• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

2012 Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

• 2 months later...

I've just noticed that a lot of thje Top Sims previous entries seem to have been moved to the Writing Challenges Hall of Fame by mistake. Perhaps one of our omnipotent overlords could move them to the correct Hall of Fame?

I've just noticed that a lot of thje Top Sims previous entries seem to have been moved to the Writing Challenges Hall of Fame by mistake. Perhaps one of our omnipotent overlords could move them to the correct Hall of Fame?

Fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
Any news about the voting and start of next round?

As some of you may know, Captain Tallis Rhul has resigned from the fleet. As such, we've had to find a new facilitator for this team. We have a volunteer, and we're just ironing out some details at the moment.

The judging should occur, and the next round should start, on schedule if all goes according to plan :)

Any news about the voting and start of next round?

As some of you may know, Captain Tallis Rhul has resigned from the fleet. As such, we've had to find a new facilitator for this team. We have a volunteer, and we're just ironing out some details at the moment.

The judging should occur, and the next round should start, on schedule if all goes according to plan smile.png

And I feel like facepalming myself for asking wrong question, again!

I need schedule and it is what I'm looking for.

And I feel like facepalming myself for asking wrong question, again!

I need schedule and it is what I'm looking for.

I think you might be in the wrong forum, then? This is the Writing Challenges -- only voting is done by the judges :) For the Writing Challenges, the next round will probably be open by around the first week of May.

The Top Sims Contest does voting, though, and the schedule of rounds is here.

I sincerely hope I finally managed to distinguish this two. As The Top Sims Contest has it's schedule - doesn't this one has it, too?

It says for March/April 2012 Writing Challenge:

Beginning Date: Tuesday, March 6th

Ending Date: Saturday, April 22nd

So this one is over and what is interesting is next one, right. So is there schedule for it posted anywhere or are those dates figured for each round from ... some other rule?

I sincerely hope I finally managed to distinguish this two. As The Top Sims Contest has it's schedule - doesn't this one has it, too?

So this one is over and what is interesting is next one, right. So is there schedule for it posted anywhere or are those dates figured for each round from ... some other rule?

Basically it's just every two months, so Jan/Feb, March/Apr, May/Jun, etc. Usually the exact dates for each round are set at the beginning of the round. Mar/Apr is just finishing up and the judges are working to determine the winner. Once the winner is chosen, that winner will select the next round's theme -- so we don't actually have a theme at this very moment. Once the winner chooses the next round's theme, then the facilitator (as of today, that's now Cmdr. Aron Kells, FO of SB118 Ops) will set up the next round and announce the exact open/close dates of each round.

But we don't post the exact dates for each round, as it's mostly determined by the judges finishing up, getting the winner to choose the next theme and so forth - a lot of person-dependent situations that require some flexibility.

Does that answer the question? sorcerer.gif

• Like 1

Basically it's just every two months, so Jan/Feb, March/Apr, May/Jun, etc. Usually the exact dates for each round are set at the beginning of the round. Mar/Apr is just finishing up and the judges are working to determine the winner. Once the winner is chosen, that winner will select the next round's theme -- so we don't actually have a theme at this very moment. Once the winner chooses the next round's theme, then the facilitator (as of today, that's now Cmdr. Aron Kells, FO of SB118 Ops) will set up the next round and announce the exact open/close dates of each round.

But we don't post the exact dates for each round, as it's mostly determined by the judges finishing up, getting the winner to choose the next theme and so forth - a lot of person-dependent situations that require some flexibility.

Does that answer the question? sorcerer.gif

Perfect, incredible, thank you!

• 7 months later...

I am considering to participate in the writing challenge for the first time and would like to make sure that I understand it correct.

The story can be either about one of my characters or an imaginary new character, right?

Yep,

It needs to be set in the Star Trek universe and cannot include canon characters but otherwise you're free to create anything you like. Some people base their stories on their own characters, which has the advantage you 'knowing' them, but if you want to explore something new, such as life on a Romulan colony, then go for it!

Great, thank you :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.