• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone, I'm Hugh.  I was pretty delighted to get the email just now saying my application had been approved.  Thanks for having me! I live in the mountains about a half hour's drive nor

Hi, I just graduated from the Academy, so I guess I should introduce myself here!  My real first name is Helen (my nickname is Cass), and I live in SE Minnesota (or at least south of the Twin Cities).

Hi all- I'm very excited to be the newest member of UFOP. My name is Gregg and I am from Attleboro, MA. I'm 30 years old and a diehard Star Trek Fan!  

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Hi, all. I assume a bunch of you may know me from the discord server. But I'll keep it commonsense here, so here comes an introduction for those who have no idea who I am. My real name is Beth Taurasi, and honestly, my head's in space a whole lot these days because I don't work. But my work entails a lot of advocacy for people with disabilities, as I am totally blind like one other person I know who's here whose name I don't want to call out because I don't like to embarrass anyone. So yeah, you guys know who I'm talking about. My hobbies and interests include reading, and my book series choices are a lot of science fiction and fantasy, which is where Trek falls. I also wander in some RPG worlds as well, so I get the gist of fantasy and science fiction worlds. My Trek moments were mostly when I was little, and I was blessed to have a great science teacher who made us argue about the future, which she then included tribbles in the argument, which then ... she was mistaking some prehistoric animal for a Star Trek one. Kind of weird. My character's name is Nora Valentine, because of two things: one, having to do with the light of life, somewhat inspired by an American queen who was dubbed "the light" of her king, and Valentine, because it reminds me of red hearts, flowers, and the sun. Love, mostly. She is a blind woman who wants to be the best at documenting everything she is sent out to scope out, a coms officer who keeps everybody together, the glue of her crew. She could also be dubbed a historian, for thousands of years later, her writings could become the center point of studies in another whole parallel universe. History does that, you know.

Anyway, I want to say hello to all my fellow cadets out there, and you all can see me in my profile photo. I apologize for wearing a nightshirt, nothing special, but I only meant to catch my face anyway. It's late at night and I'm super excited to begin the journey across the universe and back again.

• Like 1

Hi there! Name's Carl, from the state of Texas, found this place while actually trying to find another sim I'd been wanting to join, and was a bit surprised to see how interesting this place seemed, especially as I've never even considered playing a character on a PBEM sim. My character is Jay Lee, and he is going to be an engineer just as soon as I am done with training! I've been a Star Trek fan for about twenty five years, since I was shown my first episode by my Aunt, and I have been playing characters on various sims for over a decade. 

• Like 1

Hey there, Welcome aboard.  Aria is an Engineer by training and temperament.  The group here is a lot of fun!

Welcome to the group Jay Lee. From someone with more than sixteen years around here, I can tell you that you'll have fun, learn a lot about cooperative writing and probably make some friends that you can bring to the "real world".

Welcome to our little corner of the internet @Jay Lee . Glad to have you with us. Training is an absolute blast and look forward to seeing you on the flippity flip :)

Hi! I'm new here. So, I'd introduce myself to you.

I'm Yu-ri Luke Bando. I currently live in Yokohama, Japan, about 20 miles south of Tokyo. I was born here.
I went to a college in St. Louis, MO. I spent 5 years there working on my Psyc / Soc double major. It was that time I was introduced to the Star Trek Universe. Since then, I'm a huge fan of the franchise.

I named my character Kteer. A J'naii cadet in training aspiring to become a science officer serving aboard a starship.
As you know, they don't have gender, or "the strange divisions" as they call it. So, my character will experience difficulty living among species with binary gender for sure.  But, being different will surely make nir life in Starfleet a stimulating experience.

I look forward to seeing you aboard a starship, or on a space station!

Yu-ri Luke Bando
a.k.a. Kteer

Edited by Kteer
  • Like 1

Welcome to the group. You'll find that we're very easy going persons and it's good to have someone playing a character that's different. You seem to have a good brackground to play what could be a confused character on a strange environment filled with bi-gendered people. I also found interesting another species with three genders, one being "the cogenitor", ( Enterprise, season 2 episode 22). Hope you have fun and to see you IC around the fleet.

• Like 1

Commander, thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, I remember the episode. That was so tragic. Commander Tucker must have felt so much pain inside.

I would imagine J'naii would call a tri-gendered species, who consider their own third gender instruments for procreation, beyond primitive. Of course, it's not their place to criticize other species' mating practice; however, I myself consider such practice to be cruel.

Anyhow, I'm so excited to try to develop my J'naii persona here. It will be a very interesting, different experience!

