• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

20 hours ago, Reema Poq said:

What's up? My name's Sabrina, I am in California, I'm an actor, found this place through the promo team in a facebook group and now I'm here. I'm extremely detail oriented, I'm one of those annoying people who come up with explanations for why weird [...] can happen in trek instead of suspending disbelief and moving on, and I'm excited to write some Bad Things Happening and working together on creating solutions.

Hello and welcome to a place full of adventures and a challenge for your imagination. I play Commander Kelrod on the USS Veritas and I hope that you have a great time with us.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Reema Poq said:

What's up? My name's Sabrina, I am in California, I'm an actor, found this place through the promo team in a facebook group and now I'm here. I'm extremely detail oriented, I'm one of those annoying people who come up with explanations for why weird [...] can happen in trek instead of suspending disbelief and moving on, and I'm excited to write some Bad Things Happening and working together on creating solutions.

Hello! I'm originally from California (and hopefully moving back soon-ish). Welcome to the fun and madness.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:27 PM, Reema Poq said:

Welcome to the fleet Sabrina. We're glad to have you with us. I hope to get a chance to sim with you at some point. So, have fun, most of all. 

Sabrina, welcome! I enjoy the level of detail in your posts so far!

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone! IRL, my name is Chris. I live in Richmond, Virginia (USA), and am a software QA Engineer. I have always loved Star Trek, creative writing, science, art, history, music, and the pursuit of a full life. For those reasons, I'll be playing Kayla Drex. I'm already completely in love with her (in a non-weird/narcissistic way - I just think she's going to take on a life of her own, and be a heck of a lot of fun to write/play.)

I'm so looking forward to exploring the universe with all of you! ... well, some of you. This seems a pretty big community. ;)

• Like 3

Hello all! My name is Sean and I am a father, a husband, and a complete newb to role playing in this format. I used to play D&D about 25 years ago but am drawn to the idea of story creation with a group. I have been an avid Trekkie for 33 years and am excited to try out this format and see what we can create. I hope I don't bungle things too badly!  

• Like 3

Hey everyone! My Name is Marc, new to most of Star Trek but not to pen-and-paper-RPGs in general. I live where the zeppelins were born, which means I am a German and English is not my first language. But we’ll manage, I hope. :)
This will be my first RPG in this format, but I am looking forward to this experience with all of you!

• Like 3

Hello there,

My name's Connor, and I found this place through Reddit. I've dabbled in groups of this type before, but am looking forward to giving it a more serious go.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cammy Bechtel said:

Hey everyone! My Name is Marc, new to most of Star Trek but not to pen-and-paper-RPGs in general. I live where the zeppelins were born, which means I am a German and English is not my first language. But we’ll manage, I hope. :)
This will be my first RPG in this format, but I am looking forward to this experience with all of you!

Hey Marc, welcome to SB 118! I am Jess and I'm from Germany as well! I started a bit more than 5 years ago, nervous if my language skills are good enough and I worried for naught. Writing here also helped me to improve further. So, I'm sure you will do great and have a lot of fun :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KDrex said:

Hi everyone! IRL, my name is Chris. I live in Richmond, Virginia (USA), and am a software QA Engineer. I have always loved Star Trek, creative writing, science, art, history, music, and the pursuit of a full life. For those reasons, I'll be playing Kayla Drex. I'm already completely in love with her (in a non-weird/narcissistic way - I just think she's going to take on a life of her own, and be a heck of a lot of fun to write/play.)

I'm so looking forward to exploring the universe with all of you! ... well, some of you. This seems a pretty big community. ;)

2 hours ago, Esbrun Vardai said:

Hello there,

My name's Connor, and I found this place through Reddit. I've dabbled in groups of this type before, but am looking forward to giving it a more serious go.

2 hours ago, Cammy Bechtel said:

3 hours ago, Skylar Noland said:

Hello all! My name is Sean and I am a father, a husband, and a complete newb to role playing in this format. I used to play D&D about 25 years ago but am drawn to the idea of story creation with a group. I have been an avid Trekkie for 33 years and am excited to try out this format and see what we can create. I hope I don't bungle things too badly!  

Welcome to the fleet everyone! Glad you guys found our little rabbit hole! If you need any help or have any questions, any one of us will gladly help! 

6 hours ago, German Galven said:

Welcome to the fleet everyone! Glad you guys found our little rabbit hole! If you need any help or have any questions, any one of us will gladly help! 

Thank you very much!

Hello,

My name is Derek Peterson.   I live near Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the US.  I found the group through Reddit.  I've never done anything like this before but I like to think that I'm a creative guy so hopefully I will be able to stoke those flames.  I'm a tabletop RPGer on a weekly basis so I am somewhat experienced with storytelling. 

I work in the trucking industry as a dispatcher.  I've been in my current job for over 15 years.

I look forward to interacting with everyone.  See you out there!

• Like 1

Lots of new folks, welcome all of you (@KDrex@Skylar Noland, @Cammy Bechtel@Esbrun Vardai and anyone else I might have missed) it's great to see so many of you joining us.

I can't wait to see you all in the fleet!

• Thanks 1

Hello! I'm Felderburg. I live in New Mexico, USA, and I currently work at a nonprofit. I found out about this site on the Treknobabble subreddit (someone posted there a few days ago). I've roleplayed in MMOs and pen & paper, but never PBEM, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. I haven't played Star Trek Online in years, but the character I applied with is intended to be an adapted version of my main there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Felderburg said:

Hello! I'm Felderburg. I live in New Mexico, USA, and I currently work at a nonprofit. I found out about this site on the Treknobabble subreddit (someone posted there a few days ago). I've roleplayed in MMOs and pen & paper, but never PBEM, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. I haven't played Star Trek Online in years, but the character I applied with is intended to be an adapted version of my main there.

