• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Deep Space Nine

Jose Habag

Which Season of DS9 is the best?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Season of DS9 is the best?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • Season 7
    • None of them

I would say start with the second season. Although the first season gets the ball rolling in terms of the storyline, the second season is where the seedlings of the DS9 story arc are firmly planted. The second season opens with the 3 parter involving the Bajorans and the Circle. The second season also delves into the Mirror universe for the first time in this series. It also has the two parter with the Maquis. And finally the Dominion are introduced and mentioned several times in this season and then at last they show up in the finale (which I have watched 3 times since I bought this set.)

If I were you, I`d start with series 1 and work my way through in order because you`re bound to watch them all eventually.

If I were you, I`d start with series 1 and work my way through in order because you`re bound to watch them all eventually.

**nods** you are right, I will be buying them all, sooner or later. Yet, with the debt I'm carrying from being unemployed for seven months I don't see it happening any time soon :) I just thought I would start with the better episodes. Is the series hard to follow if you start in the middle?

I would also recomend that you do not start any further into the series then season two. Otherwise you miss a lot of character development. I just finished watching the last episode of season three. I already have season four reserved. I can't wait. I know DS9 has it's detractors but apart from TNG, it's the best ST series out there in my opinion.

I still have to say start with season one. There's alot of development of personal stuffg there... motivations, you understand why stuf is as it is. Why does Sisko call Dax (a woman) Old Man? Why is the station way away from Bajor? Stuff like that...

So hard to exactly say WHICH is best. Cardi appeared in all seasons so I was just a really happy bunny.

I`ll say start with One and go from there, otherwise you won`t really have a clue who is who and what makes the different characters tick.

A.

• 1 month later...

Don't do it like I did - watch Season 1, miss most of 2 and 3, pick up at 4, then wonder who on Earth the Prophets are, why Cardassia and Bajor have a peace treaty, what happened to Vedek Bareil and why Jadzia Dax is missing the oval clasp that holds her ponytail.

• 1 month later...

Don't get me wrong, I like them all, but season four was the best. My fovorite episodes was the Klingon envasion of DS9. That was great. I think that was end of four and beginning of five.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about you Idril, but around here UPN has stopped showing DS9 :(

I would suggest if you have the money, you'd buy the DVDs...

No commercials, ready when you need them! :)

Yeah, I am a little dissapointed by how expensive they are as well. I feel like they're really trying to squeeze as much money out of them as they can -- which seems unnecessary. When you consider that they have all of TOS on DVD, all of TNG currently on DVD, and plan to have all of DS9, VOY, and probably ENT on DVD, it seems like it would be better to lower the price and have people buy more, than have a high price and have people buy less.

It'll cost someone $3,000+ to buy all TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY! Excessive, really!

Especially when you consider that most shows sell their DVD seasons at around $50.

I would cry Boycott...but know that I would soon break it. Yes, I do agree with you though Admiral...they should lower it a tad and have more people buy it which would mean more money for them in the long run.

Most of the time I can get them for about $65 dollars at the local Comic Book and Music exchange, but still that is a lot.

Actually I am just a Scrooge.