• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

I'm Josh, I'm 25. I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm kind of a student, although I've taken a couple semesters off (again). I've had a lot of trouble picking a major, and I can't work at the moment, either... I found Starbase 118 through Google. I'm kind of a computer wizard, I'm studying programming (on my own at the moment). I'm pretty good at Java and C#, as well as php, html, and css. I'm still just learning, though. Haven't made anything of much use yet, heh. I'm a cat person. I own one, and my dad owns one (I currently live with my parents). Basically, I'm a walking cliche. I'm a computer nerd, introverted, and I live in my parents' basement (well, I sleep on the 2nd floor, but my "office" is in the basement and is where I spend most of my time).

Welcome from a fellow Hoosier! (Indianapolis here.)

Glad to have you. I'm sure your computer skills will come in handy around here as well.

Have fun in training!

Welcome to the fleet Damian! If you're a nerd you're in good company. :)

I'm Josh, I'm 25. I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm kind of a student, although I've taken a couple semesters off (again). I've had a lot of trouble picking a major, and I can't work at the moment, either... I found Starbase 118 through Google. I'm kind of a computer wizard, I'm studying programming (on my own at the moment). I'm pretty good at Java and C#, as well as php, html, and css. I'm still just learning, though. Haven't made anything of much use yet, heh. I'm a cat person. I own one, and my dad owns one (I currently live with my parents). Basically, I'm a walking cliche. I'm a computer nerd, introverted, and I live in my parents' basement (well, I sleep on the 2nd floor, but my "office" is in the basement and is where I spend most of my time).

Welcome! You seem to be perfect for the community :) I think we all like to nerd out here ;) and if your good programming and stuff you might be very beneficial on the wiki like so many other people here. Anyway, welcome. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do! :D

My name is Alex, i just turned 20 as of today and I live in sunny California. I am currently studying to get my BFA in Game Art and Design, majoring in conceptualization and storyboarding. I found StarBase 118 through my good friend good friend Google. You'll probably see me lurking around the forum a lot, as one of the side effects of Game Design is insomnia. Anyways, glad to be here, and I hope to get the chance to sim with a great deal of you.

My name is Alex, i just turned 20 as of today and I live in sunny California. I am currently studying to get my BFA in Game Art and Design, majoring in conceptualization and storyboarding. I found StarBase 118 through my good friend good friend Google. You'll probably see me lurking around the forum a lot, as one of the side effects of Game Design is insomnia. Anyways, glad to be here, and I hope to get the chance to sim with a great deal of you.

Welcome to the community Vance! You live in California. Omg, thats amazing. I always wanted to live there. I'm still in rainy Ireland. I'm going to be studying Multimedia next year so I'll be doing stuff in animation and game design. Do you like the course your doing? Do you like SB118 so far? Anyway once again, welcome and enjoy it. :)

Hi everyone. My name is Pat. I'm 26 and live in Ottawa, Canada, however I'm currently on a long trip in South East Asia. I work for the Federal Government when I'm not travelling. I've played a few pbem's before, but it's been awhile and I wanted to get back into it. I'm a pretty big Trek nerd and am definitely looking forward to being a part of the group!

Whoa! I'm in Montreal, Pat and also a GoC employee :)

You may have already seen some posts of me, but I wanted to stop by at the welcome thread though.

I'm Shannon, but everyone calls me Shan, and I'm 15 years old (probably pretty young for a Trekkie) . I live in the Netherlands and I'm currently studying Biology. I'm a Trekkie (yes, not a Trekker) thanks to my dad and stepmum, which watched TOS when they were my age. I'm looking forward to get really active on the forum!

It's great to have you Shan! We love active folks on the forums. What duty post are you looking to get when you graduate training?

I'm looking forward to, hopefully, a Science post. If not, Engineering is my second choice.

Hello my name is Mike Doucette, my character name is Joseph Dubeau, and I live near Oshawa, Ontario. I was told about this group by a friend and co worker who speaks very highly about this group. I work in law enforcement field. I'm looking forward to getting started.

