• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

J(o)ust for the Princess

Vitor S. Silveira

The afternoon sun was starting to dim...

The grounds on the tournament were now ruffled and damp in some places. Since mid day when it started it had been stepped on by more man and horses then it should.

Most of the crowed were gathered around the fence, and only those of high position had seated places on the bench. But the smelly and harsh air from the place did not bide itself with social distinction and was sensed by both nobles and serfs, knights and stable boys, princesses and... ladies with the oldest profession in the world.

The sixth joust was about to begin. The final contenders were praised by their Ceremony Butlers, who started their own joust of mockery and deeds as they rose their voices to the crowd, but always giving more attention to those seated.

The first contender mounted his horse. A dark stallion that made a high contrast with the dirty white colors of its rider.

His spear was painted in white and red, the shield had a red eagle with opened wings, but it was like a child painted it. The beak had teeth and one of the wings was bigger then the other. The armor plate was dented and worn out, and in some places lost the white color. The helmet only had half the plumes.

Vitor was tired. Although the holodeck safeties were on, and even if he did cheated by assuring he would win against all opponents, fighting with the previous five knights was not easy. Only one conceded defeat after the joust itself. He had to finish fighting with the others on the ground.

His muscles were soar, his legs hurt, and that hit he got on the ribs in the third fight was starting to bother him and he was having trouble raising his shield higher. Still as he had done before he waved to the crowed all around and mounted his horse.

His dented unpainted armor, simple helmet and spears were in sharp contrast with his shield.

Although it was damaged and dented it had started perfectly painted. It had the Starfleet command insignia in silver over a gold background.

As they rode to their starting positions, passing by the seated nobles each turned their spears to their chosen Ladies.

Behind his helmet Vitor couldn't suppress a laugh as he turned again the tip of his spear to Violet.

She was the most out of place person. Her clothes were the cleanest of those around her, and she had her hand in front of her face most of the tournament. Her expression was something between disgusted and sick. But as before she tied another one of her cloth ribbons onto Vitor's spear.

The knights passed by one another and nodded in respect. They got to their positions and were given their shields.

As the trumpets started and the signaler went to the middle of the ground Vitor readied himself and in a few seconds rode, with the spear aimed at his rivals shield. The pain on his ribs was making it harder to lift the shield, so he just leaned forward to try and make himself smaller.

The clash of the spears against shield and armor echoed in Vitor's helmet. He felt the impact on the

upper corner of the shield and lowered his head the opposite way fighting to stay on top of the horse.

In what felt like minutes the seconds when he dropped the spear and lowered his shield he tried to maintain the grip, but the pain and the balance of the hit and the motion of the horse was turning him to the left side. Getting his foots from the stirrup, he let himself fall, and heard the scream of Violet.

"Computer end program... NOW..."

The fall ended up being smaller the he thought, but the weight of the armor still payed its due.

Vitor let himself stay down for a moment, but Violet had other ideas.

"YOU BLOODY FOOL, ARE YOU CRAZY?"

She was shouting and screaming at his side. Vitor took his helmet off still on the holodeck floor. with a tiresome look he shouted back.

"I AM FINE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERN."

Violet was blushing from anger, she tossed her hair piece to Vitor.

"You are completly out of your mind... I should have left hours ago..."

Vitor rose himself from the floor and faced Violet.

"OK... What's wrong? I told you I had the perfect program. You were treated like a princess..."

"Princess... In this filthy place? With everyone sweating and the horses... doing there things on the ground... And people being cut open and... What the..."

Vitor opened his arms.

"Are you kidding me? I got you into the most realistic simulation of a medieval tournament, just for you. I am hurt all over and finding muscles I did not knew I had... And you complain about the smell? No... You must be kidding me..." He turned his back to her and went after his shield.

"Oh no... Don't use your blame games with me Vitor" Violet went after him and turned him around. "You told me we would be enjoying a nice romantic date..."

With a smile Vitor interrupted her "Yes. But it looks like you don't like my idea of romance.

Lets just finish this, your not worth the trouble."

Violet slapped Vitor.

"You..." She turned and left the holodeck.

Vitor dropped the shield and sat down.

"Too bad... She looked good with that cleavage..."

-

Ens. Vitor S. Silveira

Tactical Officer

Starbase 118 Ops

Edited by Vitor S. Silveira
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.