June 15 is the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Hello all, since my application was approved it looks like it's introduction time.

My name is Bruno Abreu, I am on the other side of the sea from most you, on the lower left corner of Europe, in Portugal.

This will be my first time playing and after some search I found your site. Like with MMOs if I ever was starting on something similar to an RPG it would have to be based on Star Trek.

After checking your site got my attention because of the help you give to someone new.

I work on graphic production for a company that builds museum exhibitions, so I sometimes have spare time while there are stuff in the printers.

To finish I will just say that my oldest TV memory, dating back to 1978, is from Star Trek. It might be considered "the worse fight scene ever" but for a four year old that fight between Kirk and the Gorn captain was memorable.

Edit: Yes, my spelling is as good as my Klingon, I think I have correct all the typos now.

Edited by Abreu

Hello, my name is Louise. I live in the UK. I am currently a university student but start a job in software test development in September.

I have been a fan of Star Trek since a young age. I did some simming many years ago when I was at high school and wanted to give it another try. I searched Google and looked at a few websites, but yours looked the most impressive.

Edited by Amy Young

Welcome to Starbase 118, it's great to have you with us. I had the same thoughts myself when I stumbled upon this last year. I'm sure you'll fit right in and enjoy simming with us. :)

Hello all.

My name is Andrew, I'm a Brit live on the grand old island nation that still think we'll walk away with a gold at the up coming Olympics. I've just signed up to join your merry band of rogues, and look forward to tormenting you all to some degree or another. No idea where I'll end up, but it'll be interesting to see where I'll end up. I've written for a while, working retail allows for a lot of time to think and plot, so we'll just have to see.

Nice to have another Brit in the 'team'. Good luck with the academy and see you around the fleet

Hello, my name is Louise. I live in the UK. I am currently a university student but start a job in software test development in September.

I have been a fan of Star Trek since a young age. I did some simming many years ago when I was at high school and wanted to give it another try. I searched Google and looked at a few websites, but yours looked the most impressive.

Thanks -- that's always nice to hear! Welcome to the club, and I hope you enjoy training.

Just as a side thought, from reading the posts here, there seems to be a lot of UK residents here, I just wondered how many of us there are?

Just as a side thought, from reading the posts here, there seems to be a lot of UK residents here, I just wondered how many of us there are?

Yea, there does... That would be interesting to know...

Same here. :-) Inquiring Vulcaniod minds with pointy cute ears want to know. ;-)

Hey James, Telis, Alex and I are having fun laughing our butts off in cahts, we'd like to yank you in on the revarly. Bring a towel, b/c you will spit out your tea. ;-)

• Like 1

Could make an interesting poll to see where in the world everyone is from.

Edited by Amy Young

Hi!

I am also a returning member. My main character was Ann "80psi" Readdy, on Embassy Duronis. I am starting at the bottom again, hopefully to work my way back up again, with better results. I missed being here, but I still am not sure how to get started, even at the academy threads.

Hello All,

My name is Dustin Slater I am from Iowa hmm I have been into Star Trek since I was about 18 not such a huge fan i can quote episodes but I understand the universe. I have 3 kids I love very much and thankfully are as dorky as me. So yeah hello all feel free to drop me a line nathanreyald@yahoo.com. Oh yeah I work for a company called Limolink we provide graond transportation for major companies and I have known about this place for years and just getting back into gaming.

Edited by NathanRey'nld

Hello everyone! The name's Matt and I'm from St. John's. I've done some role playing before, never for Star Trek, this is a first, but it's been a lot of fantasy stuff so I'm not totally out of my element here. I actually found out about this site from a video on youtube and decided to give it a try. Getting back into rping and all that you see?

I've been a fan of Star Trek since I was little and use to watch the show with my dad. I feel the need to point out that these where re-runs and not during original broadcasting.

Currently I work at a local restaurant but am planning on going back to school. . . as soon as I figure out what I want to do. lolz I'm not an underachiever I swear.

Welcome!

Glad to have you! You're in good company- ;)

Hello everyone! The name's Matt and I'm from St. John's. I've done some role playing before, never for Star Trek, this is a first, but it's been a lot of fantasy stuff so I'm not totally out of my element here. I actually found out about this site from a video on youtube and decided to give it a try. Getting back into rping and all that you see?

I've been a fan of Star Trek since I was little and use to watch the show with my dad. I feel the need to point out that these where re-runs and not during original broadcasting.

Currently I work at a local restaurant but am planning on going back to school. . . as soon as I figure out what I want to do. lolz I'm not an underachiever I swear.

A Newfie? Splendid.

clearly we need a British chat thing going on...

We had one for two or three months and no one attended! :P

We had one for two or three months and no one attended! tongue.png

I was in one (only one since my arrival) held. There were 5-6 people in it and it was the only enjoyable chat I attended. Main chat is too fast for me and I was warned twice that I "ignored" somebody - the main reason I'm not attending them any more is because I don't want to insult anyone else.

From my PoV that chat with 6 attendees was more successful than main chat with 15 - comparing here number of writers who are not from US.

Hello all. My name is Andrew F and I'm new to this group (obviously), but have been involved in Star Trek PBEM for about 18 years, and in roleplaying for (holy crap has it really been) 34 years.

In real life, I'm a lawyer specializing in immigration law and criminal defense of immigrants, with my own practice in California. Because of the nature of the work I do, I appear in courts all over California every week and also frequently appear in federal and immigration courts as far away as Texas and Colorado. Prior to becoming an attorney, I was in federal law enforcement (4 years Senior Special Agent at the Department of Homeland Security, 5 years Special Agent at the Immigration and Naturalization Service and 1 year Patrol Agent in the United States Border Patrol).

I'm also in the US Army Reserve. Currently I am a captain, in command of a heavy truck company in central California with approximately 170 soldiers under my command, though I am nearing the end of this tour and will soon be promoted to major and forced into a less interesting staff position. I'm a mustang (prior enlisted), and have served in the Army Reserve since 1984.

On a personal level, I am married, have a daughter who just graduated from high school and leaves later this month for a year as an exchange student in Japan, and am an absolute motorcycle fanatic. I'm also into travel and gambling (I go to Las Vegas about twice per month).

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and look forward to throwing many wrenches into various plots.

Welcome to the community -- very interesting bio you have! Looking forward to seeing how you apply that knowledge to simming :)

Did we?! I must have missed that. Ah, but did you offer tea? Might explain things...

• Like 1

Did we?! I must have missed that. Ah, but did you offer tea? Might explain things...

I like tea, know how to drive on the wrong side of the road, drink real beer and tend toward the sarcastic, so that would definitely be the group for me. Oh, sorry, live on the wrong side of the pond.