• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Future Uniforms

Maz Rodan

• 1 month later...

For that reason I prefer to stay with the First Contact uniforms.

I really didn't like the new uniforms anyway. I thought they looked so tacky and it was very obvious that they were thrown together quickly just to make the future look different. The First Contact uniforms were always my favorite. My biggest gripe with Voyager (my favorite series) is that the Doctor didn't bring the new uniform schematics back with him from his "away mission" to the Alpha Quadrant in "Message in a Bottle" lol.

I just want to add that Star Tek wasn't really consistant with their "future uniforms." Captain LaForge wore our current uniform except with the commbadge from the other alternate futures in a future timeline from Star Trek Voyager: http://www.scifi-mes...e-Uniforms-2387

This took place in 2390, one year from the current UFOP year. Now, those other uniforms, according to memory alpha, were worn in the 2400s, years from now.

Yeah, I liked that little detail they put in the episode:

captgeordi.jpg

Although it was only an alternate future that ultimately didn't happen, as we are now getting closer to 2390, I've decided to begin adopting the new combadge with my character pictures that I create using the STO character creator. I just wish they would let you correctly position the combadges...

My biggest gripe with Voyager (my favorite series) is that the Doctor didn't bring the new uniform schematics back with him from his "away mission" to the Alpha Quadrant in "Message in a Bottle" lol.

Hehe, well apparently one of the real reason (besides of course the show's actual production budget limitations) was that the producers wanted Voyager to have a visually distinct look from whenever they later would show Earth scenes with Admiral Paris, Barclay, and the rest. I suppose a Trek way of explaining it was that Voyager wanted to save on the replicator energy, probably using it instead to replicate replacements for all the shuttles they lost over the years. santa.gif

Edited by Rich (Zhou/Sampi)

:-) heh,unless someone used the computer to learn to sew. Trading to get fabric,and sew it. I like Geordie's uniform.

Now if Voyager is saving replicator energy/mass material,I'm surprised crew didn't wear their civilian clothing to preserve the life of the Starfleet uniforms.

Edited by T'mynn