June 15 is the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Hello All,

I am a new recruit waiting to start cadet training. My name is Meredith, but my character's name is Fallah Ootah who is half Betazoid and half Mari. I'm from northern California and have been simming on another Star Trek site for about a year and love it. I found this group through a friend who is a member of the Thunder sim. I've played mostly medical roles and hope that Fallah will be accepted as a doctor in this fleet. I've been very impressed with all my friend has told me about this group and its amazing organization, so I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

I am a devoted motor scooter rider and have nearly 20,000 miles on my 2009 Vespa 250. Nothing beats riding through Yosemite National Park on a bike! My little Maltese service dog, Hope, rides with me wearing her own leather jacket and doggles. I'm a history buff with a passion for Age of Sail novels and for the medieval period. I've written four novels from that era with two published. Simming science fiction is a relatively new passion although I've been a Trekkie for a long time.

I'm eager to get to know all of you. Sorry, I don't have any pictures here.

Welcome! Glad you had a great friend to share us with you. =)

Other than reading the various topics on the site, can anyone tell me if there is something I should be doing until training starts? Is there a time frame for when that happens?

Thanks!

I'd say jump into forum conversations in the discussion areas and chat.

Other than reading the various topics on the site, can anyone tell me if there is something I should be doing until training starts? Is there a time frame for when that happens?

Thanks!

Training classes usually start each Monday, so that's when you should expect to hear something on that front. In the meantime, feel free to dive in any of the conversations here, ask any questions you might have, and feel free to explore the cadet resources around the main site.

And welcome! =)

Hello everyone. My name is Abigail, I'm 34 years old and I currently live with my fiancee in Arlington, Massachusetts. I'm an assistant professor of English Literature at a small liberal arts college. I do like a cross-section of literature, but my favorite area of interest is definitely Romantic literature.

My other interests are pretty varied. My fiancee got me addicted to online FPS games (mostly Battlefield). He also got me interested in recreational shooting, which I am slowly getting better at. I play guitar, which was originally a way to escape piano lessons as a kid, but has really become something of a creative outlet as well as a means of relaxation. I play mostly on my Ovation acoustic, but I've recently started branching out into playing electric as well (I should be getting my custom built Carvin around the end of the month! :) ). I'm a passable sports junkie (Go Bruins, Patriots, and Red Sox!).

I also try to keep active in politics, especially labor and social justice issues here in the community. In addition to that, I'm active in the local Skeptic community promoting science and reason whenever and wherever we can.

My character's name is Katelyn Molson, and I’m currently awaiting the beginning of the next training class. I stumbled on the group while looking for some community-based fiction outlets to give me something to write other than literary criticism. I hope to enjoy writing and creativity with all of you!

Hello everyone. My name is Abigail, I'm 34 years old and I currently live with my fiancee in Arlington, Massachusetts. I'm an assistant professor of English Literature at a small liberal arts college. I do like a cross-section of literature, but my favorite area of interest is definitely Romantic literature.

You'll fit in well here ;)

In addition to that, I'm active in the local Skeptic community promoting science and reason whenever and wherever we can.

thumbsup.gif

Welcome to you!

Welcome one and all. To all of you newer than me (not many) I assure you yjay this is a friendly space. Crative too.

Hello everyone. My name is Roman, I'm 25, and I'm from Chicago, IL. I grew up with Star Trek, so my passion for it is stems as much nostalgia as anything else. I still remember sitting in class in elementary school, eagerly anticipating the new episodes of Star Trek Voyager. It was the show that got me hooked and continues to be my favorite tv show to this day. I have several years of Star Trek RPG experience (I even tried to join Starbase 118 a few years ago, but I think all the emails were being sent to my Spam folder) and I'm greatly looking forward to flexing my creativity among so many other Trek fans :)

Hiya Roman,

Welcome back, and this time check your spam folder :P

Hey ^^ My name is Jesse, actually. I live in the hot sweltering heat of Texas (not gonna give the city away, sorry!) Um, I started playing Star Trek Online, which is where S'Kai was born (in my mind and online) and because of my Dad, who is a huge trekkie and dools out facts everyday (he's also a military man) so I kinda grew up with it. I'm not THAT knowledgable, but I'm not a newb either.

