• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Hello, everyone! I'm Tony and I'll be starting my training here tomorrow. :)

Welcome! Hope you enjoy training.

How'd you hear about us?

Welcome to the group Tony :) Enjoy your training.

How'd you hear about us?

One of your current players told me about the game and I thought it sounded like fun. :)

How'd you hear about us?

One of your current players told me about the game and I thought it sounded like fun. :)

Sounds awesome! :) Who was it who introduced you?

Howdy Y'all! My name is Spooky (yep, my nickname goin' waaaay back) and I live in the over-baked state of Texas. I grew up with Star Trek as a staple in my family and remember role-playing avidly as a kid and in college. I found this site while searching for a new role play to have fun with. Much like my Trek Character Sera Kell, I have degrees in Anthropology and History...sadly my university did not have Xeno-Anth as a major, but oh well. You take what you can get, lol. IRL I work at a museum and tutor Japanese exchange students in English. I also practice Costuming and Martial Arts in my spare time.

Can't wait to start playing!

Hello hello! You're scheduled for Monday -- hopefully there's plenty of read and learn about before then :) Welcome!

Welcome!

When I think working at a museum, all I can think of is Night at the Museum :sweating:

Anyway, happy to have you here! I hope you enjoy your time in the Academy!

Hi everyone,

I'm Matt and I live in the Blue Mountains in NSW Australia.

I work in retail at a petrol station and I found this site through Google.

Looking forward to learning and playing here, don't know a great deal about Star Trek but keen to give it a go.

Cheers

:)

• Like 2

Welcome! We've had quite a few players come to us who don't know a lot about Trek but that's okay, you learn as you go. Everyone here is very friendly and understanding so I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

• Like 1

Mattheus,

Greetings from another fellow Aussie living in the future! I'm from Rockhampton QLD.

I'm jealous of you living in the Blue Mountains. It is a beautiful country!

Glad you could make it here, and I'm glad that I won't be outnumbered as much!!

Don't worry about not knowing heaps about Star Trek, we can all help you with that. Plus, we have a great wiki and heaps of resources if you get stuck.

Looking forward to having you with us!

• Like 2

"Maayong adlaw - (have) a nice day), I'd like to say Hello.

I recently joined SB118 and read up on what to do and now that I'm now accepted for training as a cadet, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Cameron, but you can call me Cam. The Monterey Peninsula is my home, but currently living in the City of Marina. I'm married with three grown sons, and three grandchildren. I've never played any of the games, HALO, GOW, COD, Battlefield or whatever there is for you guys to play. But recently I decided to join Starfleet International, and play the part of a Security Officer. Its kind of strange that some years ago I had found SB118, but decided at the time that it wasn't for me, so now here I am, a retired Federal Government Employee whose background is in Law Enforcement.

But now I"m writing a SciFiction book, or short story, and decided that maybe SB118 would be another outlet for my creative mind.

I am simming for a new cadet called "T'Mir Duhaylungsod", who's half Elasian (TOS "The Elaan of Troyois"), and Human of Filipino background. My character is somewhat of a hardass, more into the warrior phase, and as a woman, she has this haughty attitude, thinks men are only meant to be a contributor of DNA, and to make it interesting; she's also Transgendered, which bothers her, Since she comes from a Warrior Culture. Anyway, she's statuesque; standing at around 6'7", and weighs around 395 lbs, and can bench press around 350 lbs. But she does have some endearing qualities, she likes animals, even a pet rodent is great, she's also a big ham when she gets drunk, and sometimes when she's kind of sad, she tends to be maternal wanting to be a mother to most of her friends and even classmates...

Anyway, I'm hoping to grow T'mir through my association with SB118... :>

Edited by Cadet T'Mer

Welcome! Thanks for sharing the very interesting background with us :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Corena and I'm from Raleigh, NC USA. I moved here a year ago from Olympia, WA USA and I'm still not used to the weather. Anyway, I'm 44 years old and a single mother of two grown boys. By day I am a nurse and work Monday through Friday. I thought it would be a good idea to find a Pbem sim to relax in the evenings. I played one a very long time ago. It was a fantasy setting and I don't really recall how it was formatted. I enjoy nearly all the Star Trek series (minus the original) and thought this would be an interesting setting to explore my writing skills. I'll just say this now....it's been a very long time since I have had grammar...so forgive my lack of skill in the sentence structuring. :) I look forward to writing with each of you. See ya on board or on the station!

