*.
::Clicking his fingers to get attention of his engineers was how Core had been working over the last couple of days. It was annoying and somewhat rude, but preferable to him and (admittedly) quicker for his engineers instead of waiting for him to stammer out the names and ranks of those around him.::
Loupaz:::shrugging:: I speak the language of those incapable of speaking.
::There was a pause.::
Garry: So you're just really good at crappy charades?
Loupaz: Yeah, pretty much.

I always love seeing the lower decks just sipping their drinks shaking their heads at the crazy antics of the senior staff.

• Like 4
DeVeau: I don’t want to say something only to have him not be interested
and it makes things weird.
Moonsong: That is an argument that has been used for thousands of years
as an excuse by both sexes regardless of species. ::pause:: Always a
poor one. You should not let doubt and fear hold you back.
::Raissa swirled her soup a little, not eating::
Moonsong: Besides…. it is already… weird...
DeVeau: It is?

Haha, Counselor Moonsong tells it like it is. Also, ahem, Alora...

DeVeau: I suppose when you put it that way...and what do you glean from this study of the genre?
Saveron: Terrans are obsessed with sex.
::He put his spoon in his mouth in a gesture of finality.::
DeVeau: Oh really? All Terrans?
Saveron: A representative proportion certainly.
DeVeau: Even me?
::He might not be particularly perceptive of cultural subtleties, but Saveron was at least aware of when he was being baited. And where young Vulcans in their twenties just shy of Pon Farr tended to get rather tongue-tied about the subject, the good doctor had grandchildren.::
Saveron: I cannot state with any certainty. I have no experimental data from which to draw conclusions. ::He replied dryly.::

5df84009e3bbae199bf3fab251b59c4d.gif

• Like 4

Saveron: Given my role as Research Coordinator, it would be logical for me to retain my current uniform.

::Like Rosh, Saveron had an allergy to red collars.::

This was rather amusing. Reminds me of a quote I used in one of my sims about chameleon collars, whether it changed to red when he wasn't looking.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Falkenstein: Perhaps you could join me on the holodeck. I have some

great programs. Horseback riding. Antique planes. Hiking the Alaskan
frontier…

Shandres: ::mutters:: Medieval fantasy with knights and dragons….

Falkenstein: Shut up, Ki.

I think that more Shandres and Falkenstein are required. They need their own spinoff. :D

• Like 1
Falkenstein: Perhaps you could join me on the holodeck. I have some

great programs. Horseback riding. Antique planes. Hiking the Alaskan

frontier…

Shandres: ::mutters:: Medieval fantasy with knights and dragons….

I think that more Shandres and Falkenstein are required. They need their own spinoff. :D

Hee!

Falkenstein: We make Intelligence fun!

Shandres: As in dysFUNctional

• Like 1

Davenport: And how you find being the Director of Intelligence somewhere like The Corridor, Captain Reynolds?

:: Quinn glances at her fellow black-collars::

Reynolds: I keep hoping I'll find some out here to direct...

Edited by Saveron
  • Like 1

Kells: Welcome to both of you. I'm afraid that you've caught us with our pants -- not down, perhaps, but at least unbuckled. ::beat:: But we're glad to have you, and I'll put your official assignment orders through in a moment. Before I dismiss you, is there anything I can answer for you?

At least it's PG.

• Like 1

Lucius: Oh, excuse me, where are my manners? My name is Lucius, Special Envoy for the Republic of Magna Roma.

:: Magna Roma. Because, of course, space Romans were a thing that existed, Aron reminded himself. Not just in the general, but in the very specific. In the flesh, directly before him -- or in the silky typhoon, anyway. ::

Ah, it was the 60s... a different time. I imagine a lot of smoke for some reason during some of those pitches in the TOS writer's room...

"Okay, so the Enterprise encounters Romans... but IN SPACE!"

"Okay, now it's Nazis... but IN SPACE!"

"Okay, so this time they're hippies...but IN- wait, where are you going?"

• Like 4

This seems particularly relevant: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RecycledINSPACE

Though I don't so much think of TOS as recycling in space as in being really uneven with their allusions. New alien species? Cool Roman analogy. "But, guys, know what would be even better? Actual Romans!" *facepalm*

But I am glad you included him, Rich! Of all the possibilities for the Invicta's bridge, that particular diplomat was not one that occurred to me :D

• Like 1
::His stammer caught Quana's attention. She strode over to him, Tristam suddenly feeling quite small, despite hers being shorter than him - her stance made it feel as if she were towering over him. The Rodulan found himself leaning backwards.::

Quana: A defective rook. Hmm.

oO *DEFECTIVE*!? Oo

:D

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Some amazingly hilarious quotes from Ensign Dara!

Dara: I can't predict who Q will send from my past. Worst case I can think of is that we'll run into my mum and all get grounded.
Rahman: I hope there's enough room in that classroom.
oO Did she just unintentionally made a 'yo mama is so fat'-joke? Oo
Dara: We're her to fight exes and bullies and play real life stratego on the moon.
Blueheart: Yeah, we’re off to see the cheerleaders.
Dara: ::mumbeling while rolling his eyes:: Give me a Q. What does that spell? Q!
oO Join starfleet, they said. It'll be fun, they said. No one said I'll relive high school experiences. Oo
  • Like 3

Rahman insights:

::This Quana sounded like she shared Roshanara's approach for dealing with Tristam. That made the first officer warm up to her a little bit.::
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Buhahahahah! You knew this was coming!

::In that moment there was a flash of light, and a now-familiar young woman appeared in the recently-vacated Captain’s chair. She was wearing a short, skirted version of the Starfleet uniform with short sleeves – commonly known as a skant – and knee-high boots, one shapely leg crossed over the other.::
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Core: I need your help snooping around your contact list.

Sanchez: And why is that?

Core: So I can find the guy that has my boss's table. And, in turn, the guy that gave it to them. And also because I know none of the contacts here.

Sanchez: Gee, I dont know, Im awfully busy.

Core: Really?

Sanchez: Maybe if you beg

Hmm, that boy definitely has a type...

• Like 3
Farquan: That’s quite all right, Lieutenant Commander Delano. The Captain and I had a wonderful time. But… we’ve finished already. You may have him, if you like.

::Applauds:: I can tell that Farquan is going to be fun to have around!

• Like 3
::Excessive sarcasm and bad jokes were not an approved form of communication, it seemed.::

I think that Ensign Sienelis isn't the only one who thinks that's a shame!

• Like 3