• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official Arrival at StarBase 118 - introduce your character here!

Counselor Jamie Sells arrives at starbase 118and his short blonde hair and very bright blue eyes are noticed straight away by the various races at the starbase.

"Time to relax for a while". Counselor Sells sat down in the nearest lounge. He couldn't believe that he had finally made it.

"I can't wait to get out there". His voice filled with excitement and wonder as he thought about everything that could happen in space.

Summary:

Race: Human

Height: 5'11

Appearance: White skinned. Short blonde hair with very bright blue eyes. His eyes seem like they are always angry.

(I wrote my introduction as a guest but i felt like i wanted to do it signed in to my profile. The other "Jamie Sells" is me as a guest)

Edited by Jamie Sells

Guest Olen Zackan "OZ" Daniels

<Starbase 118>

Oz had finally made it to Starbase 118 and had been shown to guest quarters. As he went to enter his temporary quarters a fleet officer walked up to him.

"Doctor Olen Daniels", asked the officer.

Oz turned to look at the man. He was holding a pad in one hand.

"Yeah, I'm Doctor Olen Daniels", Oz replied

The officer handed the pad to Oz. He accepted it looking both curious and puzzled.

"This is for you, an invitation, sir.", the officer stated before being on his way.

An invitation to what? Oz thought to himself as he slid through the doors. He placed his luggage on the floor by the bed. He started examing the pad he had just received.

: To Doctor Daniels,

You've been invited to partake in a cadet training exercise on the holodeck. The location, as well as time, are listed below. :

Looking at the provided information, then though Oz thought why not. Holodeck simulations could be fun. If it also helped the cadets with their training it was a win-win situation in his book. He took care of his luggage, and then cleaned up from his long trip. There was still spare time before the exercise was to begin. He decided the best way to spent it was to see more of the station.

Character Summary

Olen Zackan "OZ" Daniels, PhD

Species: El-Aurian

Eyes: Grey

Hair: Brown

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 240 lbs

Build: Athletic, Muscle

Birthdate: 071895.04 (7/4/1895)

Birthplace: San Francisco. California; Earth

Orientation: Homosexual 

Parents: El-Aurian scientists studying Terrans

Education: Holds Ph.D.'s in Anthropology, Linguistics, and Psychology. True to his species he is a natural at diplomacy, as well as having an eidetic memory.

Oz 1 9.20.2018.jpg

Think of all the xenopsychology papers you could write just from observing people in the commercial district, Lazarus thought as he looked across the vastness of Starbase 118. People of all kinds working, living, eating, and learning together. Tellarites eating plomeek soup. Klingons playing darts. There's even a sign promising a show from "the only Vulcan comedian" at 2100 hours tonight. Lazarus must have looked like a kid in a candy store - eyes darting around, agape at everything around him.

"You never could stay focused, Davis," a gruff, but familiar and friendly voice from behind Davis startled him.

"Professor W'Hetlan! I didn't know you were on Starbase 118. It's good to see you!" Davis extended his hand to the Professor. The professor hesitated a second, but then grasped Davis' hand and gave it a firm shake.

"Yes, well... Field research. Or rather, I'm on my way to some - headed to the Gamma Quadrant. Should be interesting. I'll have two pairs of Binars with me as interpreters. We made first contact with a species that speaks in simple logical expressions, making the Binars well suited to understand it, but the meaning behind the expressions seems to be steeped in metaphor. Hopefully, together, we can figure their language out. Despite having a hard time talking, all of their overtures suggest they are a friendly and welcoming people." The professor's hesitance seemed to dissolve once the conversation was shifted more towards the work and less about interacting with Davis.

"Well, I look forward to reading the reports, Professor. Say, do you care to join me at the replimat? I'm still on Eastern Standard Time, so it's about lunch o'clock as far as my stomach is concerned." 

"Eh, sorry Davis. I need to find my quarters and rest before I depart. Maybe tomorrow?" W'Hetlan, again, seems palpably uncomfortable. 

Did I say something wrong? Lazarus wondered to himself. "I leave at 2000 hours tonight, I'm afraid. Well, good to see you Professor. Best of luck in the Gamma Quadrant."

W'Hetlan nodded and turned to leave, but stopped and looked over his shoulder while pointing at a sign. "Vulcan comic? Now there's something you don't see every day." He then chuckled to himself and headed off, leaving Lazarus to his thoughts.

