• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt Brek - Alice

Kali Nicholotti

((SB118 - Brek's Quarters))

::Brek stood in front of his replicator, wondering what to have for breakfast. He had hoped that by putting his uniform on, he would feel `normal' again, but his appetite remained elusive. ::

oO I ate so much last night... maybe I should stick to diet food today. What about the white thing that's supposed to be good for the microorganisms in the gut, but that looks like fresh guano? How do Human call it? Oo

::He ordered yogurt from the replicator and was sniffing suspiciously at it when there was not only a beep at the door, but also an insistent knock. The day was beginning in earnest, it seemed::

Brek: Come in.

::Dakarai appeared, in disarray and looking altogether different this morning. The black man examined the living area, which made Brek feel self conscious. These days it was looking more and more like a stockroom, although he preferred to think of it as a refined cabinet of curiosities, crammed with rare treasures.::

Brek: ::Delaying the moment where he would have to sample the yogurt.:: You are growing a beard, ensign?

Dakarai: ::Touching his chin.:: Oh that, yes. My girlfriend likes it this way. When did you come back last night? ::When it became obvious that Brek wasn't going to answer, he went on: :: It has nothing to do with being intrusive Lt, it's just that Alice escaped during the night. The Acamarian Ambassador says someone must have opened her vivarium, allowing the spider to roam free. She is a rare breed apparently, black and red in colour. There will be trouble if something happens to her.

Brek: ::Taking a spoonful of his `medicine' so as to look blasé.:: This spider... is it a dangerous species?

Dakarai: Mildly. But I have been assured that we have all the antivenom we could need, if she ever bites. She has been described as being er... docile. ::His eyes darting everywhere.:: I take it you have not seen anything with eight legs recently?

Brek: Nope. Four legs is the most I have encountered. Are these Acamarians insane? From this day, I don't want to see anymore dangerous creatures in the Embassies. This is a diplomatic building, not a zoo!

Dakarai: Alice is a pet, it's different. She is, quoting the Ambassador, `cherished'.

Brek: Nonsense! Do you think that if VIPs have a Nelephant for a pet they would be allowed to travel with it?!

Dakarai: An Elephant.

Brek: That's what I said.

Dakarai: ::Suddenly motionless.:: Oh Mon Dieu! She is is here, over there, on your glassware! I hate araignées... er .... spiders! Anytime I see one, I want to step on it!

Brek: ::Walking towards his display of fifth century Vulcan glasswork.:: It's not difficult to push your panic button, is it, Dakarai? How can someone as tall as you are, be afraid of such a small critter?

Dakarai: ::With a shriek.:: Small? It's as big as my hand! ::He opened his right mitt for comparison.::

Brek: ::Now but a few centimeters away from the bug.:: Don't shout, you are going to scare it.

::He took a large tray on the shelf behind it, and trapped the spider under it. Due to the intricacies of the glass work, Alice looked even bigger now, or as Brek was thinking, more succulent.::

Brek: You had better tell the Acamarian Ambassador to fetch his pet right way. Spiders are a delicacy on Ferenginar. I don't know how long I'll be able to resist a snack.

::Dakarai looked at him with alarm and rushed away, apparently convinced that his chief would eat something that had a name. Amused by this concept, Brek sat down in front of Alice and finished his unsavory breakfast.::

----------------------------------

Lt Brek

Chief Diplomatic Officer

SB118/USS Victory

With Ensign J.B. Dakarai, Diplomatic Aide

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.