• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jalen Vesole (RS)

Cadet Class2 Under Command of Lt. Comm Townson: Invite

(OOC): A communique in each Cadet's Inbox

Fellow Cadets,

After what has been undoubtedly an exciting learning experience as well as an event more stressful than shopping for wigs with The Borg Queen, we the Cadets of Class 2 this cycle are going to need some serious down time. I know we all have early commitments, so I speak not of quantity in terms of a gathering, but of quality.

Today we have naturally discovered strenghs and weaknesses about ourselves and have likely made (for good, ill or indifferent) observations about one another.

My experience with Star Fleet is limited. I have a cousin stationed on Earth, but am no "Fleet Rat". BUT I do know what helps to make a good team; which, despite some natural and to-be-expected competitive streaks amongnst us...is what we ARE. The better our teamwork, the better WE perform and the more likely we are to procure assignments we desire. Nothing but nothing promotes getting to know one another and comaradarie after having our minds and bodies beaten while having a drink together and watching others beat each other. Believe me on this.

Exactly 2 hours after our mission and other coursework is done, please meet me and your fellow cadets at the Bat'leth. It is a "quaint" little club just beneath the Promenade (deck 1068) in a area called, "The Dungeon". The first round is on me. Literally if I pay, figuratively if I get too close to the battling and battered bodies!

Set tricorders for sensing lame Betazoid humor. I know what you are thinking, isnt this place dangerous? Wont I sully my reputation by going to the Dungeon? My answer to both is this: The most dangerous thing we as Cadets face is being timid. We will NEVER get another chance to experience the "newness" of any experiences we can have AS Cadets. Most of us will soon be Ensigns, closing the Ca det chapter of our lives with the certainty of a commandment issued by the Prophets of Bajor (who I greatly respect). Plus, as I said, I want to meet and know you all, and wish that you meet and know me. Chances are we will cross paths throughout our careers....why lose the opportunity?!

Finally to engender confidence let me tell you some things right off the deflector dish. One, I am a Betazoid, and am a reader with some prowess. Two, I will TRY my very best never to read you without permission. Especially during training. It appalls me greatly. Three, I believe in 100% honesty in matters both personal and professional. Unless given a direct order to the contrary, I will NEVER lie to you. Your belief in me and mine in you will be the single most factor that predicts our success over the next two weeks and as actors in Star Fleet.

Who is joining me?

Cadet Jalen Vesole.

• Like 1