• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Footage from TNG episode banned in the UK

This clip is taken from an episode called 'The High Ground'. The result of this short conversation, and the general theme of the program being centered around insurgency as a means to achieve freedom, led to the BBC and Sky putting a ban on showing the episode. As far as I am aware there was only one other episode of any of the Star Trek incarnations being banned by the BBC. When Sky did show the episode they cut the part about Irish reunification in 2024. In Ireland the showing of the full episode came with a warning describing the content as fictional and aspirational. The complete episode was only shown for the first time on the BBC in September 2007 Sky TV soon followed suit and aired the full uncut episode. This was 17 years after the original air date in the U.S. The full program can now, be seen on a number of satellite channels unedited.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Insurgency shown up in Ireland again (Which is where I am -.-) But there'd be no way that the two states would join again. Now days people just use the division as an excuse to make racial slanders about the British (On my side anyway). Besides that I'm surprised they wouldn't show this over here. If it was gonna happen it will.