Lazarus explored Starbase 118 for the 3 or so hours he had before it was time to board the ship. It was wonderful, if not a little lonely among the crowds. He was looking forward to meeting his new crewmates. When the time came, he headed to the airlocks for boarding. Around them were a few viewports for family and friends to watch people embark or disembark. Children, partners, parents, and friends would wait and watch and wave, elated to see their loved ones off or to see them after being away for so long. Lazarus didn't have anyone on the station. That was OK, he had a proper going away party or two before he left Earth. Besides; he was looking forward, not back.

But the sudden jubilation of a man seeing his husband for the first time in months caught Lazarus by surprise and he turned to look back down the gangway from the station to the ship. Standing at one of the viewports was Professor W'Hetlan. They made eye contact, and W'Hetlan smiled and nodded. For W'Hetlan, that was practically an emotional outburst. Lazarus smiled back and nodded before making his way to the ship, trying to casually wipe away a tear welling up in his eyes. It's not that he craved W'Hetlan's approval, it's just that Lazarus knew it was hard to come by, and that meant a lot. It was an unexpected cherry on top of an already tremendous day.

This is the beginning of your great adventure, Lazarus.

Edited by LazarusDavis
  • Like 3

<Starbase 118>

Oz had finally made it to Starbase 118 and had been shown to guest quarters. As he went to enter his temporary quarters a fleet officer walked up to him.

"Doctor Olen Daniels", asked the officer.

Oz turned to look at the man. He was holding a pad in one hand.

"Yeah, I'm Doctor Olen Daniels", Oz replied

The officer handed the pad to Oz. He accepted it looking both curious and puzzled.

"This is for you, an invitation, sir.", the officer stated before being on his way.

An invitation to what? Oz thought to himself as he slid through the doors. He placed his luggage on the floor by the bed. He started examing the pad he had just received.

: To Doctor Daniels,

You've been invited to partake in a cadet training exercise on the holodeck. The location, as well as time, are listed below. :

Looking at the provided information, then though Oz thought why not. Holodeck simulations could be fun. If it also helped the cadets with their training it was a win-win situation in his book. He took care of his luggage, and then cleaned up from his long trip. There was still spare time before the exercise was to begin. He decided the best way to spent it was to see more of the station.

Character Summary

Olen Zackan "OZ" Daniels, PhD

Species: El-Aurian

Eyes: Grey

Hair: Brown

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 240 lbs

Build: Athletic, Muscle

Birthdate: 071895.04 (7/4/1895)

Birthplace: San Francisco. California; Earth

Orientation: Homosexual 

Parents: El-Aurian scientists studying Terrans

Education: Over his 500 lifespan he has earned Ph.D.'s in Anthropology, Archaeology, Linguistics, and Psychology. True to his species he is a natural at diplomacy, as well as having an eidetic memory

Oz 1 9.20.2018.jpg

• Like 3

"Cadet Corliss, reporting for duty!" The Betazoid with bubblegum pink hair saluted...to no one. She sat a table in a busy sector of the terminal, sipping an ice cold milkshake topped with chocolate shavings and caramel. She had on a regular cadet uniform with tall boots, her hair up in a ponytail, her voice chipper and light, her dark black eyes crinkled in delight...before she deflated.

"No no...that's too exciteful?" She mumbled, playing with the straw to her treat, tapping at a PADD with her other hand, a note to her parents that she had made it on time and without any issues.

She swung her legs, sipping a bit before groaning, scrubbing her hands through her hair. "This is so nerve-wracking! Come on orders, come on in!" She stared at her PADD.

The PADD was not swayed.

She sighed, twirling a string of hair around one finger. "Ah, I guess between I and time, only time will win in this battle of wills, neh?" She smiled, pursing her lips a bit, smearing the light lipgloss before popping them. "Mmm, cherry~! Ah, perhaps I should stock up on sweet things before going on board?" Would she have time? If it came in soon, she wouldn't. 

She hummed. "They'll have sweet things on board, I'm sure! But what to do until then..." She pulled up a small simulation to play around with, grinning and taking a sip here and there.

• Like 3

Guest Cadet Jhotta

The station was teeming as usual, but today the multi-hued, motley pandemonium found itself saturated with a fresh wave of upturned faces, scrubbed and optimistic. 

Some gawped in wide-eyed wonder, others marched purposefully, some scurried with roving eyes and minds tumbling inward, preoccupied by whatever internal fires had sparked their current trajectory. Here and there a wizened set of eyes peered from youthful cadet uniform, looking outward and inward at the same time.

Jhotta stretched languorously, yawning without a trace of self-consciousness. More than one patron cast him a bemused side-eye as he gathered himself and his beverage from the perch where he'd been observing the passing river of Starbase flotsam and jetsam, leisurely setting off into the throng. 

