• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

USS Invicta: Notable Quotables

Moonsong: Well don’t over do it. The last thing you want is the Skyfire stare. It can be a little unnerving, but effective.

Dunross: I’m crazy, not stupid.

This is, I presume, in reference to the DSX episode Quarantined?

• Like 2

"As a warrant, I’m really only expected to know my field and to otherwise be ornery and cantankerous, which I’m very good at." -Ian Dunross

Haha. Right there in the job description.

It is, right under minimum education requirements, ability to lift at least 50 lbs over one's head and passing a physical.

:: He raised an eyebrow so high that he suspected that even Saveron would’ve been impressed. ::

I can just SEE it!

• Like 4
:: There'd been a minute or so of awkward silence in the turbolift. After Egan Manno's insistence that they use her personal transporter to get back to the Garuda--as if she'd wanted to give them the 24th century equivalent of a kick in the pants to get back to the ship immediately to start working, the two officers stood next to one another, both staring ahead blankly with flat expressions as the sounds of deck indicators chimed on the turbolift's ascent. ::

Too bad you can't quote awkward silences...

...or CAN YOU?

Edited by Rich
  • Like 2
::She grinned and looked at her remaining choices for these particular assignment. When her eyes set upon Alora, she remembered the science officer's previous acting experience.::
::At that point, Alora (in her squirrel costume) lifted a paw, curled it into a fist, then tapped it against her head twice while clicking her tongue and repeated it after she sang the last three words again.::
DeVeau: I'm a nut. ::Click click:: I'm a nut, I'm a nut, I'm a nut. ::Click click.::

Hey photoshop monkies, there needs to be a toon.

• Like 1

Rahman: The main point, as you mentioned earlier chief, is to see if you can pick up any tidbits--overhear anything perhaps--that might not be so easily discovered when wearing one's uniform.

Dunross::Sarcastically:: Im better at just about everything when out of uniform.

66150-004-A27B7E90.jpg

• Like 2

Rahman: The main point, as you mentioned earlier chief, is to see if you can pick up any tidbits--overhear anything perhaps--that might not be so easily discovered when wearing one's uniform.

Dunross::Sarcastically:: Im better at just about everything when out of uniform.

66150-004-A27B7E90.jpg

My dirty mind went all the wrong places when I read that. ;)

• Like 1

66150-004-A27B7E90.jpg

My dirty mind went all the wrong places when I read that. ;)

Those words were carefully considered. He may be older, but he'll always be James Bond.

Edited by asiafish

Speaking of dirty, I almost thought you were going to have Raissa passionately kiss the Voice for the transfer given the mention of the Voice's "working lips" and all. Instead...

disgust_707676_1567263.gif

(Ensign King later went to write in his diary.)

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

Speaking of dirty, I almost thought you were going to have Raissa passionately kiss the Voice for the transfer given the mention of the Voice's "working lips" and all. Instead...

(Ensign King later went to write in his diary.)

There are so many responses I can make to that. All of them sick and perverse. As punishment for that gif, I won't share.

::Although outfits for ballroom dancing could vary greatly, Alora preferred those of the more modest design. A high collar wrapped around her neck, leaving her shoulders and most of her back bare. The light green deepened into a darker hue as it cascaded down the skirt while embroidered, violet flowers with silver centers wrapped around the bodice almost like an embroidered sash, coming to a stop at her waist. The skirt was long and fell to her ankles. Long, flowing and sheer material attached to her wrists to cascade down loosely and meld with her skirt.

I had this sudden image of Rich trying to take notes..... I don't know why....

• Like 1

::As the two waited for the turbolift to arrive, the operations chief finally spoke up again.::

Mei’konda: Commander, may I ask a personaal question?

Rahman: As long as you’re ready to accept the consequences.

::She raised her eyebrow with an amused smirk.::

Mei’konda: Thaank you. I was wonderiing…

::He hesitated, trying to find the right words before clearing his throat. Roshanara tried to guess what he was about to ask her.::

::”When was the last time you went on a date?” “Are you and our chief engineer in a relationship?”::

::”Is it an open relationship? ‘Cause Evan and I were thinking about new ways to spice up things… do you have any allergies?”::

Mei’konda: ...The scars.

::Oh. That.::

Mei’konda: Suurely Doctor Skyfiire could do somethiing about it. I was juust wondering if you kept them for a reason… I understaand if you would prefer not to answer.

::Roshanara wondered briefly in amusement if this was how the Caitian broke the ice on all his dates.::

::”You look nice.” “You do, too.” “So… uh, what’s up with your face?”::

::She likewise took a moment to gather her thoughts.::

Rahman: No, it’s all right. I suppose we’ve never talked about it before.

::In fact, outside of their professional relationship, Mei’konda and Roshanara had seldom spent time together, she realized. Maybe tonight would be the first step in changing that. Sure, their “date” was technically while they were on the clock, but at least it was a start.::

Mei’konda: RESPONSE

Rahman: Well, as I’m sure you’re very aware, plasma coolant is a necessary evil in an engine room. Nine years ago, my arm and half of my face were left eaten away by the nasty substance.

Rahman: What the doctors were able to reconstruct afterward was impressive enough I suppose. I’m told Kriosians are not the most robust species when it comes to trauma. So this is what they were able to do in the immediate aftermath.

Rahman: At the time, they said eventually further dermal regeneration and cosmetic surgery could be attempted later in my rehabilitation, but as I returned to my working life, first at the Daystrom Institute and then back onto a starship, it just seemed less and less important.

::But that wasn’t the whole truth. It wasn't just about forgoing a sense of vanity. If children were startled or even frightened by her appearance at times, her adult colleagues and strangers tended to return pity. She abhorred the latter.::

::She’d made her choices, and her scars were marks of record, earned through blood, sweat, and tears just like her set of service ribbons.::

::Which wasn’t to say she had gotten over her self-consciousness about them completely.

::She decided though the courageous Caitian had earned a little moment to feel the heat with his brave question. She suddenly furrowed her brow, giving him a stern look usually reserved for the cadets she tested at the academy.::

Rahman: Why? Would you prefer I “do something” about them, commander?

::She enjoyed watched him figure out how to handle that for a moment before the turbolift arrived with a chime and the doors slid open. She stepped inside before turning around and finally breaking into a smile.::

Rahman: Come on. Get inside before I take a razor and “do something” about all that fur.

That whole section just made me laugh and laugh and laugh!

• Like 2