• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

On 8/14/2019 at 10:01 AM, Jalana said:

HUTCH! Awesome to see you back! :D

Thanks Captain! Good to be back :)

Hi,
I'm an author and game designer.
I've simmed before in 3 other Star Trek PBEM games and now I write novels and screenplays.

Best,

Mark O'Bannon :)

P.S. I'm a Photoshop artist too, so......... :) 

Edited by MarktheWriter
  • Like 2

Hi, all. I assume a bunch of you may know me from the discord server. But I'll keep it commonsense here, so here comes an introduction for those who have no idea who I am. My real name is Beth Taurasi, and honestly, my head's in space a whole lot these days because I don't work. But my work entails a lot of advocacy for people with disabilities, as I am totally blind like one other person I know who's here whose name I don't want to call out because I don't like to embarrass anyone. So yeah, you guys know who I'm talking about. My hobbies and interests include reading, and my book series choices are a lot of science fiction and fantasy, which is where Trek falls. I also wander in some RPG worlds as well, so I get the gist of fantasy and science fiction worlds. My Trek moments were mostly when I was little, and I was blessed to have a great science teacher who made us argue about the future, which she then included tribbles in the argument, which then ... she was mistaking some prehistoric animal for a Star Trek one. Kind of weird. My character's name is Nora Valentine, because of two things: one, having to do with the light of life, somewhat inspired by an American queen who was dubbed "the light" of her king, and Valentine, because it reminds me of red hearts, flowers, and the sun. Love, mostly. She is a blind woman who wants to be the best at documenting everything she is sent out to scope out, a coms officer who keeps everybody together, the glue of her crew. She could also be dubbed a historian, for thousands of years later, her writings could become the center point of studies in another whole parallel universe. History does that, you know.

Anyway, I want to say hello to all my fellow cadets out there, and you all can see me in my profile photo. I apologize for wearing a nightshirt, nothing special, but I only meant to catch my face anyway. It's late at night and I'm super excited to begin the journey across the universe and back again.

• Like 1

Hi there! Name's Carl, from the state of Texas, found this place while actually trying to find another sim I'd been wanting to join, and was a bit surprised to see how interesting this place seemed, especially as I've never even considered playing a character on a PBEM sim. My character is Jay Lee, and he is going to be an engineer just as soon as I am done with training! I've been a Star Trek fan for about twenty five years, since I was shown my first episode by my Aunt, and I have been playing characters on various sims for over a decade. 

• Like 1

Hey there, Welcome aboard.  Aria is an Engineer by training and temperament.  The group here is a lot of fun!

Welcome to the group Jay Lee. From someone with more than sixteen years around here, I can tell you that you'll have fun, learn a lot about cooperative writing and probably make some friends that you can bring to the "real world".

Welcome to our little corner of the internet @Jay Lee . Glad to have you with us. Training is an absolute blast and look forward to seeing you on the flippity flip :)

Hi! I'm new here. So, I'd introduce myself to you.

I'm Yu-ri Luke Bando. I currently live in Yokohama, Japan, about 20 miles south of Tokyo. I was born here.
I went to a college in St. Louis, MO. I spent 5 years there working on my Psyc / Soc double major. It was that time I was introduced to the Star Trek Universe. Since then, I'm a huge fan of the franchise.

I named my character Kteer. A J'naii cadet in training aspiring to become a science officer serving aboard a starship.
As you know, they don't have gender, or "the strange divisions" as they call it. So, my character will experience difficulty living among species with binary gender for sure.  But, being different will surely make nir life in Starfleet a stimulating experience.

I look forward to seeing you aboard a starship, or on a space station!

Yu-ri Luke Bando
a.k.a. Kteer

Edited by Kteer
  • Like 1

Welcome to the group. You'll find that we're very easy going persons and it's good to have someone playing a character that's different. You seem to have a good brackground to play what could be a confused character on a strange environment filled with bi-gendered people. I also found interesting another species with three genders, one being "the cogenitor", ( Enterprise, season 2 episode 22). Hope you have fun and to see you IC around the fleet.

• Like 1

Commander, thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, I remember the episode. That was so tragic. Commander Tucker must have felt so much pain inside.

I would imagine J'naii would call a tri-gendered species, who consider their own third gender instruments for procreation, beyond primitive. Of course, it's not their place to criticize other species' mating practice; however, I myself consider such practice to be cruel.

Anyhow, I'm so excited to try to develop my J'naii persona here. It will be a very interesting, different experience!

Yu-ri Luke Bando
a.k.a. Kteer

Welcome  Luke a.k.a. Kteer, we are si glad to meet another Star Trek fan. Hope to see  you posted on a ship or facility soon! :)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! I look forward to seeing you around!

• Like 1

Admiral, Captain, thank you!

I hope I can be a valuable addition to the community!

Yu-ri Luke Bando
a.k.a. Kteer

Hello, all.

My name's Adi, but you can (and I'd rather) call me Adingo, and I'm a 19 years old man.

I found this group via a year old post on Reddit, and it looked really interesting. The more I looked into it, the more I liked the concept of development.

I don't have much experience writing, but  hope to use the experience here to improve on that. As for roleplaying, I am playing D&D with a few friends, and trying to improve my roleplaying too.

I actually started watching Star Trek when season 1 of Discovery was released - I've been eyeing the franchise for a while, and Discovery basically served as my jump point out of "Oh, it's new, let's see it." After that I finished all the series, and while I haven't watched the movies, I do know what's going on in them, but I want to watch them all together when I have the time.

Currently I'm working on some programming, not much to tell.

Noa (or T'Nessa), my character, is a quarter Vulcan and three quarters Human hybrid. She's up for being a science officer, and I'm going to attempt to combine her Vulcan logic with human emotions and curiosity.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!