• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Welcome to the group everyone!

Jaxton don't worry about the PBeM thing. Before this group the only writing I ever did were reports and a couple thesis papers for school. The academy really preps you for it and you'll find it all gets easier and you get better at it over time. The fact that you already have some kind of writing RP experience will likely mean you have an even easier time with everything.

Hi guys, my name is David (go figure, lol) I currently work in IT and live in the Pensacola, FL area.

16 hours ago, David Martel said:

Hi guys, my name is David (go figure, lol) I currently work in IT and live in the Pensacola, FL area.

Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy training :)

Hello everyone. My name is Stephen and I'm from Texas. I am a former Corrections Officer and am currently living my dream of being a Private Investigator. I will be playing a stuffy ol' Vulcan physician. As you can see from my avatar, I'm not trained in any kind of Photoshop techniques, but would like to get one of the sweet avatars ya'll have. :D I have been trying to get into simming since the late 90's, but never really found a crew or ship that made me feel like I was "home." I hope to find that here. I'm not the greatest writer, but judging from what I have seen in your wiki pages/bios, I am in august company. I'm looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard, Sakur!  Speaking of stuffy Vulcan physicians, when you meet Saveron, don't let him influence you too much.  ;)

I mean, of all the Vulcans on that ship, he is probably still the best role model. But that's not saying very much. :D

Haha, thanks all! I was suprised with how many Vulcans I saw on the ship manifests. I'm enjoying my training atm, and can't wait to get into the fleet proper.

Good luck with training! I hope you enjoy it and that it goes well! :)

(I now have the urge to submit an application to run a Vulcan-only ship. You'd think that they wouldn't generate enough drama for a proper RP setting but you would be entirely wrong.)

Edited by catscatscats
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:35 AM, catscatscats said:

(I now have the urge to submit an application to run a Vulcan-only ship. You'd think that they wouldn't generate enough drama for a proper RP setting but you would be entirely wrong.)

Now THAT does sound like fun ... 

Indeed. I have always been fascinated by Vulcan only ships since I watched the old TOS episode that talkes about the USS Intrepid and the T'Kumbra in DS9.

- Mess hall quieter than your average library

- Always a queue for the 3D chess board in the lounge

- 90% of crew members have the same two haircuts

- literally everybody knows what's up when you take two weeks' leave to go home because nobody ever takes leave otherwise

- non Vulcan admirals hate visiting because the temperature is always cranked up high and there's no alcohol, anywhere

- nobody knows why there is a baseball team but everyone just accepts it because apparently it's some sort of tradition now??

Ok, yeah, if I ever get to Captain, I'm totally going to try and do this.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 10:19 PM, Sakur said:

As you can see from my avatar, I'm not trained in any kind of Photoshop techniques, but would like to get one of the sweet avatars ya'll have. :D

Welcome! Once you finish training you can request one in the Graphics Request forum

19 hours ago, catscatscats said:

- Mess hall quieter than your average library

- Always a queue for the 3D chess board in the lounge

- 90% of crew members have the same two haircuts

- literally everybody knows what's up when you take two weeks' leave to go home because nobody ever takes leave otherwise

- non Vulcan admirals hate visiting because the temperature is always cranked up high and there's no alcohol, anywhere

- nobody knows why there is a baseball team but everyone just accepts it because apparently it's some sort of tradition now??

Ok, yeah, if I ever get to Captain, I'm totally going to try and do this.

I was reading a book about the nuances of Japanese culture back when Samurai strode the land. I was wondering if the subtleties of a culture where everyone works hard to be polite would apply to Vulcan culture? Two people can think about something logically and come to different conclusions based on their own set of experiences and knowledge. Suppose that happened? how would that be expressed in roleplay? I was thinking there could be those same sorts of subtleties (maybe microexpressions?). Is that possible?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zoe Cade said:

I was reading a book about the nuances of Japanese culture back when Samurai strode the land. I was wondering if the subtleties of a culture where everyone works hard to be polite would apply to Vulcan culture? Two people can think about something logically and come to different conclusions based on their own set of experiences and knowledge. Suppose that happened? how would that be expressed in roleplay? I was thinking there could be those same sorts of subtleties (maybe microexpressions?). Is that possible?

