June 15 is the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Welcome aboard! It's great to have you! 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 5:26 PM, Caitríona Cayne said:

Hi all! Dia dhaoibh!

My name is Ally. I am from Ireland and I am looking forward to enjoying my time here with you all.

So I used to actually be a member of SB118 a long time ago, although I think back then I wasn't as grown, or mature as I am 25 now. I think back during those days of my life I had a lot going on and couldn't commit to simming as much as I would have liked and to be honest I felt a little bit of a let down for my team!

(I played Kotir Arith on the USS Mercury, but again, that was a while back now! - maybe it will be a bit confusing, as my name was Alan back then but I have since started transitioning in RL)

I have more time on my hands now, and I think I am in a good space and maturity to enjoy the roleplay and appreciate how much it can help me grow as a writer!

A bit about me, I studied Film and Screen Media with English at University and I am going back this September to get another qualification in Computer Science.

I’m very tech savvy, having previously worked as customer support for Google and Blizzard (as a temp Game Master for the BFA launch ;)).

I hope I get to make a lot of new friends and reconnect with people who I enjoyed speaking with when I was last here.

Welcome back @Caitríona Cayne! You were obviously here before my time! Regardless welcome back to the group! Hopefully, Maddi will interact with you at some point. 😁

Edited by Maddi Hyden
Forgot to tag the character
  • Like 1

Hi All!

My name is Matthew (@ironjawa in the discord).  I'm live in South Wales where I work as a civil servant.

I've been a role-player since 1997 and a participant in a number of play by email style games since 2000 when I joined the now very much defunct Andromeda Trek.  

I look forward to writing with whoever is unlucky enough to land me as a shipmate. ;) 

• Like 3

Oh man, I remember that game!  I've been playing Trek e-mail games since '97 too!  Welcome to SB118, Matthew!

• Like 1

Greetings,

I'm Justin and I go by Esimed on most social media. I'm in Deer Park, TX which is just outside of Houston. It's hot here so we don't know what snow is, but we know how to sweat and survive hurricanes.

I joined my first ST collaborative writing venture in 1998 if memory serves me correctly. Over the years I've played many different genres and actually only recently returned to Star Trek. Over those years I also took plenty of breaks so it hasn't been a continuous effort.

I currently participate in and moderate several games over at OngoingWorlds, but im looking forward to undergoing the training here at SB118. I think the script style posting/simming (as opposed to novel) will take some getting used to, but I'm up to the challenge.

I hope to see you all in game and on Discord from time to time.

Edited by Esimed - Nali
Correction of date
  • Like 2

We;come Esimed!  Hope you enjoy training!

Hey all! Thanks for having me!

My name is Jonathan Ayers, and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area in California. I was introduced to the group by my dear friend Sabrina (Thanks Senket!). I am a Digital Production technician/AV lead for an advertising agency in San Francisco and I am also a twitch streamer in my off time. I have a 6 year old son and love trek, video games, motorcycles, and old cars/trucks.

My characters in previous games have all been BORG, but I did not see an option for that here. I am now a Ba'ku male (from my favorite trek movie). My character is named JAyers (only JAyers "pronunciation: Jay Airs"). 

• Like 3

Evening. I'm honored to be invited to be a part of this community. This group was ST RP before it ever became a popular past time. Howdy y'all. I'm Nathan. I'm just recently starting to enjoy the little things everyday life has to offer. I'm a Marine Veteran with 12 years of honorable service, including 2 deployments to the Stan and 1 to Iraq. I'd be closing in on my 20 year mark around this time but I was injured on my last deployment and after a long stubborn bout of macho denial I finally admitted to myself that my injuries were never going to let me get back to 100% and I took an honorable medical discharge. I do a little security contract work here and there but for the most part I have a lot of free time on my hands and rather than continue to drive my lady nuts finding obscure and pointless tasks around our house, I figured I'd get back into RP. Been role playing off and on for 20 years and I'm damn proud and glad to be here.

• Like 3

Hi everyone!

My real name is Zack, and I live in St. Louis, Missouri, where the weather is currently completely unbearable. I actually read about this community on Reddit (/r/startrek represent!), and as somebody that's always loved creative writing AND has always wanted rather desperately (and, until now, fruitlessly) to be part of Starfleet, I knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity to join!

I'm currently in school, so who knows what may come after that! Until then, I can just tell people I'm in boot camp. Hey, it's technically the truth.

Can't wait to get involved with this awesome community!

• Like 1

Welcome everyone! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. It's really fun and everyone is so nice and welcoming - so you made the right choice in joining ;)

Welcome aboard!  Glad you found us.

From someone with sixteen years under his belt, welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll find entertainment and friendship here.

Glad to have you with us!