• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Major Hannibal Parker - Revelations & Invitations

Dizmim ChNilmani

((Earth – Scotland – Castle of Mey – Side Room))

:: The lot of them continued to talk and eat, with each of them taking turns spinning space stories. Each of them had a few stories to tell, although Kamela was at a distinct disadvantage....almost from the time she entered Starfleet, she had been in Intelligence, so her stories were limited...but she did have the story of how she met Hannibal on Starbase 375...which seemed to delight everyone at the table. finally, with their bellies stuffed and lubricated with an array of intoxicating liquors, the two of them bid goodnight to the rest of them and they made their way to the guest quarters, which were situated high above in the castle. The room they were shown to was huge, with it's own fireplace and decorative rugs covering the stone floor. A large window opened out to the sea, and the fireplace crackled as Hannibal stoked the fire. The both of them were stripped out of their dress uniforms, with Hannibal in a pair of shorts and a black exercise shirt, emblazoned with SFMC on the chest, his bare feet making no sound as he moved across the floor. She was dressed in a simple blue camisole, and her feet were also bare, her long, curly blond locks freely flowing down her back. What she had to do next was either going to send her out into the cold, or bind her to him forever...The two sat before the huge window, looking out towards the sea, unseen in the darkness but audible as the waves crashed into the rocks below. They sat in silence for awhile with both of them nursing a cup of coffee. She turned to look at the massive Marine, who knew all along this conversation was coming, and she knew he had steeled himself for it, just as he would have for combat..but this was combat he had never before experienced, a battle not fought with weapons or hand to hand, or mental tactics to gain an advantage over an enemy....this was a battle for his heart, and to win, she had to come at him with everything she had.....::
Allison: Hannibal.....do you love me?
:: The big Marine, still looking out over the water, bit his lip....he knew this day would come, but he had hoped he could hold off on it as long as possible.Kamela was not going to give him a choice now...::
Parker: You know the answer to that question....
Allison: No Hannibal...I don't.....
:: Still maintaining his cool dimeanor, Hannibal spoke again...::
Parker: You know I would do anything in the galaxy for you...
Allison: Anything but say "I love you?"
:: His face, now turned back towards the sea, responded:
Parker: I would kill for you, Kamela. I would risk everything for you if I had to, just to make sure you were safe....
Allison: How long have we done this dance, Hannibal? Four years? Five? All that time, I have known I have loved you. When Hella and I rescued you from that pier, I would have done anything to trade places with you, just so you would not have had to go through that pain. While you were lying in Hellas' cave I prayed that you would live, that you would not leave me that way. I knew then that life without you would not be worth living, and dammit, I wanted to have a life with you...as your wife.....
:: Hannibal turned to her and spoke, his voice tinged with anger..as much as he cared about her, she was still standing into forbidden territory...::
Parker: I...never asked you to love me...I never asked you to care.....
:: Hannibal didn't want to go down this road..she was pushing him hard..too hard.....For the first time in his life, he reined in attacking someone who was attacking him...::
Allison: Well, Hannibal, it's too late for that...so...exactly what am I to you? Someone you can conveniently frak whenever you feel like it?
Is that it? I'm just like all the others you have slept with through the years? I am the same as Maya Gemini? Sky Blake? Hanna Martinez? Is that all I am to you?
:: Hannibal had made no secret over the years of his many lovers he had, and her throwing out the names of some of them was going against the rules they had set so long ago. .especially since he didn't know how she knew about Chief Martinez since they had never talked about her....his father often said a woman knows, and over the years, his advice had been true....buthis anger continued to build as Kamela bore in..::
:: Kamela knew the anger was building within him, an anger towards her that she had never seen...but she had to press on...::
Parker:: tight lipped:: Kamela....you are nothing like any of those other women. You mean more to me than that....