Yu-ri Luke Bando
a.k.a. Kteer

Welcome  Luke a.k.a. Kteer, we are si glad to meet another Star Trek fan. Hope to see  you posted on a ship or facility soon! :)

• Like 1

Admiral, Captain, thank you!

I hope I can be a valuable addition to the community!

Yu-ri Luke Bando
a.k.a. Kteer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all.

My name's Adi, but you can (and I'd rather) call me Adingo, and I'm a 19 years old man.

I found this group via a year old post on Reddit, and it looked really interesting. The more I looked into it, the more I liked the concept of development.

I don't have much experience writing, but  hope to use the experience here to improve on that. As for roleplaying, I am playing D&D with a few friends, and trying to improve my roleplaying too.

I actually started watching Star Trek when season 1 of Discovery was released - I've been eyeing the franchise for a while, and Discovery basically served as my jump point out of "Oh, it's new, let's see it." After that I finished all the series, and while I haven't watched the movies, I do know what's going on in them, but I want to watch them all together when I have the time.

Currently I'm working on some programming, not much to tell.

Noa (or T'Nessa), my character, is a quarter Vulcan and three quarters Human hybrid. She's up for being a science officer, and I'm going to attempt to combine her Vulcan logic with human emotions and curiosity.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi there! Another prospective cadet on board. My name is Andrea but I am known on the internet as NumenSkog, I am a Spanish freelance ilustrator with a deep love for the Star Trek universe (as everybody else around!). I found the page thanks to this article in ongoing worlds researching from some simming info.  I found it so funny that I had to look for information about the source, one thing led to another... and here I am 😁. I'm looking forward to joining the Academy and, if possible, luring my partner in crime to join the adventure with me, so far i think i'm sucessful 😉 . Nice to meet you all!

• Like 4

Hello @Alieth and welcome aboard, glad to have you with us. Hope to see you in the academy soon!

• Like 1

Hello, I'm Katherine from the Chicago area in Illinois. I'm currently a cadet playing a female Trill named Tara Wilkins. I was a member of UFOP Starbase 118 little under twenty years ago, but I had to stop due to personal reasons. I was on Board Game Geek and they were talking about play-by-email games and it got me thinking about the fun I had with Starbase 118, so I signed up again. I'm currently retired, but might be getting a part time job sometime in the future. Right now I'm just relaxing. I first got into Star Trek when Star Trek: The Motion Picture came out. I've been a fan ever since. I look forward to simming and building a world with some other Trekkies.

• Like 3

Welcome  All! Great to have you with us!   My real name it Ann, but I play Rear Admiral Toni Turner, CO of the Embassy, Duronis II and the USS Thor.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing you around!

• Like 1

Welcome! I'm Rameses and write for a few characters on two ships in the fleet. This is my third year with 118 and I'm loving it! Glad to have ya'll on board. 

Edited by Toryn Raga
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, my name is Miguel Angel, I live in Spain in the small town of Segovia. My friend Alieth has dragged me here XD
I work as a teacher at the University of Valladolid in the degree of Advertising and Public Relations. It's a pleasure to meet you and I'm looking forward to starting. :D

• Like 4

I am starting a new character(chapter) so I created this character ... in 2015 like five years ago.. -and it was just a name.  no direction or idea for any background or way to proceed because I have had various characters here as they are listed in the wiki but I have not been here since making the name Clase Drene //so IDK, I think I wanted to approach the character again in the future with new vision and without preconceived ideas of what his origins are.  I choose his. actual race and species this morning.  This did not he that till today.  He did have a gender since 2015 but now a race.  // I hope to fill in all the blanks as best as possible.  The last time here I was losing time to read what I needed to read in order to keep in continuity with other shipmates due to real life time restrictions.  

I am Bill being a musician, artist with the media at hand.  In computer art music and so forth.  Before I did a (toon) sim character here from 2002 with xoet.  LIke back then I am still looking to improve my writing and group writing abilities, thru cooperation, empathy and compassion, my writing and reading process has significantly improved since being here five years ago.  I mean if I can see this then I guess it has changed.  But I also see things like increased typos happening, and rewriting being more important than actual first drafts.

I am starting at square one, bottom level with a cadet to see myself get to the higher ranks over time.  I will be portraying an engineer this time not the usual science guy I usually like.  Unless I am really needed in science which would probably not be as good.

I'm a returning sim player with some knowledge about this, but going to go over everything here with a fine tooth comb as I am doing so far, and really enjoying all of this with great determination going on.