June 15 is the 25th anniversary of our community's founding in 1994.
Join our celebratory thread to tell us what you love about our community, what you've learned as a member, or what keeps you here! 🎉🎊

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Welcome! Hope you enjoy training :wolfy:

• Like 1

Hey guys! 

Some if you may have already chatted to me on Discord last night but just a general introduction to me,before I start a write up I'm my character on the other forum page. 

My name is Ryan,I'm 21 and I'm from the UK! I've done a lot of world travelling with my parents who are in the military,who first introduced me to ST and anything else you can consider nerdsy at a very young age. 

I'm a writer a poet,who tours and performs in local venues and gigs while writing a book alongside and have only taken a break while I take a newly diagnosed condition in to perspective and recover,taking time and home to this. 

I found this community accidently and as a lover of star trek,just appealed to me to try something new and have fun while I recover ,while developing a new network of friends..hopefully! 

I'll be playing as Francis Ryan, a Human Male and very excited to start training on Tuesday.I hope I fit in to the fleet well! 

Thanks for listening x

• Like 1

Welcome, glad to have you! Looking forward to reading Starfleet poetry :P

Ah, I've been looking for this topic, lol!

About time i introduce myself. Ça va, my name is Sophie (it's pronounced So-fee, not Sow-fe, like you anglos like it :p), I'm 26, and currently live in Geneva (well, not really, but close, because it's mad expensive), though I'm originally from Nice. I have done some travelling, but not nearly as much as I'd like to.

I've been a long time Star Trek fan. In fact, the Star Trek thing is kind of incidental. I'm a fan of all things space. Well, I'm actually a fan of all things that involve "boldly going where no man has gone before". My greatest sadness is that I was born too late to explore the Earth and too early to explore space, haha. I actually started watching Star Trek a bit late, in my teens, and it was love at first sight. I just love how it captures the "everything is possible" reality of the universe. Some people might say that "reality" and star trek have nothing to do with each other, but i disagree. The universe is too big a place (or places, according to the latest evidence) to be bound by what humans think is "possible", and Star Trek portrays that very well. From parallel worlds to spaceborne lifeforms and everything in between, Star Trek has explored it all, and that's why I love it.

That said, I HATE TOS (sorry, my generation is far too used to ACTUAL special effects, plus, seeing CRTs in space just breaks the immersion, hahaha) :p. Ok, I don't hate it, I just...Don't like it, lol, though again, I love the universe it's set in. My favorite series so far is Deep Space Nine, though I'm looking forward to Discovery. I also really like TNG, but I don't like how everything is "perfect" on it. As Sisko said, " Do you know what the trouble is? The trouble is Earth-on Earth there is no poverty, no crime, no war. You look out the window of Starfleet Headquarters and you see paradise. It's easy to be a saint in paradise, but the Maquis do not live in paradise. Out there in the demilitarized zone all the problems haven't been solved yet". That seems like a more... realistic (I know, lol) view of what a huge interstellar federation would be. But I digress.

I used to simm back in the day (not here though, mostly in a French language group), but I've been away for a long while. My interest got reignited lately, after playing an interactive fiction that reminded me quite a bit of the ST universe, and that's how I got here.

Wow, I'm babbling. LOL.

Anyway, glad to be here!

• Like 4

Welcome, and glad to have you with us! I think you'll find that there are lots of folks who are not huge fans of TOS, although they appreciate their context in the larger universe :) 

Hi there! My name is Carl, I live in Marshall, TX, near the Louisiana border, with my long time partner, Brandon, and our three dogs. I have been a Trek RPGer for many years now, though this will be my first PBeM, and found this place through one of the sites I write on, the USS Elysium over at Obsidian Fleet. I work from home as a tech support agent, and have lots of free time, so looking forward to getting to know you guys, and writing some awesome stories with you all!

• Like 3

Welcome towards the Community @Torak ,  this is a great community that will help you in any way required :) 

• Like 1

Welcome! Hope you find it welcoming here :)

Howdy, gang.

