Welcome to the 2019 Awards Ceremony! Visit the Awards Ceremony Forum

June 27: Introduction & General Awards  •  June 28: Length of Service & Special Awards  •  June 29: Staff Awards  •  June 30: Duty Post Awards & Finale

Red Carpet Fashion Report: Click here to see what everyone's wearing to the event of the year!

This year marks the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Hi there Dane and Conrad, welcome aboard!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 2:57 PM, German Galven said:

Hey guys! My name is Dane. 31 years old. My character's name is German Galven. I currently live in Arkansas, but have lived all over. I was raised in the military. I found out about your group through another member on a discord server. I was raised by trekkies, but didn't fully get involved until recently when the new Star Wars movies came out and jumped away from that mess. I'm glad I found this and hopefully I'll gain more knowledge about how to navigate myself around here. I also like short walks to the fridge and long naps. I'm Garfield in person.

I lived in Little Rock for years and graduated from Hendrix College! :D Welcome! 

• Like 1

Hi Guys!  I am simming as Wallace Williams, Terrance Williams and Adelaide Williams.

I have been around for a few months now ( starting to get more active on the forum the past few days which is why I am writing this now instead of back then)

My real name is Jerry, I am from Amsterdam the Netherlands, I'm 24 years old and am having a lot of fun simming with you guys! I am currently  unemployed but in the process of starting a small bizz of my own via internet!

Edited by Wallace Williams
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 11:27 AM, FltAdml. Wolf said:

I lived in Little Rock for years and graduated from Hendrix College! :D Welcome! 

I live in Northwest Arkansas! The town next to me is the Walmart mothership. Moved here 11 years ago. I'm still getting used to this vastly growing area.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 8:38 AM, Jarred Thoran said:

Hello Dane! Welcome aboard. We're glad to have you here and I look forward to seeing you are :D

Thank you! I look forward in what I can bring to the table here. 😀

On 7/12/2018 at 1:34 PM, Oddas Aria said:

Hi there Dane and Conrad, welcome aboard!

Thanks! Always nice to see another Whovian 👩‍⚕️

9 hours ago, German Galven said:

Thanks! Always nice to see another Whovian 👩‍⚕️

Hooray, more Whovians! Welcome to SB!

• Like 1

Greetings,

My character name is Lorian Lovar, a Vulcan science officer who strangely has a sense of humour. He sees humour as a logical step towards better relations with his crewmates. He is 28 and experienced in public relations as well as the ways of science. I hope to be seeing you all soon

LLAP,

Lorian

Edited by Lorian Lovar
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 6:07 PM, Lorian Lovar said:

Greetings,

My character name is Lorian Lovar, a Vulcan science officer who strangely has a sense of humour. He sees humour as a logical step towards better relations with his crewmates. He is 28 and experienced in public relations as well as the ways of science. I hope to be seeing you all soon

LLAP,

Lorian

Welcome! 

I'm Jeff, I was working as professional staff at a university, but I recently quit to go back to school. I live in Georgia (US) but I'm moving to Indiana next month.

I've done a lot of PnP RP, but this is my first time Simming/PBEM; some friends in a Discord group were talking about Simming and I got interested and Google-crawled my way around the subject until I landed here.

On 7/25/2018 at 1:56 PM, jevreH said:

I'm Jeff, I was working as professional staff at a university, but I recently quit to go back to school. I live in Georgia (US) but I'm moving to Indiana next month.

I've done a lot of PnP RP, but this is my first time Simming/PBEM; some friends in a Discord group were talking about Simming and I got interested and Google-crawled my way around the subject until I landed here.

Hope you enjoy the change of scenery with a PBEM :D

Ahoy all, returning Ensign Valoru here. Trying to check things out again and see if I can get back into the swing. I wasn't here all that long back in 2015, but I've always loved this community.

Name is Chris, and I'm an IT Manager from Indiana. We'll see if I can get my email simming wings back in action. 

Well, earlier this week a crazy idea popped in my head: hey, why don't you start simming again?

So a google-search brought me to this place. Learned simming years ago in another fleet which means it will take some adjustment to the way simming is done here, as it's a bit different. Anyway it's been three years since the last sim I was on, closed its doors due to several circumstances.

And now I'll see where the stars will bring me and my character. :-P

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! Get ready to have a lot of fun. 

Hi all,

My real name is Allan (character name is Jori Nyseth).  And I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland.  I discovered Starbase 118 on Reddit.  Now I am sort of unemployed at the moment.  But I'm going back to being a pensions administer shortly (next month) for a major European Pension Company having been a Team Manager at a well-known British bank for the last few years.

I used to watch Star Trek TNG and Voyager when I was young but since Star Trek came on Netflix, I've became a massive fan of Deep Space Nine (and I love Disco, sorry I don't understand all the hate.)