I had a situation similar to this with Choi's player a few months ago. It was great fun. It went like this:

Choi (human): Okay, I'm super uncomfortable, so I'm going to be curt and civil to try and wrap this interaction up.

T'Reshik (vulcan): What a respectful and efficient human. We shall be best friends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, catscatscats said:

I had a situation similar to this with Choi's player a few months ago. It was great fun. It went like this:

Choi (human): Okay, I'm super uncomfortable, so I'm going to be curt and civil to try and wrap this interaction up.

T'Reshik (vulcan): What a respectful and efficient human. We shall be best friends.

Okay ... I love this.
And I think it would be great fun to write those sorts of interactions between two Vulcans. 

Hey all,

My name is Gabby. I live in the great state of New York, and I found this group by chance! I saw an ad on a related Star Trek page, and I couldn't resist exploring. Now I find myself enthralled by the possibilities. I am currently an unofficial student of the written word...

• Like 3

*deep breath* Hi guys. I'm Izzy. I'm from the UK and I'm a journalist, writer, streamer and larper.

I was invited into joining by a larp pal of mine who knew I was jonesing for some more Trek in my life. It's been many many years since I did text based RP online, so I'm kinda nervous. But really keen to do well. Uh.. thanks for having me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shyarly Wolfsbane said:

Hey all,

My name is Gabby. I live in the great state of New York, and I found this group by chance! I saw an ad on a related Star Trek page, and I couldn't resist exploring. Now I find myself enthralled by the possibilities. I am currently an unofficial student of the written word...

Hi Gabby, and welcome to SB118! We're so glad you found our group, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with just how close-knit a community we have here. Even though a predisposition to writing isn't a requirement thanks to our first-rate training program, it doesn't hurt to love to write :)  Enjoy your training, and we look forward to having you join us!

14 minutes ago, T'Venna said:

*deep breath* Hi guys. I'm Izzy. I'm from the UK and I'm a journalist, writer, streamer and larper.

I was invited into joining by a larp pal of mine who knew I was jonesing for some more Trek in my life. It's been many many years since I did text based RP online, so I'm kinda nervous. But really keen to do well. Uh.. thanks for having me.

Welcome to SB118, Izzy! It's great that you were invited to join our group, we're all very happy that you decided to take the plunge! It was many years for me between my previous play-by-email roleplay and when I joined SB118 3 years ago, and like you, I was nervous about my inexperience. The training program is so great, however, that my fears were allayed immediately. I truly think it'll be the same for you! :)  Sit back, have fun during training, and in no time you'll be writing like a pro. We look forward you having you join us!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Maxwell Traenor said:

Welcome to SB118, Izzy! It's great that you were invited to join our group, we're all very happy that you decided to take the plunge! It was many years for me between my previous play-by-email roleplay and when I joined SB118 3 years ago, and like you, I was nervous about my inexperience. The training program is so great, however, that my fears were allayed immediately. I truly think it'll be the same for you! :)  Sit back, have fun during training, and in no time you'll be writing like a pro. We look forward you having you join us!

Thanks for the welcome! ^_^ I'm just super keen to get started. I knew I should have applied during a weekend. I feel like it's the first day of school all over again!

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, T'Venna said:

Welcome! I'm new here myself. You know, I was nervous going into the Academy and nervous when I was assigned to a ship ... but there really wasn't any need. Everyone I've met has been very welcoming and easy to talk to ... so, relax and have some fun. Its a great group. Seriously.

• Thanks 2

IT'S AN IZZY!!!!

Hello! Welcome to the fleet! I am so glad you applied :) And while we've all been through that initial bout of nervousness, I don't see you needing to worry - having LARPed with you, I'm sure whichever ship you end up on will be privileged to have you as a roleplayer :)

• Like 1

No need to be nervous! Our training program is all about making mistakes and getting used to how things work :D