Talk to you guys soon.

Thank you

Mike

Edited by Joseph Dubeau

Welcome Mike and Shan :) always nice to see new faces around!

Mike - welcome to the group. Good luck with your academy training, too.

Hey everyone. Name is Brent, and I am another member from the frozen north also known as Canada. Calgary to be exact (and unfortunately missed the TNG reunion at the Calgary Comic Con stupid work.) And a bit about me, I have been simming since I was about 15 give or take. Started off on live sims and then learned that life tends to interfere with them, and have now found this group from the wonders of google.

Now, I am 24, and working on my flight ratings to get a job flying. Just finishing off instrumentation now, and as you could guess, aviation would be a big hobby. If it has wings, I am probably there.

Welcome! You're in good company. I know a few aviation enthusiasts in the Fleet, myself being one. I don't fly, but I spend plenty of time oogling over pretty much anything with wings. ^.^

Hello and Welcome to all!

My name is Rob Severson. I am a 43 year old fella (divorced father of two) from Madison Wisconsin (a north central province in the USA). I am and always shall be a public servant, be it for the State of Wisconsin, or as a volunteer in my community. There is no higher a calling that serving the public...to create systems and scenarios where folks less fortunate than I am can thrive or at least exist without basic want.

I like rock and roll music (Petty, Springsteen, Steve Earle, The Civil Wars, Van Morrison, the Avet Brothers, FRANK TURNER), the NFL (go Pack!), I write, draw (pen and ink as I am red-green color blind...and should you wish to have a pen and ink rendering done of your character, I am very reasonably priced...ahem!), love indian food, italian, and will not set foot in a fast food "restaurant" to save my life (or yours). I play the lottery when the amount gets over 100M or more. But ONLY then. I would like to be married again one day to a woman who agrees with me on most of this stuff.

Oh...must love dogs. Finally, I am a firm believer in admitting to and accepting what you ARE. There are plenty of pictures of my on FB if you are interested. I'm no Brad Pitt, but I am ME, and I ain't too shabby-dabby. None of us are. We are all beautiful things. Well, except Rick Santorum and maybe Snookie. (heh!..a wee joke!). Seriously...dont be afraid to be who you are on the net people. Confidence is attractive. End of editorial.

I believe in ideas, art, love, that coincidences are situations where you need a dollar for bus fare NOW and lo and behold there is a buck in that jacket that you put on for the first time in months...anything more compelling than that is suggestive of a complex and elegant universe that speaks to us as we do to it.

I believe in equality. For these among other reasons..I love Star Trek and always will. I abhor closed minded bigotry, but will always respect well articulated and considered points of view, so long as such views are not fabricated to advance a dogma of hate or of greed. No matter how well phrased or seemingly benign, hate and selfishness will reveal itself...often with the help of teamwork and laughter.

As to why I chose UFOP: SB118, I would submit that it has chosen me. I had tried the Star Trek OS/TNG role playing games offered in the late 80's and early 90's and found them to be too constricting...too fettered by the temptation to copy the gaming systems of the day. This is not to judge the creators of either game sets. It's just that star trek...no matter its iteration/series was and still is DIFFERENT, and should always be more about adhering to ideals, discovery and telling important stories about the human condition, rather than simply rolling dice and blowing [...] up, though that has a place too! To sum, I have long sought a place on the net where creative, like-minded/spirited peoples could create a living universe of interactive story and life; whose only seeming goal was to CREATE rather than profit. Am I ready to train? Am I ready to help expand a universe that we all love?

YES!

Regards,

Rob Severson or if oyu prefer:

Cadet Jalen Vesole

cleardot.gif

Edited by Jalen Vesole (RS)

Well, howdy and welcome Cadet Vesole, always nice to have more counselors showing up. Keeps the workload light, hehehe. I hope you enjoy training and then really love the experience of belonging to such a great group of dedicated people and their characters as well.

Well met and good journeys

Cadet Par Salen

Counselor

Currently pioneering telepathic holography..hehe small joke

Great introduction! Welcome!