• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

USS Invicta: Notable Quotables

I wanted to recognize this great line of dialogue earlier this month from Dr. Hawkeye:

SD 239002.09: "Superior Decisions"

This, specific strand of the virus DNA -- it should not happen. It is a twist in the double helix; it might happen once in a thousand trillions of DNA strands, but it is in every piece we have found. It does not occur naturally in nature; it is clearly artificial. To create this much necessary work does not require evolution -- it requires _ego_.

• Like 2

This response cracked me up:

Wulfantine: I don't know Sir, but we're dead in the sky.
Kells: This I can feel. And don't call me "sir."
Wulfantine: Sorry Captain.

It was exactly what I hoped for! We can just call Kells "the Aron formerly known as captain."

• Like 3

More fun lines...

MORGUL: I do hope we haven't invited a band of pirates on board.
CRUX: They're StarFleet.
MORGUL: Odd leave.
CRUX: Intel. ::he wrinkled his nose.:: Best play along.
MORGUL: So it's not a sex thing?
CRUX: Don't think so. ::beat:: Could be.

Odd leave indeed.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
::With that, Isaac tipped back the flask and took a long draw. The second swallow was half way down his throat before he felt the burn. Isaac lowered the flask and tightened his lips to avoid sputtering all over himself, which quite effectively cleared his sinus cavity as his coughs escaped through his nose. When he could breath again, he looked at Walker grinning across from him.::
Bale: I take it back. ::handing back the flask:: I've tried to catch up on the reports since rejoining the Mercury. I read one in particular that mentioned
quite a bit of damage to Quark's on Deep Space 9, and more than a few ruffled feathers with DS9 security. I believe you and Lt. Reed were both there.

I remember that! Reed, Walker and Deven Zell were at the bar when a fight broke out. I think Reed collapsed afterwards and ended up in Lt. Ba'Eli's care. I don't really remember if Walker was in the fighting or not, though. But I do remember that the two were drunk after Reed suggested . . .

Bale: Chief, have you ever heard of a drink called 'The Widowmaker'?

I rest my case. whistling.gif

• Like 1
::With that, Isaac tipped back the flask and took a long draw. The second swallow was half way down his throat before he felt the burn. Isaac lowered the flask and tightened his lips to avoid sputtering all over himself, which quite effectively cleared his sinus cavity as his coughs escaped through his nose. When he could breath again, he looked at Walker grinning across from him.::

Bale: I take it back. ::handing back the flask:: I've tried to catch up on the reports since rejoining the Mercury. I read one in particular that mentioned

quite a bit of damage to Quark's on Deep Space 9, and more than a few ruffled feathers with DS9 security. I believe you and Lt. Reed were both there.

I remember that! Reed, Walker and Deven Zell were at the bar when a fight broke out. I think Reed collapsed afterwards and ended up in Lt. Ba'Eli's care. I don't really remember if Walker was in the fighting or not, though. But I do remember that the two were drunk after Reed suggested . . .

>Bale: Chief, have you ever heard of a drink called 'The Widowmaker'?

I rest my case. whistling.gif

Sky SHOULD remember...she started it........

Sky SHOULD remember...she started it........

Well . . . really . . . I think that fight was started as part of the send-off for the Ronin . . . actually I don't really remember the details of what happened behind the scenes there, but still. It was a good bar fight. cool.png

Edited by Deliera
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found the mental image of the 24th century equivalent of the coin behind the ear trick--sorry, illusion--rather humorous, although I wonder if it'd be more horrifying in practice if it was liquid latinum that came out during such a performance.

Capts. Kells & Kvitova: Specter, SD 239004.15

"With the air of a magician revealing that the strip of latinum had been in her nose all along, Kvitova activated her portable monitor and showed the class M moon of the third Jovian planet of Omicron Geminorum, some 5 light years distant."

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

Right? But one of my favorite things about the Trek shows was the way they'd update colloquialisms for the 24th century, so I like doing it, too, whenever possible!

• 4 weeks later...
REYNOLDS: Is anyone hurt?
HAWKEYE: I'm a doctor.

FLAGGON: A doctor without his kit. How comforting.

Not the best first impression so far, I gather.

The ever imperturbable Dr. Hawkeye:

Dr. Hawkeye: There are four peeps! (SD 239006.03)

KORTA: :: Pulling off his belt buckle. :: Would this work as a mirror to reflect the beams?

HAWKEYE: Please, keep your pants on.

• Like 1

We're on a roll this mission with the one-liners:

Lt. Nic del Vedova: Volunteerism (SD 239006.09)

Herodion: Well I might not know much about biology or engineering, but one thing I do know is phasers.

Del Vedova: Commander, with all due respect, we're supposed to capture a spider, not barbeque it.

It probably doesn't help that I'm hungry...

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
HAWKEYE: You are dismissed to your quarters, Lieutenant. ::He nodded to the Vulcan.:: And as you seem to have taken care of our primary patient. I have some bacterial cultures to attend to. A line of bacteria that, it would seem, can allegedly be traced back to nineteenth century Earth.

HAWKEYE: I believe it is called 'sourdough'.

Made me laugh. I was fully expecting some strange disease.

Honey. It's anti-bacterial. ;) Clearly Hawkeye was able to neutralise the toxins however, given that he fed it to his wife!

Captain Kells:

:: She gave him her own version of a pained smile (toothache, he thought), while he tried to widen his own and upgraded from a stomachache to some sort of debilitating mental condition. Maybe it would be easier to try making a frown friendly. ::
Edited by Saveron
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Roshanara Rahman, on waking up after being chewed up and spat out by a volcano:

::When she opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was Del's big dumb face, which could only mean that she had died and gone to Jahannam... or she was back on the Mercury.::
::Turning her head slightly, she saw Dr. Hawkeye's face as well. That made the latter more likely.::
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes, it's the simple things in life...

tumblr_mmna0opc7V1sp3yuio1_400.gif

Edited by Rich
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Telaan: You and every other officer on this station! Now you’ve got two minutes to pack your things and clear out of this lab before I drag you out by your pretty hair! The captain wants this room cleared, and by Hovah she’s going to get it! Consider this your fair warning, you arrogant son of a she-demon! I came into this life covered in someone else’s blood and screaming… I’m not afraid to leave it the same way!

..... Bwahahaha! *gigglesnort*

• Like 1