• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

September / October 2012 Writing Challenge

Tony, aka VAiru

Welcome back, my friends, to another Writing Challenge! This regular Challenge follows our special events in July and August, so if you placed yourself in the mindset of the monthlong affair, be sure to read this extra carefully for a restatement of the regular rules.

Kristen, the writer behind Velana and the winner of the August round, has selected this Challenge's topic,

"Isn't it Romantic?"

How will you interpret the theme? Perhaps you read it literally? Ironically? Humorously? Whatever your take, I look forward to reading your entry!

To participate in the challenge, please create a new thread. From the "Topic Prefix" selection list, choose "Sep/Oct" -- don't forget to do this, because without it your story won't be considered for this round! You may denote your story as a "Work in Progress," but please do so at the beginning of the story (not in the thread topic), and remember to finish it before the deadline, as any story noted as a work in progress will not be considered.

As always, please remember:

*Your work must be completely original.

*You must be the sole author of the work.

*Your story must take place in the Star Trek universe, but may not center upon canon characters.

*Sign your final draft as you would a post on your ship.

*Your story must be between 300 and 3000 words.

As of today, Tuesday, September 4th, this Challenge is open! The very last day to enter is Friday, October 26th, so get in your entry before then!

For any questions you might have, remember that you can always visit the Writing Challenge website.

Good luck!

Everyone's been in love at one time or another. The only exception to this is Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

topics,..

Romantic premonitions?

How does love change us?

or how about a Helen of Troy-ish thing?

a Civilization in love with,.. itself,? and is looking at itself for answers.

or a glass slipper event like?

isn't it a mad romantic who is obsessed with a long lost love.(if I do enter, I will most likely have this as my topic of choice.)

It is time you do so..let's make a deal...you write one, and I'll write one....I have a couple of ideas...Parker is still a rock, but I do have an idea....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You just squeaked in, Chris!

And now, I must announce that this Challenge is officially closed. The judges have convened, and we hope to announce a winner by Halloween!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.