• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

James Deklin

Who do you speak with to gain access to creating in the Wiki?

I was looking to post my biography on the wiki and was curious if anybody is available to help?

When you are in your training class you will receive a tutorial for your basic bio. Upon graduation you will be sent information for access to the wiki.

I was looking to post my biography on the wiki and was curious if anybody is available to help?

I'd wait until you get posted before you start to work on your wikipage (and if you already are, that's great, and welcome to the fleet!).

There is usually someone on your posting that will create a character page for you on the wiki. Almost always will there be a wiki-savy crew member on the ship/station that'll help you out (and whom you can email to help you out when you have the occasional "argument" with the wiki if you haven't used wikipedia - or any other wiki-based websites - before).

On some postings, someone on the ship's crew will add your character bio (of which you would have submitted to the training list) to your page for you, and then you can add more as you go - or scrap it/do whatever you want to it. Some ships only create your page, and leave all the information open for you to edit (I was good like that, but I never actually got the cadets bio information anyway.... Besides, getting the new writers to add everything in straight away made them get to know their wiki profiles, and thus; didn't have to contact me all the time! And my hard work paid off, for a short time, as almost everybody's pages were up to date. :devil: Unfortunately, my wiki-days are slowing down as there are several other people on my ship that know how to use it and keep the pages up-to-date, so I only ever update my characters pages.)

All in all, never be afraid to stick your hand up and ask for help! And always be sure to try and update your profile as your character developes! :D

• Like 1

Thanks, a bit to anxious to get going I suppose...I can understand why they wait for access to ensure you have been posted somewhere, probably saves a lot of confusion for the instructors by doing it all in steps.

• Like 1

Well, as far as I know, your wiki account has now been created. The choice now is to wait until you get a posting or (and unless you've already been posted) create the page yourself! :D If you need any help, just shout out!!

Your account gets created when you graduate and are posted to a ship.

Er, Vess? We already established this.... thumbsup.gif

Oops, my bad. That's what I get for reading the forums after being in the lab for 4 hours straight...

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.