Allison: pressing the point:: Do I? Really? Hannibal...you are the only man I have ever met that says what he means, then does it, no matter the consequences, no matter the risk. Enemies fear you. Marines respect you. Tell me, Hannibal, why does the great warrior who can walk through the Great Hall on Qo' noS and have the respect of Chancellor Martok and be a member of his House be afraid of three little words? He would laugh at you......
:: Kamela knew she had crossed the line as Hannibal got up, the fire clearly visible in his eyes. Her blood ran cold, as she had seen the look in his eyes before. She knew he would never lay a hand on her, but he could do something far worse to her...abandon her..and she had no place to go.....Instead, he angrily turned and flung his coffee mug into the fireplace, the shards falling into the fire.... The room was deathly silent, as the fate of their relationship hung on a wire. Tears rimmed her eyes as she watched him in the firelight, his gaze only for the fireplace.When he turned back towards her, he stood in front of the fireplace, his face not completely visible. She knew in that moment, she had given her all, and now she was completely vulnerable, like a ship with its shields down in the sights of a powerful enemy. If Hannibal attacked her now, he would destroy her, but her love for him made her take that chance....When Hannibal spoke, his voice was low...even.....
Parker: You want to know why I don't say those words, Kamela? I will tell you why. Everyone with one exception I have told that to is DEAD! My father...my mother...my uncle...all gone! My sister I have not told her that since the Dominion War, but she accepts that. Why can't you? [...] it all! You know that I do! And this marriage thing? Kamela...our enemies are still out there. We both have prices on our heads....
Allison: And you think by marrying me that is going to change? Hannibal...together we are stronger than we are apart. Let them come,Ty....
:: Hannibal was furious with her, and in the firelight, he could see her eyes rimmed with tears...at that moment, he saw Kamela not as the trained killer and Intelligence operative she was. Now, she was a woman who risked his wrath to tell him how she felt...and where she wanted him to truly fit into his life.Slowly, as she approached him, his anger began to melt away, and for the first time in his life, he was vulnerable to another human being....
:: She walked slowly over to him, and placed a hand on his massive chest, right over his heart...::
Parker:: softly:: I do not want to lose you......I ....am......
:: She had him. She had done what no enemy could have done. She had his heart....the only [...] in his formidable armor was the woman who now stood before him. How ironic, he thought...they were in a castle, a very worthy fortress, and the only way to take a fortress like this without heavy losses was from the inside out...just as she had done...::
Allison: Yes,Ty?
Parker: I am not easy to get along with.....
Allison: I know.......
Parker: I drink..I fight...I smoke cigars.......
Allison: I know...and as long as you don't dally with any of those women you dance with....
Parker: I haven't.....
Allison:: Just setting the ground rules....
Parker: And you know I will still take on any mission and any enemy......
Allison: And you know I will as well....
Parker: This will not be easy for you...
Allison: Are you proposing to me Hannibal?
:: Hannibal was now holding her close, the fire gone from his eyes, replaced by something else...love...::
Parker: It would seem so.....
Allison: [...]ing her head slightly:: Hannibal.....
:: He held her even more tightly, then lightly kissed her lips.....::
Parker: There is no other woman who is worthy to stand by my side. You have seen me at my worst..and perhaps...it is time for you to see me at my best...I ...love you, Kamela.::beat:: And I have for a long time......
:: For the first time in a great while, Kamela felt she could breathe. She had risked it all confronting Hannibal, and now she was silently thanking God he felt the same way about her. She felt his hands come up and deftly move the straps of her camisole down her shoulders, until it was lying on the floor.She kissed him, hungrily, as he picked her up and put her on the bed..::
Allison: So...are we consumating the engagement?
Parker:: smiling:: I have not heard you say yes to the......engagement.....or marriage.....
:: Now Hannibal was playing coy...::
Allison:: also smiling:: Yes.... to both.....now shut up and ravage me....
post by
Major Hannibal Tiberious Parker
2ndOfficer/Marine Commander/Chief Of Strategic Operations
Embassy, Duronis II

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.