• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jalen Vesole (RS)

How Are Cadets Chosen by Command? A Conundrum?

I have noticed in looking at the rosters for all the active fleet associated with SB118, that if there are a new crop of Ensigns say even once a month or so (or MORE)... there just don't seem to be enough openings for new SIM characters on ships, in Embassies or Star bases. Do NPCs get replaced or established PNPC's with the new SIM Ensigns?

Also, how ARE we freshly harvested cadets-now-ensigns assigned? Do the Commanding officers see our SIMS and character bios and fight over us (picturing the classic playground selection process *rolls eyes*). We are supposed to say what or majors/minors were and interests, but there are no STATs..no hard quantifiable rankings of skills. How do you decide between two Engineers, both human, aged early 20's? See what I mean?

Is it all about the SIM?

I thought cadets were placed by primary/secondary post desired,how busy or available sim frequently. Do they want a slow,medium or fast sim frequently ship. Sometimes ensigns wash out within a month because of various variables, mainly real life school,work et cetera.

We have a Fleet Placement Officer who uses your Placement Questionnaire, which you will fill out towards the end of your training class, to place you on the ship that most closely meets your stated wishes. There is a method to the madness; just hang on and you'll see. =)

Edited by KNicholotti

BWAHAHA, madness I tell ya', ;-) jk The system works.

It does, and it has for many moons. :D

Are we supposed to receive any response to our introduction of our characters? I did that day before yesterday, but I haven't heard anything. Will that all become clear whenever training starts? Thanks,

Are we supposed to receive any response to our introduction of our characters? I did that day before yesterday, but I haven't heard anything. Will that all become clear whenever training starts? Thanks,

Well, that originally was the intention, but that tradition didn't ever seem to take off, so it's just a chance for you to introduce your character, as opposed to role-play ;)

As others have said, next group starts Monday afternoon, so until then, you can read the Cadets are of the website, check out the wiki, get involved in conversations here on the forums, read the past Writing Challenge and Top Sims submissions...

I'm kind of biased. I would rather be on a ships who's primary role is exploration. That's just the trekie fan in me. I think being an officer on a starbase would be almost more challenging for someone not comfortable with simming. I look forward to the challenge either way. I imagine that some people get wrapped around an idea of where and what they want to being doing, just trust the system. The staff here are amazing and will definitely get you where you'll have the most fun.

• Like 1

From what I remember being assigned, there was a spot for you to add comments. I would recommend leting them place you, but you can probably add that as a request. Even if you do not get a ship you would have wanted, you will still have a blast.

We generally ask that folks only include a request if it's to sim with someone they already know, who they joined to sim with.

Otherwise, please let our process work -- generally folks are happy with their placement, and we're happy to move you after a couple weeks if things aren't working out.