June 15 is the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Welcome everyone.

Hello,

My name is Billy, and I'm from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. I'm a passionate geek. Love Star Trek. My favorite series is Deep Space 9. Something about how political that series was, and the advanced tactics and maneuvers in the battles. Plus actually seeing more space battles than the other shows.

I'm also a big fan of video games, and pen and paper RPGs I've dabbled in some RPing in World Of Warcraft. Been trying to get into creative writing, and making short stories, but lack the time.

I saw this group advertised on Facebook and thought it would be a great way to exercise my writing skills.

Welcome Billy!

Happy you found us :D 

Welcome welcome! :D

Woot woot! Another Canadian! :D

I think you'll find this game perfect for bite-sized creative output. It really does scratch all the itches. Creative writing, role playing, social interaction, Star Trek immersion, we're a one-stop shop for all your needs! Good luck in your Academy class, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

• Like 1

Woohoo, welcome Billy! Great to have you :)

Welcome to Starbase 118. Just tell you that I've been around for about fourteen years and still enjoying it. I hope to see you around on any of our ships!

Greetings every one,

I'm Vladimir and I'm one of the latest newbies here. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and I've been involved with Star Trek/Star Wars/Sci-Fi for a while. I hope that I won't make too much of a fool on here and I look forward to interacting with you all.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, I'm sure it's going to be great.  You've found a good group of people.

On 20/12/2017 at 11:41 PM, Ragnos said:

Greetings every one,

I'm Vladimir and I'm one of the latest newbies here. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and I've been involved with Star Trek/Star Wars/Sci-Fi for a while. I hope that I won't make too much of a fool on here and I look forward to interacting with you all.

Ahh yes. You're the Trucker. I hope all that ELD mandate stuff is not hurting us too much.

Welcome. Glad to be simming with ya 

Edited by Wilhelm Bosworth

Ok here goes....

Nice to meet you all im Jason most people know me as Jase. Im from the Uk and pretty much grew up on Star Trek TNG. 

I really enjoy writing and really dont do it enough, this is the first time ive done this kind of RP so be nice. Haha

I work in retail which takes up most of time but look forward to getting to know everyone. 

• Like 1

Star Trek, writing, and retail?  Ah, a tune I know well!

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Hi

I'm Travis (Character Derik Mulligan), I'm an Aussie but I live Near Vancouver in Canada. I do ski patrol up in the Mountains. Was rambling through facebook and saw a post for this and thought hey this could be a laugh. Never done anything thing like this, never played D&D but always wanted to give it a try. My partner is a bigger Star Trek fan, But I've been enjoying watching the series with them. Currently going through DS9, but we've watched Next Gen and Voyager together.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Derik Mulligan said:

Hi

I'm Travis (Character Derik Mulligan), I'm an Aussie but I live Near Vancouver in Canada. I do ski patrol up in the Mountains. Was rambling through facebook and saw a post for this and thought hey this could be a laugh. Never done anything thing like this, never played D&D but always wanted to give it a try. My partner is a bigger Star Trek fan, But I've been enjoying watching the series with them. Currently going through DS9, but we've watched Next Gen and Voyager together.

Welcome! Glad you found us.

Hehe I've exposed my partner to Star Trek as well, first with Voyager, and then Enterprise, followed by the other series. Hes never gotten into it as much as I would have hoped though ;)

16 minutes ago, Brell said:

Welcome! Glad you found us.

Hehe I've exposed my partner to Star Trek as well, first with Voyager, and then Enterprise, followed by the other series. Hes never gotten into it as much as I would have hoped though ;)

Thanks for the welcome,

I remember watching Next gen as a kid with my dad, but never really took too much in. Recently we just noticed it's all on Netflix and we just sat down and started watch from start to end. She watched Enterprise the whole way through and I sat down for most of the episode with her

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Derik Mulligan said:

I'm an Aussie but I live Near Vancouver in Canada. I do ski patrol up in the Mountains.

Hey, virtual neighbor! :)

The second biggest resort is in my back yard, but all the hills in BC are pretty darned good, so I'm glad you've come out this way to hang out!

Don't worry about never doing anything like UFOP:SB118 before, we have a comprehensive yet easy and fun training program to get you up to speed in no time. All you need is some enthusiasm and a willingness to enjoy yourself, and you'll do just fine. Hope to see you out and about in the Fleet soon!

On 12/19/2011 at 9:46 PM, Danny Wilde said:

It sounds absolutely revolting. I'm with Chris on this one - chips and gravy (we northerners know our gravies...) or chips and cheese. Never together, you crazy Cannucks. Never! Mind you, we English can't talk. We have the likes of bubble and squeak and bread and dripping.

I did chuckle at the way Tracey said 'brown gravy'. There I was thinking that the Canadian delicacy involved green gravy laugh.png

This is old I know but I just saw an article about bubble and squeak.
The writer, who says its used in the royal nursery, says that they put things like broccoli into the mashed potatoes as a way to introduce new vegetables.
Sounded good ... though I'd use fresh, not old.

I'm Remy and I live in the Eastern US where we are having a brief respite from single digit temperatures.
My brother is a huge Star Trek fan. We tried playing the Star Trek version of trivial pursuit with him because some one bought it for him as a joke.
He ran the table. Literally.
So far, I've watched the original series, The Next Generation and Voyager. Tried to watch Enterprise but stalled about halfway through. 
And just started working on DS9.  I found this place through a Google search when someone mentioned the idea of roleplay by email.
Course, he does it in a forum and its based on My Little Pony of all things (I was shocked, shocked I tell you - but apparently, in his world, pony hooves can do everything hands can do.)
While that didn't interest me, Star Trek did. And so, here I am.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Remy.  Happy to have you!

• Like 1

My name is Randall Watson, a proud graduate of Eastern Kentucky University in my home town of Richmond, Kentucky (GO COLONELS!!!!)

Character name is Rand Coriolis.

Race: Bajoran/Cardassian. Rand for the most part looks like a Bajoran but he does have brow ridges and a slight spoon at his forehead, and his Bajoran nose ridges are a bit more recessed than most Bajorans. He also has neck ridges as well.

Due to an explosion in a Uridium ore processor on Terok Nor, Cori is blind and he has green ocular implants like Geordi LaForge uses.

Career Path: Helm/Flight control, his minor at the academy was propulsion engineering.

Cori is very slow to trust and prefers to be called Rand, he also has little to no use for the Bajoran religon.

• Like 1

Welcome, Rand. I'm (relatively) new myself and I have to say, this is a great group.
And speaking in character -- Live long and prosper!

Welcome aboard.

Can't wait to see you around the fleet.

Hi Everyone, I am Gary character name Ferier an unjoined Trill

looking forward to interacting with email rpg again 

10 hours ago, Ferier said:

Hi Everyone, I am Gary character name Ferier an unjoined Trill

looking forward to interacting with email rpg again 

Training starts tomorrow – big class! Enjoy :)

Hey there, 

So I'm Abbas, brand new to this style of RPG in general as we as to this particular one. Currently in North Carolina but I've lived in Montana, Mexico, New Orleans and Virginia. 

Found the group via Facebook ads. I suppose some bot out there ID'd my interests and sent Starbase 118 my way and I bit. Really excited for an excuse to write as well as play. 

My character's name is Marcus Wrader, Magna Roman. Still jamming the details for his back story and all before training kicks off. 

As for work... I work for the government but I promise I'm not here to spy

• Like 1