My name's Ryan. These days I work as a Service agent for the Apple Online Store, resolving those shipping issues that happen sometimes and fielding the very angry calls that happens when they do. I live with my brothers in sunny and inhumanly humid south Florida, where we entertain ourselves with a seemingly endless array of video games, bad movies, and elaborate meals.

I actually wrote for the fleet a few times before, and I can't seem to get away from writing characters with speech quirks. My first was a Selayan named Ssam Canaan, with the full on sssssibilancessss. Then I played an Iotian named Nickels for a long time (I also have kind of a thing for the goofier Trek episodes, clearly), and this new character is a Bringloidi/Mariposan with the complete vaudeville Irish accent.

I'm looking forward to some adventures in space and time and sometimes both!

• Like 2

Welcome Ryan towards the Community, my brother works as Technical second line in the Netherlands for Apple :) Always fun for him *coughs* Enjoy your time here!

Hello everyone! I'm Brandon, I live in the Chicago area. I used to write as Jack Shepard back in my late teens and tried to get back in the swing of things as Scott.  It just didn't work out with military.  I have been out of the Navy for a few years and drill in the National Guard one weekend a month.  My full time job is a police officer in a decent sized town.  I'm looking forward to get the creative juices going again with a totally new character.  Hope to sim with you all again soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, O'Conner said:

Hello everyone! I'm Brandon, I live in the Chicago area. I used to write as Jack Shepard back in my late teens and tried to get back in the swing of things as Scott.  It just didn't work out with military.  I have been out of the Navy for a few years and drill in the National Guard one weekend a month.  My full time job is a police officer in a decent sized town.  I'm looking forward to get the creative juices going again with a totally new character.  Hope to sim with you all again soon.

Welcome back! :D

• Like 1

Hello! I generally go by Jo, and I'm pretty excited to have found this group; I've done a lot of roleplaying before, but never anything to do with the Star Trek universe.

I'm from the Netherlands, so English is definitely not my first language, but I feel I can work with it pretty well as it's used in most of my classes. I don't have a job yet, but I spend most of my rare free time on drawing (see icon :)) and RPing. I'm looking forward to working with the character I made for here, and developing it a bit! 

• Like 3

Hej Hej- I'm Allie- I played Liani, and will be playing Liani again in the very near future.  It's good to be back and I look forward to writing with you all again.

• Like 3

Welcome back to @O'Conner and @alliepan and welcome to @Shrega it's great to have you all here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shrega said:

Hello! I generally go by Jo, and I'm pretty excited to have found this group; I've done a lot of roleplaying before, but never anything to do with the Star Trek universe.

I'm from the Netherlands, so English is definitely not my first language, but I feel I can work with it pretty well as it's used in most of my classes. I don't have a job yet, but I spend most of my rare free time on drawing (see icon :)) and RPing. I'm looking forward to working with the character I made for here, and developing it a bit! 

Couple other folks from the Netherlands here – you're in good company! 

Welcome, all! :wolfy:

Hello! I'm Michael, from Toronto, Ontario! I'm a writer/journalist and a long-time RPer. I used to do forum roleplaying when I was in high school, and I've always wanted to find a good text roleplay community, so thrilled to have StarBase 118 introduced to me. I'm currently DMing two D&D 5e homebrew campaigns, and one of my players showed me the sight after our last session. Really excited to get started!

• Like 2

Welcome Michael! Glad to have you with us. 

Enjoy! Glad to have you with us :)

Hello, new member here! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I prefer to just go by J, and as any of my friends could tell you, I am a proud nerd. I really enjoy talking about academics, science fiction, computers, philosophy, and pretty much any other subject imaginable. I live in north Texas, and graduated high school early, and decided to jump into college at a community college for a few semesters before applying to a larger university. I currently am and always have dreamed of a career in the sciences, barring space exploration (I'm deathly afraid of heights).

• Like 2

Welcome! We're glad you found us!! :) 

• Like 1

Add another nerd to the collective! Welcome :D

• Like 1