• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Welcome aboard @Jesmi Appa - I live in your neck of the woods, let's say a bit more beach side.  You've found a great group and will have a lot fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone, I'm Hugh.  I was pretty delighted to get the email just now saying my application had been approved.  Thanks for having me! I live in the mountains about a half hour's drive nor

Hi, I just graduated from the Academy, so I guess I should introduce myself here!  My real first name is Helen (my nickname is Cass), and I live in SE Minnesota (or at least south of the Twin Cities).

Hi all- I'm very excited to be the newest member of UFOP. My name is Gregg and I am from Attleboro, MA. I'm 30 years old and a diehard Star Trek Fan!  

Posted Images

I am truly happy for the welcoming. Thank you Captain @Oddas Aria perhaps after the Academy i get assigned to your care who knows. But i do hope we cross paths.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! My real name is Steven, and I work as an animation coordinator in Los Angeles. I've been lurking around this site for quite a while, but previous work stuff kept me too busy to join in. Now my schedule is a little different and, with the world being as crazy as it is right now, the thought of flying away on a starship is more tantalizing than ever.

I love writing and roleplaying (and Star Trek, of course), so finding such a long-standing and vibrant sim, with such friendly players, is amazing. I look forward to joining you!

• Like 3

Hi and welcome! SB118 is a great place to write and geek out on Trek. There's a variety of vessels in operation and each has a stellar crew! Hopefully you've found our discord too!  :)

• Like 1

@Mack Campbell @Jesmi Appa I really enjoyed both of your arrival posts! I'm looking forward to simming with you this week. @TheDotster I really enjoyed your post as well, but I'm assuming you're already almost done with training?

My name is Nathan. I'm originally from Oregon. I've written for various characters here at StarBase 118 over the years (most recently Sasak) but unfortunately had a hard time staying consistent. I'm hoping this time is the charm and to be able to stick around for a lot longer. I'm excited to exercise my creative side, improve my writing, and make new friends.

Edited by Mirkl Zanti
  • Like 1

Hey all, I'm Malcolm, Mal to my friends I live in the sunny exciting UK. Played a lot of role play games in my life, D&D, a few star wars ones. Love to write and been a big trek fan and I'm looking forward to starting training with you all.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Guest Ariana Amaase

Hello everyone, my name is Tanya but I prefer my nickname Tanz. I'm 29, I live in the UK. I can ve an awkward potato, but I'm a Hufflepuff if that account for anything? :'D My characters name is Ariana Anka Amaase. I'll update her background and information as I progress. I may need a bit of help with certain aspects, like the writing style, the finer details of the show as I haven't really watched it since I was a child. 

I look forward to writing with some of you.

Take care.

Welcome to the mad house!
There's plenty of us Brits around the place, and the community here is pretty amazing and very supportive. 

Although maybe don't trust me.... I'm a Slytherin apparently (it was a surprise to me, but you cant argue with Pottermore)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all.  My name is KC and I live in Dallas Texas.   I’m recently a newly wed with my wife Rose who is now wanting to rewatch pretty much all Star Trek shows and movies which is amazing.  We are expecting a little girl and she will be here St Pattys day.   I currently am working on a character with a huge background but I guess I’m just a nerd like that.   

I currently work on survey gas pipelines and leaks.   I found starbase 118 on google as well.  

Just now, Kchage said:

Hello all.  My name is KC and I live in Dallas Texas.   I’m recently a newly wed with my wife Rose who is now wanting to rewatch pretty much all Star Trek shows and movies which is amazing.  We are expecting a little girl and she will be here St Pattys day.   I currently am working on a character with a huge background but I guess I’m just a nerd like that.   

I currently work on survey gas pipelines and leaks.   I found starbase 118 on google as well.  

We're all nerds here! 🤓

7 minutes ago, FltAdml. Wolf said:

We're all nerds here! 🤓

Ya that’s what makes us fun.   My wife hasn’t seen nerd yet.  Just tested the waters.  

• Like 2
Hi everyone! My name is Ginny, I'm currently living in Missouri, almost directly in the middle of the United States. I worked for ten years as a medical transcriptionist and senior medical editor in Level I and Level II trauma centers but left work fourteen years ago to homeschool my son, who is now a senior at a traditional school. 

My family is small, just me, my husband and our 18-year-old son and we are all lifelong Star Trek fans. I found out I was pregnant way back in 2001 during a commercial break of a Star Trek: TNG marathon and spent a good portion of a complicated pregnancy with my feet up, watching as much Star Trek as I could. It has always been a refuge for me. 

My son joined Starbase 118 last year and was very sad when he had to take a leave of absence due to the heavy course load  at his college-prep school. He encouraged me to apply, telling me I would love the people I met and that I'd improve my writing and learn about myself in the process. 

I am brand-new to this, have already made tons of mistakes but I'm having fun and I'm eager to learn from all the experienced simmers here

• Like 2

Hi folks! I'm Patrick, I live outside of Philadelphia with my dog.  I'm an online educator currently working on my masters in Plant Science, and have only recently fallen for Star Trek, but I've fallen hard.  I've role played since high school (mostly DnD and PbtA), but I've never done something this freeform!  I actually started roleplaying on a sh*tposting group on Facebook ("a group where everyone are crewmembers on the same starship", it's a hoot) and decided I wanted to try something a little more serious.
I'm excited to get to know everyone and find my place!

Edited by Sarah Phillips
  • Like 4

Welcome @Sarah Phillips! I am nearing the end of my training and everyone has been incredibly helpful and kind. You will have a wonderful time here! 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brutus (in theory)

Howdy, ya'll.

In most online RP circles I go by Brutus. My characters name (provided I survive the Academy!) is going to be Jehe Saja (Bajoran, so bear that in mind ;) ) I found this group through a friend of mine who writes here. I live approximately near DC, somewhere around that nebulus cesspit. And the current buzzword for my industry accepted title is DevOps.

Hi my name Jack I live in utah. I used to be mormon then I left the church for a better life. I found your group by a google search. I am currently a high school student who has a job at a theme park as well. 

Excited to join

Thanks

Edited by Jacque Eriica

Welcome to you both! Hope you enjoy training – starts on Monday :)

Welcome aboard everyone.  Can't wait to see you aboard!

Hello all, I'm Cabra in real life, I live in the American Midwest, where I teach Math and Physics at high school, as well as serve as a curriculum adviser for the district (which is more headache than prestige). I saw an advertisement for your group at Fall Fest. Looking forward to getting started.

Edited by Beylanesh Semu

Yay! So glad you could join us from FallFest :) Hope you enjoy training!

Hey everyone!

My new cadet is Freki Azorius.

My name is Kasper in real life, I live in Wales, in the UK.

For work, I work in Communications and Social Media with a bit of Human Resources here and there.

I am interested in reading, writing, history and travel as well as cooking and romantic walks on the beach hehe :D