• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

November 2012 Writing Challenge

Tony, aka VAiru

Welcome, my friends, to this special Writing Challenge for the month of November! Please peruse this post with proper prudence, as it contains the guidelines, rules, and other important bits regarding entering your submission, which are a little different than usual for this unique Challenge.

For this month only, we'll be drawing our inspiration from Ongoing Worlds's Way Back When week competition. This Challenge will focus upon character ancestry -- where a particular character or anyone/anything related to him/her has come from. You do not have to write about your primary character!

To participate in the Challenge, please create a new thread. From the "Topic Prefix" selection list, choose "Nov/Dec" -- don't forget to do this, because without it your story won't be considered for this round! You may denote your story as a "Work in Progress," but please do so at the beginning of the story (not in the thread topic), and remember to finish it before the deadline, as any story noted as a work in progress will not be considered.

The deadline for this challenge is November 30th! That means you have just under three weeks to get your entries in, so begin thinking now! All entries in this Challenge will be judged by our panel in the usual way, but entries will also have the option of entry into Ongoing Worlds's contest. If you'd like to also enter there, please check the link above between November 25th and December 1st, as they should have links to their contest submissions. I encourage you to enter both! Last time we participated in a joint contest, our winner (Alleran Tan) came in second in their contest.

As always, please remember:

*Your work must be completely original.

*You must be the sole author of the work.

*Your story must take place in the Star Trek universe, but may not center upon canon characters.

*Sign your final draft as you would a post on your ship.

*Your story must be between 300 and 3000 words.

As of today, Saturday, November 3rd, this Challenge is open! The very last day to enter is Monday, November 30th, so get in your entry before then!

For any questions you might have, remember that you can always visit the Writing Challenge website.

Good luck!

• Like 1

This sounds amazingly fun! I really didn't think about Verana's heritage for the most part (Largely because Deltan history is sparse) though I have an NPC I've been tossing around for a week...

Many, many options, great challenge!

• 3 weeks later...

The November Challenge is now closed! The judges will deliberate over the next week, and we'll have a winner to announce by next weekend. In the mean time, take a look at the December Challenge!

Edited by Aron Kells

Congratulations, Marissa! Wonderful job and well deserved!

I hope to have our reviews and winners out in the next 24 hours or so. Thanks for sticking with us, everyone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.