Welcome Felderburg, I hope that you enjoy your time here with us. I was also a pen and paper player back in the day when I joined this group. after trying first another one and had to deal with the amazing players and writing in English (my main language is Spanish). However this group embraced me and if you give it time, you'll be delighted with it. I hope to see you soon with us and maybe, sim with you in the near future.

Welcome everyone! Great to see everyone joining:)

Hey everyone!

Name's Paul but I'll be playing Oriana Whedon, and no I've never heard of FemShep :P Seriously though, Mass Effect is legit one of my favourite franchises and being able to meld Shepard with Star Trek was too much of a thrill for me to not even try. I have a post up in the Arrival at Starbase 118 thread that goes into a little bit of what Oriana is going through and what she wants to do with her life in Starfleet. I'd love some feedback, positive or negative and I'd be happy to chat Star Trek or Mass Effect or even Star Wars with you all.

I'm 30 years old living in the UK, I'm fairly fit, six foot exactly, got shaggy brown hair and blue eyes. I currently work in a supermarket but in the future I've love to be a novelist. So, I figured before I sign off, I'd do some of those Top five things you see floating around Twitter and Facebook and stuff.

Top 5 favorite horror villains: 5. Leatherface 4. Hannibal Lecter/Buffalo Bill 3. Jason Voorhees 2. Freddy Krueger 1. Michael Myers

Top 5 comics: 5.  Mockingbird (2016 Chelsea Cain run) 4. Ant-Man: Second Chance Man 3. Captain Marvel: Higher, Further, Faster, More 2. Doctor Strange: The most entire run by Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo 1. Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do

Top 5 movies: 5. Blade Runner 2049 4. Serenity 3. Airplane 2. Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan 1. Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back

Top 5 podcasts 5. I'm still right 4. The Big Loop 3. The Complete Guide to Everything. 2. Wolf 359 1. Last Podcast On The Left

Top 5 video games 5. Rebel Galaxy 4. Uncharted 4 3. Red Dead Redemption 2. Uncharted 2 1. Mass Effect 3 (Yes, even with the ending. I will fight anyone on this.)

Top 5 Star Trek Episodes 5. Fistful of Datas 4. The Drumhead 3. In The Pale Moonlight 2. The Measure of a Man 1. Best of Both Worlds 1 & 2

Bottom 5 Star Trek Episodes 5. Sub Rosa 4. Shades of Grey 3. The Muse 2. Valiant 1. Spock's Brain

Top 5 Star Trek Movies 5. Generations 4. Undiscovered Country 3. Star Trek (2009) 2. First Contact 1. Wrath of Khan

Bottom 5 Star Trek Movies 5. Insurrection 4. Nemesis 3. Star Trek: The Motion Picture 2. Beyond 1. The Final Frontier

So there we go! Inbox is ready for fighting on some of my choices for episodes :P

• Like 1

Good evening. 

My name is Michael. I live in West Jordan Utah with my wife and kids. I'm originally from South Carolina and still call it home, even though I have lived in Utah for 28 years. I am a die-hard Trekkie. I always have been. TOS was my favorite until I found Enterprise, TOS is still one of my staples though. I just really love Porthos. He is adorable. I found the group by surfing the web and looking up all things Star Trek. I just stumbled on it, and I am glad I did. I currently work for the State of Utah, but before that, I was a firefighter/EMT and was a Lieutenant and Hazardous Materials Technician (the mop and glow club). I was also a surgical tech and injured my back so I had to get out of medicine. But it is still my passion. I teach it to Boy Scouts and Naval Sea Cadets. I work with the youth of Salt Lake County as an assistant scoutmaster for Boy Scouts and I am an officer with the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps, where I help mold the future of this great country. I am glad to be here and I am excited to start training.

• Like 2

Hello my name is Stephen. I hail from a small town in the hills of West Virginia! I work at Walmart, but have a serious change of jobs happening soon! I have been rping for about 4 years now and I enjoy it an immense amount! I was recommended this site by one of your members. He’s been my friend for almost 4 years now and I had never heard of SB 118 until now! I’m excited to start this! I want to work my way up in rank and hopefully be a huge contributor to this group! 

• Like 3

@Oriana Whedon @Psychofireman22 @Maddi Hyden

Welcome to the Fleet guys! You'll find that our little rabbit hole is quite the fun place to experience community and friends. So, if you have any trouble with anything, let one of us know and we'll be more than happy to help! 

Happy simming! 

Edited by German Galven
  • Like 1

Welcome new folks! Hope you enjoy training tomorrow!

Hi, 

My name is Colin, and my character's name is Hugh Hunter.

I live in London (UK), and have been a star trek fan since my dad bought me 'encounter at farpoint' (on video/VHS). Although DS9 was by far my favourite series. 

My character is half human and half El-Aurian, as I thought this would be great to have someone who remembers the 20th/21st century, but also to have them different enough from the archetypal el-aurian so they were more involved in events.

• Like 2

Welcome to Starbase 118 Colin! Glad you're joining us.

We have players from all around the world playing all different types of characters. Indeed, there's a human/El-Aurian hybrid on the Starbase 118 Ops sim at the moment, so you'll be in good company.

I hope you enjoy your Academy training and I look forward to hearing about your adventures in the Fleet.

Thanks,

I'm glad the hybrid idea will play. I was a little concerned that it might come off as some kind of mary-sue type character, but the intention was to have a more rogue type character like Dax, but with a bit more unpredictability with their heritage. Thanks for the heads up that there is already an el-aurian/human hybrid. I'll check out their posts, so my take doesn't contract theirs too much. 

Separate question, any tips on which ships/postings have a quieter pace. I have a baby on the way so I might not be able to consistenty make the 3 posts a week every week.