• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Hiya Mike and welcome! I remember being shocked at how thick and fast the emails came during the Academy. Between the new posts, tutorials and feedback there can be a lot to take in. As I moved onto a 'real ship' I didn't think I'd make it past a couple of weeks and wondered how anyone kept up with it. Thankfully it does get a lot easier to do.

I don't know what email provider you use, but most allow you to sort your email in some fashion. I like to set a filter so that all emails coming from my ship are sent to a specific folder. That way I can click on the folder and just see the sims. Sometimes I take notes about what's going on as I read through the sims. Once read, I'll delete sims that don't have tags for me in them. I find it's easier to keep up when I post regularly as there are less new sims to read, and less tags to gather. Once I've gathered my tags I'll delete sims I no longer need. In this way, I keep the number of sims I have in my inbox at a manageable level.

If you ever find yourself feeling overwhelmed, struggling or falling behind, reach out to a member of staff - it really helps. Had I not done that in the early days, I probably would have left. I'm glad I didn't - I haven't found a more welcoming community, or enjoyable hobby anywhere else and hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I do.

• Like 2

I'm Josh. I live in southern central Indiana while I'm working on my PhD in Communication Science. I'm a cat dad to two fuzzy idiots. I've never simmed before, but I love storytelling. I am the long-time DM for my D&D group, so I'm looking forward to being a player again, and doing some collaborative storytelling in what is easily my favorite fictional universe. I have Charlie Knox to thank for introducing me to this, and I'm excited to start!

• Like 4

My first name is Hailey, actually! I live in Texas, Waco actually, it's really nice, things are expanding more and more lately! I looked for another group to play some role playing with, I've been craving that Star Trek like no tomorrow!
I work several jobs. I work as a receptionist at a salon for about two days a week, otherwise as Circulation at Waco's paper, making sure everyone gets their papers and everyone pays their bill. Beyond that, I do online work taking surveys, testing websites, so on and so forth. Some days it's tiring, but I make a fair living.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lazarus Davis said:

I'm Josh. I live in southern central Indiana while I'm working on my PhD in Communication Science. I'm a cat dad to two fuzzy idiots. I've never simmed before, but I love storytelling. I am the long-time DM for my D&D group, so I'm looking forward to being a player again, and doing some collaborative storytelling in what is easily my favorite fictional universe. I have Charlie Knox to thank for introducing me to this, and I'm excited to start!

7 hours ago, Corliss said:

My first name is Hailey, actually! I live in Texas, Waco actually, it's really nice, things are expanding more and more lately! I looked for another group to play some role playing with, I've been craving that Star Trek like no tomorrow!
I work several jobs. I work as a receptionist at a salon for about two days a week, otherwise as Circulation at Waco's paper, making sure everyone gets their papers and everyone pays their bill. Beyond that, I do online work taking surveys, testing websites, so on and so forth. Some days it's tiring, but I make a fair living.

Welcome you both to the fleet! Glad you guys found this rabbit hole. You will have lots of fun! 😃

Ensign German Galven

Science Officer

USS Veritas NC-95035

V239507GG0

Veritas banner.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard StarBase 118 @Lazarus Davis and @Corliss. Good to have you both here and hope you enjoy your time with us.

• Like 1

Hi, my actual name is Roy. I've done tabletop are gpg's like Dungeons and Dragons. I've also played if you drive me to PG's such as Guild Wars. My favorite characters I start track I've always been the support characters such as Quork, Neelix, Kes, but my favorite is Guinan. Who was the inspiration for my character doctor Olen Daniels.

Hey everyone! Glad you found us! Hope you enjoy training this week – another big class of five folks :)

• Like 1

Hi all, I go by Izzy and live in the SF bay area. I work in financial services, so I'm looking to get a little more creative in my free time.

My favorite type of characters in Star Trek (and elsewhere) have always been the foil other characters bounce off of (eg. Data,) so I'm hoping to go somewhat in that direction with my own character, Jhotta (though with a different take on the emotional availability angle). 

I've never actually played any form of RPG before, so I'm hoping to catch up soon without tripping anyone up!

Edited by Izzster
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Izzster said:

Hi all, I go by Izzy and live in the SF bay area. I work in financial services, so I'm looking to get a little more creative in my free time.

My favorite type of characters in Star Trek (and elsewhere) have always been the foil other characters bounce off of (eg. Data,) so I'm hoping to go somewhat in that direction with my own character, Jhotta (though with a different take on the emotional availability angle). 

I've never actually played any form of RPG before, so I'm hoping to catch up soon without tripping anyone up!

Welcome to the fleet @Izzster! You'll have a lot of fun here. It's my first RPG as well. Luckily, everyone here is so helpful and patient with us newbies. Just remember to have fun! 😃

-----

Ensign German Galven

Science Officer

USS Veritas NC-95035

V239507GG0

Galven S4U1 banner.png

• Like 1

My name is Tonya and I will be playing Elaina Ren on one of the ships or star bases.  I live in Ocean Springs, Mississippi.  I am legally blind and I use magnification software to type and read on the computer.  I was apart of this group eight to nine years ago and I played Cura Assanti.  I just want to write and have fun.  I hope I see some of the old players.  I wish everyone a good time!

On 12/29/2011 at 8:38 AM, Na'Lae Mandak said:

Well Kane, Pleasure to meet you sir.

Hello, everyone!

My name is Josh. My character's name is Jona ch'Ranni, an Andorian. I live in Kansas in the United States. Looking forward to diving into the Star Trek universe.

• Like 1

Hello Josh and welcome aboard! Can't wait to see you around the place :)

• Like 1

Welcome Josh. Glad to have you in the fleet. I'm sure you'll love it here as much as we do!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! 

I am Jan-Willem, 32, from the Netherlands. I'm married and have two wonderfull daughters, a two year old and a three month old. Been a long time star trek fan, and i work in the military police. 

Glad to meet y'all, and see you out there!

J-W

• Like 4

Nice to meet all of the new faces around here! It's been a while since I've been over here to the forums (something I need to change) so, hello to you all! If you ever find yourselves in the Constitution's neck of the woods, or if you'd like to chat about Star Trek medicine, look me up! 

6 hours ago, Edward Spears said:

Nice to meet all of the new faces around here! It's been a while since I've been over here to the forums (something I need to change) so, hello to you all! If you ever find yourselves in the Constitution's neck of the woods, or if you'd like to chat about Star Trek medicine, look me up! 

I'm hoping to play either a doctor, nurse or EMT, so i might take you up on that. Thanks!

Great to meet you, see you around!

@Wallace Williams, we hebben er een nieuwe Nederlander bij!

(We have another Dutchman with us!)

• Haha 1

OOOOOOH

• Like 1

18 hours ago, John Williams said:

I'm hoping to play either a doctor, nurse or EMT, so i might take you up on that. Thanks!

Excellent! Given how things go around here you'll never run out of things to do if you go medical! :D

57 minutes ago, Edward Spears said:

Excellent! Given how things go around here you'll never run out of things to do if you go medical! :D

That was my hope. Excellent.

Also, everyone, thanks for the warm welcome.

What's up? My name's Sabrina, I am in California, I'm an actor, found this place through the promo team in a facebook group and now I'm here. I'm extremely detail oriented, I'm one of those annoying people who come up with explanations for why weird [...] can happen in trek instead of suspending disbelief and moving on, and I'm excited to write some Bad Things Happening and working together on creating solutions.

Hello and welcome @Reema Poq, glad to have you with us and i'm excited to see what you come up with :)

• Thanks 1