Hmm...I'm going to get a job this summer, as I just got out of College for the summer, so yeah. I'm Majoring in Childcare (strange, I know). I love TOS version of Star Trek, but know a bit more of the others as well. But Captain Kirk, Bones, and Spock are my all time favorites! I'm excited for training tomorrow!

I'm excited for training tomorrow!

Looks like we will be training together! I'm excited too :D

• Like 1

Welcome, Roman,

I've just finished training. I'm sure you will love it. Good Luck!

Ensign MacLaren

Hello. My name is Dru. I live in Texas. And my charichter is Zaren Dre. And I'm going to do the training thing this coming week.

Welcome, it's great to have you with us. We have a few peeps from Texas. I'm sure you will love the Academy, it is so much fun.

Hello,

I just applied and reading this handy 'Where to start' page I found this link. So let me introduce myself.

My name is Jessica, and I am going to be 33 soon. I was born, raised and am still living in Germany. I have been a Roleplayer for about uhm.. 20 years I think. Starting with classics like D&D, going over GURPS, different Pbems (one of them I am still part of - 12 years Star Trek RP in German and still having fun), IRC RPGs and Roleplay in a virtual world named Second life. Some of them were in German others in English, which I actually prefer a lot. I do not work right now, apart from keeping the household a mess and taking care of a 40 year old child, also called boyfriend ;)

I'm a child of Star Trek, remembering the very first airing of TNG in Germany from the start to the end right after school. (Who needs to do homework when you learn important lessons from Picard and co.?) And have been a fan ever since.

• Like 1

Hello,

I just applied and reading this handy 'Where to start' page I found this link. So let me introduce myself.

My name is Jessica, and I am going to be 33 soon. I was born, raised and am still living in Germany. I have been a Roleplayer for about uhm.. 20 years I think. Starting with classics like D&D, going over GURPS, different Pbems (one of them I am still part of - 12 years Star Trek RP in German and still having fun), IRC RPGs and Roleplay in a virtual world named Second life. Some of them were in German others in English, which I actually prefer a lot. I do not work right now, apart from keeping the household a mess and taking care of a 40 year old child, also called boyfriend wink.png

I'm a child of Star Trek, remembering the very first airing of TNG in Germany from the start to the end right after school. (Who needs to do homework when you learn important lessons from Picard and co.?) And have been a fan ever since.

Welcome, glad that you have found us.

Edited by Alexander/Askade
Addition to the welcome

Sounds like you'll fit right in! Welcome!

Short question. I have made this account last night but still did not get this Email Validation email for the forum. Is there a way to request a new one? I have no junk folder or spam filter on this email adress so it could not have landed in there.

Short question. I have made this account last night but still did not get this Email Validation email for the forum. Is there a way to request a new one? I have no junk folder or spam filter on this email adress so it could not have landed in there.

We're having some trouble with some servers not receiving emails sent from our forums, wiki, etc. I've gone ahead and manually validated your account for you :)

We're having some trouble with some servers not receiving emails sent from our forums, wiki, etc. I've gone ahead and manually validated your account for you :)

Thank you bunches w00t.gifhuggles.gif

• Like 1

Hi, my real name is James Bolton (my Dad actually named me after Kirk :D ) and I come from Wales in the UK, specifically the south. I am 16 years old. I'm a student and am just about to enter Collage, which is like the last 2 years of High School for people more familiar with the American system. I actually want to become a Engineer when I'm older, which is the position I hope to RP but I love science in general, in fact I love it so much I'm actually doing two in Collage (Physics and Chemistry) along with Maths and History. I've been a huge fan of Star Trek for all my life, literally I could do the "Live long and prosper" gesture before I could walk! I saw this site when I was looking for a Star Trek RPG game but this sounds a lot more fun! Outside Star Trek, I'm a huge fan of Stargate and Eureka although I also enjoy Fantasy, but prefer it in a game setting. I also really enjoy Anime.

Edited by neojames

Welcome James and Jalana! I've been a member for several weeks now. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The leadership is great here.

Welcome James and Jalana! I've been a member for several weeks now. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The leadership is great here.

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to getting started! Also its nice to hear that they don't take after the series in regards to every Admiral being corrupt or incompetent or usually both... with the exception of Admiral Kirk and Admiral Janeway of course. :D

Edited by neojames

Hello and welcome to you both! =)

Edited by KNicholotti