He wound his way through the tumult, doing his own fair share of gawping at the scale and frenetic activity, albeit in his own way- mouth closed and eyes only slightly more alert than their usual half-mast. In contrast to the relaxed, almost-slouching manner in which he held himself, long fingers beat a restless, unconscious pattern against the container of whatever Vulcan tea the host had recommended him at the cafe. He could feel a familiar itch, a heat building beneath his skin. It was time to visit the holodeck. Soon. And not for training. 

Still, only a few hours remained, and he'd been advised that the Arboratorium was worth a look if you had any interest in xeno-botony, so he pressed on until he came upon an unassuming entrance off the main causeway. This unique venue doubled as a observation deck to the surrounding star-system, and tripled as an outdoor-style lounge. Paved walkways wound back from the entry-lounge throughout the foliage, beneath a star-scattered dome overhead. 

Jhotta wasn't completely insensitive to the surroundings, but lost no time in disposing of his beverage and setting off down a path towards where his primary interests lay. He'd gone some distance off the walkway and was bending down to better observe the epiphyllous growths on an odd, silver-hued specimen of what appeared to be an Andorian root shrub, when a high, clear voice pierced his concentration.

"The seed blisters of the Phyrillus Ankhim are known to be highly irritating upon contact with the skin if ruptured, which they are prone to do without warning. I wouldn't advise standing so close." 

Jhotta straightened and took in the source of the voice; a petite Vulcan female stood very erect, observing him from the pathway. Her slightly dark, olive complexion and upswept ears and brows mirrored his own, though her expression was far more alert and earnest.

"Thanks for the warning," Jhotta [...]ed his head slightly, hooded eyes taking in the cadet uniform, "Are you in the next wave of training, or have you just completed yours?" 

The woman arched that infamous Vulcan brow at him, nonplussed, "Thanks are unnecessary. It is logical to prevent undue injury to what may prove to be a future crewmate. Not to mention the inconvenience were we to be paired together." She paused, realizing she hadn't answered his query, "I will be engaging in the entry cadet training scheduled two days from now."

Jhotta barely restrained an expression of amusement he doubted the woman would appreciate, "Science track I take it?"

"Tactical actually. Botany is a... personal interest." 

"Too bad, I could've used some healthy competition," Jhotta said very seriously. In more usual tones he added, "Not of course that any track is guaranteed- I might wind up assigned alongside you in tactical, or, if we're both truly unlucky, security."

The woman looked at him strangely, but any response she may have made was interrupted by a sudden hubbub of decidedly un-Vulcan voices, preceding a group of rowdy young ensigns coming around the bend. 

"Ho- T'Priva! What are you doing here!" a young, ruddy-faced human exclaimed in a far-too-loud voice, his little group halting before them. "Come celebrate with us! Guess who just made helm on the Denver?" 

"Congratulations," said T'Priva, rather stiffly- which was saying something for a Vulcan. "I am, however," she glanced at Jhotta, "already occupied." 

Ever quick on the uptake, Jhotta tilted his head, "Indeed, I believe we only have 15 minutes until the nocturnal Rigelian Aberenth begins to unfurl for the evening." 

The lad focussed a wavering eye on Jhotta, then back on T'Priva, "Come on now, there's no logical reason that has to be done tonight- the plants will be here tomorrow."

Running with the prior invitation to interfere, Jhotta followed up laconically, "And there's no reason your celebration logically requires any additional presence this evening either, you seem to be having quite a good time."

"Hey man, ease up, nobody's trying to steal your girl," the ensign's face darkened as he addressed Jhotta, whose only response was to raise an eyebrow. "She's pretty alright for a Vulcan but it's not like that, we just want her to come have a bit of fun with us. I'm not dumb enough to fall into that trap."

T'Priva noted that at some point Jhotta had gone unnaturally still. She weighed the value of interceding, but determined to allow the situation to play out. She of course could not be offended, and had no reason to expect the young cadet would be so illogical as to take offense on her behalf either.

Jhotta pulled an innocent face, which should have been warning enough to anyone with good sense. "To what trap do you refer?" he inquired.

"Come on," the young man laughed, oblivious, joined in by some of his braver friends, "I've got better sense than to mess with someone on that kind of cycle."

Jhotta's face grew more innocent, "Cycle? I don't believe I understand, could you elaborate?"

The kid spit it out, guffawing a bit, "The kind where you go into heat like an animal every few years."

Oh, it was better than Jhotta could have hoped.

A throat cleared, just behind the assembled crowd on the walkway. 

