• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Star Trek: Online

Maz Rodan

Does anyone else play Star Trek: Online? I bought it last week, and am in danger of becoming quickly addicted!

If you do, what are your thoughts?

I bought a lifetime subscription for $125 CAD last summer with some unlocked material already set up. I was addicted for several weeks, but it faded over time. And as RL became more hectic, I have completely forgotten about it.

As much as I enjoy STO, it is just not as comparable to this group in which I think I will always be addicted. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing though :o

• Like 1

I enjoy it as well. Perhaps we should form a Starbase118 group in the game as well? Maybe recreate some memorable SIMs or events from the archives as playable missions using the Foundry?

I haven't really played much recently because I've been busy in RL, but I'm looking forward to the changes coming for the Free to Play launch. The game has changed a lot since it was released back in early 2010, both visually and gameplay-wise. I think they focused a bit too much on just combat at the beginning, so it's nice to see things like the duty officer system to differentiate STO from other MMOs out there.

I think the RL getting in the way might get me, also. I do enjoy playing it though. Because I came to it quite late I was a little jealous of everyone else marauding the galaxy in their huuuuuge starships, while I plodded behind in my little Miranda class laugh.png

I know what you mean about the combat. I've just finished Klingon War missions and am now starting the Romulan ones, and it's getting a bit too "battle some ships in space then beam to the planet/facility and kill the baddies there." However there are more exploration missions out there,you just have to find them.

There was, at one time, a Starbase 118 fleet inside STO. We did a lot of build up leading to the release of the game, including an interview on hailing frequencies! =) I'm in the same boat as Tracey though; the game simply lost my interest after a few weeks. I think it was more like a few months for me, but I have pretty much forgotten about it.

I'm not sure if there are any left from the original fleet in the game, but it might be worth looking up for those who are interested.

I've never played STO, but I was heavily into WoW, on and off, since the vanilla version. I think there really has to be a big effort to keep the game fresh to keep people involved. WoW does holiday events, releases new content every other year, increases the level cap, and spends a LOT of effort to get people involved in group play like instancing and raiding. Again, haven't played STO, but I don't hear a lot of that type of stuff going on with them.

Well, STO is barely two years old, so it hasn't had much chance to have such things happen - but they're doing a big push to try to get new players by going f2p in January. I personally am a lifer, because when I originally played the game I fell in love immediately LOL :) I don't play as much as I did when I first got it, but I still really enjoy going in and flying around.

It is also a VERY good source for screenshots for Sims - character and ship photos in particular :3

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to getting it f2p, and I'm hooked... I've only had it a couple days and I'm already up to LtCmdr...

• 1 month later...

Anyone play STO? What are your username's? Maybe some fleet action is in order...

I'll try to add you guys tomorrow. Luna, I tried to reply to your OOC the other day about it, and I think an RP Fleet should be in order lol.

• 3 weeks later...

my avatar is from sto but my computer is being rebuilt (again) and only have this work computer to surf with now :( but my handle is piqui.jetseen.., still it has been since feb or jan,,, I think I played one week when it went free but have not played sense :I.... We should design some scenario's from our sims to create new content.

Got it as well, hellswaters in game. Been a while since I play and got up to about level 20. If you want to team up, just pm me or something.

And for anyone that was not aware, STO is free to play, no need to pay. The game does have some limits on what you can or can not do with out paying however it is not as bad as some or you might think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking it would be possible to design starbase 118 into the STO,.? As a spot for people from here to gather?

I Know we can do that as a user scenario in a part of the game but the details would be difficult. It would be almost like reverse engineering going on.

• 10 months later...

Hey everybody,

So I was wondering, do we have a UFoP SB-118 fleet in Star Trek Online? Because if we don't, I think it would be a very good thing to have, as it would allow open up a whole new door for recruitment.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Lindsay

aka

Ensign Vincent Pierce

Intelligence Officer

USS Apollo, NCC-71669

Exactly! we need to design the starbase 118 in sto really, that would be fun ... I could do it -but without help I don't think I could get anywhere with it... of course a Starbase-118 would be the best...

I am willing to do what is necessary to build the starbase 118, now that my desktop can play sto... again... since this morning actually.. I have over a year experience but also a year off from it till today.

just leave your logins here... the set a time onling together

I had to start a new set of characters today due to password problems.. as well..

my ship is the Piqui

my name is Bowrapiquis Lana Jetseen

my short name is Piquis.

my name of the forum there is podlex...

I really would like to see work on the starbase...

of course by approval of the higher ups here at the real base.

I think we should bring this up in chats as well... just to see.

you know we have a podcast regularly here too... :)

I play STO every now and then.

For anyone who plays and wishes to, you can add:

T'Espera@aimsley

or

AidanBlackwood@aimsley

for me if you wish.

Oh by the way, we need to get 5 players together in a team in-game in order to make a fleet, so if 5 people are willing to get on STO at a prearranged time, we can all organize together to get a fleet off the ground :D