Corena

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

My name is Corena and I'm from Raleigh, NC USA. I moved here a year ago from Olympia, WA USA and I'm still not used to the weather. Anyway, I'm 44 years old and a single mother of two grown boys. By day I am a nurse and work Monday through Friday. I thought it would be a good idea to find a Pbem sim to relax in the evenings. I played one a very long time ago. It was a fantasy setting and I don't really recall how it was formatted. I enjoy nearly all the Star Trek series (minus the original) and thought this would be an interesting setting to explore my writing skills. I'll just say this now....it's been a very long time since I have had grammar...so forgive my lack of skill in the sentence structuring. :) I look forward to writing with each of you. See ya on board or on the station!

Corena

Hi there Corena!

Welcome to the Fleet! You'll love it here :). If you need any help don't hesitate to ask anyone on the forums!

Glad to have you with us! I hope you enjoy training :)

Hello all!

My name is Collin, an ex-pat American living in England. I'm finishing up the last bits of my PhD and then, well, who knows. I'm a huge nerd in general, meaning I loved sci-fi and fantasy before it was cool. I grew up preferring Star Wars to Trek, but the Lucas prequals put me off and Trek is a more fully realized world I think. Well, it's more hopeful, which I think we need in the world at the moment. Also, for the past few years I've been re-watching all the shows and movies, so getting into the world even more.

Anyway, a friend of mine who plays recommended I check out the game, as we've discussed roleplaying and Trek in the past. Really looking forward to building a character and simming with you all soon, as I've just started training.

• Like 2

Welcome, Collin! I hope you like it here!! Have fun in Training.. you never know what will happen. During mine we encountered a mist that was actually an Intelligent life form!!!

Hi All!

My name is Avi, I'm playing Shurimal Vex, an Ullian, and today is my first day of training!! (Although it's 5AM, so I may be a bit early!)

I was born in Cornwall, UK, and lived in London until a few months ago when I moved to Haifa, Israel. I hope to work in agriculture in the Negev desert, especially I'm interested in living in a self-sufficent, 'ecological' community (I guess I'm still a bit of a hippy...).

I love Star Trek, I love writing, so when I found SB118 I was over the moon! In addition to Star Trek I also love Doctor Who, Fringe, X-Files and a host of other traditional geeky shows with a heavy science-fiction slant. One of the best scifi shows I've ever watched is an old miniseries from the BBC at the end of the '70s called The Omega Factor - it's not very well known but if anyone gets a chance to watch it I can not recommend it highly enough - many of the scifi technologies it posits have become real things and at least two of the episodes made me sleep with the light on they were so scary! It is the original X-Files!

I'm a BIG Elder Scrolls and Fallout fan, and am gutted the my computer has no chance of running Fallout 4 this November :-(

Having lurked in the forums for the past few days, I'm super-excited to join SB118 and cannot wait to start simming with you guys, on whichever ship I end up. There is some amazing talent evinced on these boards, especially reading through the Top Sims contest winners and nominees. I hope I can improve my writing to this level as I play!

Okay, I hope this suffices for an intro, sorry if it turned into a bit of an essay!

-Avi / Shurimal Vex

Hello everyone, my name is Gene and I'm originally from the Buckeye state Ohio, but I now reside in Arcadia, Florida. Moved down here to find work and work at Tervis Tumblers. I played in many Star Trek rpgs on AOL and even ran one for a while. Took a long break and started to play again in a couple other pbem rpgs, one shut down while the other is still around. I took a second break and now it's back in the saddle again.

Hey Gene!

Will we be training together? It will be nice to have an experienced simmer aboard! :-)

Can't wait to start writing with you and everyone else! I hope we have a great week together!

Welcome to both of you! Glad to have you with us.

There will be two classes starting tomorrow, so you may or may not be in the same class.