• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Future Uniforms

Maz Rodan

It struck me the other day that we are now in 2389 IC, which is ten years after the conclusion of ST: Nemesis (set in 2379).

All acknowledgements to timelines in the shows (TNG: All Good Things..., DS9: The Visitor, VOY: Endgame) suggest Starfleet adopts this uniform.

Should we be simming this new uniform too??

post-47-0-41415500-1325442784_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-49333600-1325443255_thumb.jpg

post-47-0-24312000-1325443263_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Because it was easier, easiest or rather cheapest way, uniforms are all the same for everyone on the same show, but it's only logical to me that a Captain may be able to choose uniforms for it's ship. That's one thing I like in STO. Yes, all uniforms look like starfleet uniforms, they all have some distinctive look to them, but there are lot of different versions and options in colors. It's a way to distinguish one crew from another on a big stations.

I like the idea of adopting the future uniforms - it would make sense as it's been depicted in 3 different Trek series already (I like that sense on continuity).

We are in our own little alternate timeline, though, so we have that freedom to do things differently if we wish. But having said that, what actual changes will we have to make? Just a few lines of text here and there. I guess people could alter their character pictures if they like.

My main question as far as uniforms and insignia is this. Isn't it Canon that during TOS each individual ship had it's own unique insignia? The Enterprise has the classic arrow shape we are all familiar with which later became adopted by Starfleet entire. Now my point is that during Star Trek 11 prior to the altering of the timeline, the crew of the Kelvin have the same insignia made famous in TOS isn't this a continuity mistake or just poor research on Abrams part? You the viewer can decide lol

I just want to add that Star Tek wasn't really consistant with their "future uniforms." Captain LaForge wore our current uniform except with the commbadge from the other alternate futures in a future timeline from Star Trek Voyager: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?67687-Star-Trek-Online-Uniforms-2387

This took place in 2390, one year from the current UFOP year. Now, those other uniforms, according to memory alpha, were worn in the 2400s, years from now.

Edited by Alucard Vess
  • Like 1

I'm all for us adopting new informs in our own continuity, and I like the idea of our division colours being more evident... but I really dislike those "canon" future uniforms. They look like pajamas. I quite like these designs from the STO game:

A-01_red.png

A-02_red.png

Jupiter01_red.png

The last one is probably my favourite, since it blends most of the elements I like best about the TNG movie-style uniforms and the Wrath of Khan-era uniforms. But the middle one mas a lot of TOS influence, which I also love.

Those look cool. The last one is my favorite, except I don't like the stripe on the legs.

I'm all for us adopting new informs in our own continuity, and I like the idea of our division colours being more evident... but I really dislike those "canon" future uniforms. They look like pajamas.

You rarely leave the ship anyway -- might as well just wear your pajama uniform! And instead of boots, we'll wear big fuzzy slippers as long as we're not going on an away mission. wolfy.gif

I'm going to get the character creator and play around with it. If we decide to change uniforms we can make up a set of characters we can past our characters faces onto.

Although, I really don't see this as a change, like was said above we're in our own little alternate reality, and we're pretty unique (and awesome) as far as Trek RPGs go, so why shouldn't we have our own version of the uniform?

You rarely leave the ship anyway -- might as well just wear your pajama uniform! And instead of boots, we'll wear big fuzzy slippers as long as we're not going on an away mission. wolfy.gif

Pfft, I' apparently the go-to away team guy, so I'm rarely on the ship! ;) I need a uniform with an integrated sleeping bag and tent.

• Like 1

Pfft, I' apparently the go-to away team guy, so I'm rarely on the ship! ;) I need a uniform with an integrated sleeping bag and tent.

On Embassy we're practically constantly on "away" mission - locals who come to Embassy can't see us in ... OMG ... PJ and slippers!

This last one is really good. My most favorite are Motion Picture

eBgKz.jpg

and early Movies Era Uniforms

yZKan.jpg

Whale call me crazy but that last one reminds me of the first gen Robotech uniforms minus the high collars but I also like the last one the best.

The countdown ones are pretty awesome, but I'm not a giant fan of the jumpsuit. I think returning to a jacket over undershirt and trousers is ideal. Much like the red uniforms of Star Trek II - VI (or many other successful sci-fi series). In that vein, I really enjoy the bottom one that Commander Whale posted, although I agree with Dr Vess that I don't love the pant stripe.

I quite like the future uniforms, takes it back to the TOS days in a way, but I'm not a fan of the com. badge. But I agree with Hutch that it was nice bringing it in to play in all the later series. It kinda does suggest that Starfleet will use that uniform some day.

I also like the options in ST:O for uniforms, but I think there are too many choices.

As for The Motion Picture uniforms, now they were tacky. I think I'd resign my commission if I were forced to wear those!

And count me in for the fuzzy slippers. Standing all day in those boots are killing my feet! laugh.png

I love the idea of something similar to "Wrath of Khan" era uniforms. That would be awesome! :)

• Like 1

I used a variation of the STO uniform for my character's universe of origin uniform. I added things and removed others. I added the stripes on the wrist, which represent rank, and the collar around the neck. I also colored it differently than what is available in STO. I removed rank pips.

http://wiki.starbase...ledtracey1a.JPG

Edited by Tracey

I've always been fond of the DS9 era collars....I love the grey shoulders with the color underneath, but I'm willing to roll with the times!

Ladies, has anyone considered bringing back the original series-style dress and boots combo?;)

• 1 month later...

I like the TWOK uniforms. They're quite comfortable, no movement restriction and they look cool. Only modification I'd make is no stripe on the pants, and use the basic leather military boot with slip resistant sole,and reenforced toes. Don't want to have toes crushed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for us adopting new informs in our own continuity, and I like the idea of our division colours being more evident... but I really dislike those "canon" future uniforms. They look like pajamas. I quite like these designs from the STO game:

A-01_red.png

A-02_red.png

Jupiter01_red.png

The last one is probably my favourite, since it blends most of the elements I like best about the TNG movie-style uniforms and the Wrath of Khan-era uniforms. But the middle one mas a lot of TOS influence, which I also love.

Loving these. Last one is my favorite, as well. Yeah, don't like the stripe either. I'm guessing that by this time, new variations on technology, uniforms, etc., would be very cool. A lot of the technology on the new Star Trek seems more advanced than even on our latest Next Generation movie. New uniforms would be a good start.

I tend to prefer a non sleep wear type of uniform. A two piecec is practical easy to get on. I tend to like the basic military lace up boots. <shrugs> I'm a military brat,what can I say. I like the Wrath of Khan uniforms. :-)

I like the idea of continuity in the future uniforms, but one problem with adopting a uniform that is not seen much in canon is that it will make the making of avatars much more difficult, as it will be difficult to find sufficient screen-shots of the uniforms to paste onto people.

For that reason I prefer to stay with the First Contact uniforms.