"Ensign Jeffries," a decidedly unamused voice rang out into the sudden silence. Commander Lucia Gomez, of the Denver, stood with arms crossed behind the small party, "A word." She walked off, a woman who knew she'd be followed without question.

The others in the party had already melted away like so much snow in fair weather, and Jeffries shot one last, slightly-panicked, slightly-enraged glance back at Jhotta, catching a full wolfish grin spreading from ear to pointed ear. Jeffries eyed widened and Jhotta could make out flabbergasted sputtering as he himself turned and began walking back along the path he'd come. 

He could feel that tingling fire spreading out, crawling beneath his skin, and it was time to leave, now. But T'Priva did something highly unorthodox as he passed, and set a hand lightly on his sleeve. He paused. 

"Thanks are unnecessary," he remarked.  

She looked slightly affronted, "I was not going to thank you."

"Of course," he said, restraining his amusement again. 

"You are not Vulcan."

Jhotta flashed his teeth in something genuine, but a bit too sharp to be called a smile, "I think you're missing out on that scientist track."

He was about three meters down the path when T'Priva followed up with, "I hope you perform well in your upcoming testing. Cadet..."

"Jhotta." A real, if tired, smile this time, "Good luck to you too."

He made his way to the holodeck before he could find out whether the Starbase bulkheads were sturdier than Rigelian bones.

The turbolift spat Cadet Jona ch'Ranni out into the spacious corridor of the Starbase 118 Promenade. He stumbled as his boot caught the lip of the doorway and he fell to the gray carpeted deck in an undignified heap. A passing Trill offered a kind hand to help him to his feet. He thanked her and it took all of his self-control not to gawk at the variety of sights and sounds that assaulted his senses. Bustling was the word he would use to describe the place. Hundreds of individuals milled along the path which spread out in both directions as far as the cadet's keen eyesight could see. His antennae twitched and swiveled independently, trying to take in the bright colors and constant hum of sounds that permeated the area.

Jona turned to the left and merged into the crowd of people that flowed like a river down the hallway. Jona's light blue skin beaded with sweat as he walked. The heat from the press of people around him warmed him more than was comfortable for an Andorian who was acclimated to the arctic temperature of his home world.

The fresh cadet, all of 24 years old, exited the crowd and found solace in the slightly cooler pub that he entered. It was called Keal's Pub and sported a rustic decor that appealed to Jona. He took a seat on one of the wooden stools at the bar. He nodded to a fellow Andorian, a strikingly beautiful woman, across the room. She inclined her head back to him with a slight smile. Jona was lost in thought as he turned back to the bar and was startled by a man standing in front of him across the countertop.

"You'll have a Samarian Sunset, I suppose?" said the middle-aged man with a smile.

"Yes, that's my favorite drink," replied Jona. "How did you know?"

"Betazoid," answered the man. "Makes my job pretty easy when I know what you want to order before you order it." He slipped the cadet a squat glass with a clear liquid inside. Jona tapped the glass and the drink swirled orange and gold. Just like he liked it.

"Thanks. I appreciate it," said Jonah. "What can you tell me about this place?"

"It's an amazing port," said the dark-eyed man. "There are wonders here that you have never imagined. Yet it's as familiar as home. You'll see. One thing that it's not is ... boring. Never boring." The man's description trailed off as he stared forward as if whole sections of his life were playing out before him.

This man had seen some things - not all of them pleasant but not all bad either. He just had an air of someone who had lived life and survived to tell about it. It reminded Jona that he had not lived much life beyond his youth and the few short years he spent at the Academy. He had spent more time in simulators and sitting in classrooms than actually living life. He was eager to add to his list of experiences, though, and this Starbase was going to be the epicenter of it all.

Jona tugged at the mustard yellow collar of his uniform. It was perfectly tailored to fit his slim body down to the micron but it wasn't a mistake in sizing that caused the nervous habit. His classmates loved to tease him about this - they called it the 'Jona Maneuver' much to his embarrassment.

A chime from his PADD reminded him of his upcoming appointment. He was to report to the Holodeck for training at 0900 hours. Just ten minutes from now. Better to be early than late. He thanked the bartender and downed his drink, setting it down with a plink. The cadet stood and stretched his limbs, loosening his muscles. He pictured his narrow fingers flying across the helm console, banking the starship as disruptor fire zipped past the nose of the ship.

"All hands, brace for evasive maneuvers," he whispered to himself. Yes, he was about to rack up some experience. He was ready for anything.

Edited by Jona ch'Ranni
  • Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.