I was a bit of a wildchild in college and plan on basing my character on the person I was then, only pansexual.  Trying to be serious and be taken serious.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to taking part on this wonderful platform.  Thank you for reading. 

• Like 2

Thanks for applying! Be sure to also pop into the chat room at https://www.starbase118.net/chat – lots of folks hang around there all day :)

6 hours ago, Jori Nyseth said:

Hi all,

My real name is Allan (character name is Jori Nyseth).  And I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland.  I discovered Starbase 118 on Reddit.  Now I am sort of unemployed at the moment.  But I'm going back to being a pensions administer shortly (next month) for a major European Pension Company having been a Team Manager at a well-known British bank for the last few years.

I used to watch Star Trek TNG and Voyager when I was young but since Star Trek came on Netflix, I've became a massive fan of Deep Space Nine (and I love Disco, sorry I don't understand all the hate.)

I was a bit of a wildchild in college and plan on basing my character on the person I was then, only pansexual.  Trying to be serious and be taken serious.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to taking part on this wonderful platform.  Thank you for reading. 

Welcome to the fleet! We have a Australian writer who sims for a Unicorn loving Scottish woman. I bet you two would get along as well as everyone else! 

Galven S4U1 banner.png

Edited by German Galven

6 hours ago, German Galven said:

Welcome to the fleet! We have a Australian writer who sims for a Unicorn loving Scottish woman. I bet you two would get along as well as everyone else! 

Galven S4U1 banner.png

Well the unicorn is our National animal. And I'll be happy to interact with her about Scotland, our culture, history and future. I plan on using my own childhood with my character. In terms of religion and Scottish independence.

• Like 1

Hello there!  My name is Kaeli, I live in Eastern Tennessee, and I'm mere months away from finishing my MS in mathematics (working hard on my thesis as we speak).  After that, I hope to be a college level math teacher, but I've taught HS math before and would do it again.   

My character is a Vulcan female named T'lala.  I was referred here by a post on the /r/StarTrek subreddit.  I also play Star Trek Online, and I'm currently running a tabletop campaign of Star Trek Adventures.   Happy to be a part of the community! 

Hi! My name is Rob, I'm 32 and I live in East Tennessee. I'm currently a grad student that was looking for a creative outlet, and I just happened to be browsing on /r/startrek when I saw a post about this place. I've never really done an RPG or sim-- but I really enjoy writing, and I love Star Trek, so I figured- why not?

My Character is Charlie Knox, a human male. Looking forward to playing with you all! 

20 hours ago, T'lala said:

Hello there!  My name is Kaeli, I live in Eastern Tennessee, and I'm mere months away from finishing my MS in mathematics (working hard on my thesis as we speak).  After that, I hope to be a college level math teacher, but I've taught HS math before and would do it again.   

My character is a Vulcan female named T'lala.  I was referred here by a post on the /r/StarTrek subreddit.  I also play Star Trek Online, and I'm currently running a tabletop campaign of Star Trek Adventures.   Happy to be a part of the community! 

Oh snap-- I live in the same area; that's crazy! I just transferred out of UTK into an online program at Eastern Kentucky

Hi Rob! I'm reallty glad you found us! I'm from Scotland. When I first started here, I'd never played an RPG like this before either. It's now my favourite hobby in my free time, I've made amazing friends for life here. I hope you love it here too and enjoy the Academy. :)

Hi Rob and Kaeli!

I also live in eastern TN! Welcome to the group! I hope you like it here as much as I do!

-Mel aka Cmdr Sarah Mason

On 9/16/2018 at 4:06 PM, T'lala said:

3 hours ago, Charlie Knox said:

Hi! My name is Rob, I'm 32 and I live in East Tennessee. I'm currently a grad student that was looking for a creative outlet, and I just happened to be browsing on /r/startrek when I saw a post about this place. I've never really done an RPG or sim-- but I really enjoy writing, and I love Star Trek, so I figured- why not?

My Character is Charlie Knox, a human male. Looking forward to playing with you all! 

Welcome to the fleet you guys! You'll have lots of fun simming with us! Glad you guys found this rabbit hole :)

Ensign German Galven

Science Officer

USS Veritas NC-95035

V239507GG0

Galven S4U1 banner.png

Edited by German Galven

Hello!

My name is MIke! My character's name is "Cogsley." I am originally from Boise, Idaho. I currently work in aviation, and I'm also halfway through Grad School! I'm a little worried about sorting through all of this. The amount of emails I've gotten has been staggering...  At any rate, I'm going to try my best and I'm looking forward to this!

Edit: Any tips for keeping it all sorted?

Edited by Cogsley