• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Hello all,

My name is Colin, and I live in the eastern United States where I work as a police detective. I have simmed, on and off, for the better part of fifteen years. I have simmed just about every duty station, and I have (probably fairly poorly) commanded several ships at some point. In my time I have sadly seen several groups meet their demise, though I can honestly say I have never seen a community so active and with so many resources.

I am definitely a Star Trek fan (DS-9 then TNG, personally), though my biggest interest is creative writing, which has always been my go-to passtime. I'm thrilled to have found you all, and hopefully I can help contribute a little to this great community!

What a nice thing to say. Hope we continue to impress you, and that you'll let us know ways we can improve :wolfy:

Welcome!

Welcome Colin, thanks for introducing yourself. It's great to have you here and I hope you really enjoy simming with us! :)

Character: Frank Evelyn Lynn

Real name: Never used as I am a Jr. In my home town, known as 'Handsome' (for the same reason that the bald janitor was called 'Curly', the fat kid was labeled 'Slim', and the town slowpoke was nicknamed 'Speedy'). After leaving home, received strange looks when requesting people to 'Call me Handsome'. Now, generally known as Paco. [At this point, I must admit to a failure in creativity. As the Spanish speakers among you know, Paco = Frank, my character's name.]

Learned about UFOP:SB118 from a Google search for sci-fi RPGs. I was initially impressed, but it has taken me about six months to get up the nerve to apply. You all seem so well organized as well as dedicated; I'm not sure I am capable of achieving that level. This is my first attempt at simming.

What I do: Teach. Professionally (languages, science, ...), but also because teaching is a central part of my personality. If I know something and someone wants to learn (guitar, computers, sports, ...), a teaching instinct takes over.

Learned about UFOP:SB118 from a Google search for sci-fi RPGs. I was initially impressed, but it has taken me about six months to get up the nerve to apply. You all seem so well organized as well as dedicated; I'm not sure I am capable of achieving that level. This is my first attempt at simming.

Don't worry about it -- training will teach you everything you need to know. And there's a lot of resources found here: http://www.starbase118.net/cadets/ -- which not only go in depth about writing, but all Star Trek and anything else you need to know.

I'm sure you'll do fine!

Have fun, and just remember to ask questions. Trainers, your First Officer, and Captain, are there to help you have a good time and make sure that you integrate into the community with minimal fuss and stress. Our goal is to make you a long-time member, and hopefully a commanding officer some day if that's what you want, so anything we can do to help make this more fun is what we want to help with :wolfy:

When I joined this group in 2011 it was also my first attempt at simming. I hadn't done any creative writing of any kind for close to a decade at a guess. So it really felt like learning from the ground up. I too have the same kind of nerves as you do but honestly, you couldn't find a more accepting and welcoming group. We're very very newbie friendly and you will pick it up. You will have as much guidance and support as you need.

So welcome to the fleet! I'm confident that you'll really enjoy it here!

Hey there,

My name is Louie, and I live in Michigan-land; home of the Great Lakes and pot-holes.. I've been simming since 1993 via Prodigy, and then on AOL. (Yes, that long.)

My character's name is Devin Hauser.

Hey there,

My name is Louie, and I live in Michigan-land; home of the Great Lakes and pot-holes.. I've been simming since 1993 via Prodigy, and then on AOL. (Yes, that long.)

Me too! I wonder if we met somewhere in the past ;)

Hey there,

Me too! I wonder if we met somewhere in the past ;)

Wolf does sound familiar, but AOL in the mid to late 90's went through a "wolf" phase. I recall a ton of "silverwolfs" as well. I do recall a Wolf with gaming in AOL. I was with the Online Simulations Association for a while and then the short-lived ISC. Did a few FSF games, too. My screen name was Scifi41675.

Hi All!

I'm Ray.

I've begun playing Kala Maddox. She was a character I created a long time ago and never got to satisfactorily explore.

I live on the border of Indiana/Illinois.

I heard about the group through a pbm website, don't remember which one.

I currently work in a group home for special needs children.

I hope to bring a great addition to the impressive history of this sim!

Welcome to the fleet Ray

we look forward to your additions to our fleet..

take a look around and enjoy...

Welcome welcome! I'm sure you'll love it :)

Hello. In real life my name is Stephen, and I work as an editor for Masters theses and doctoral dissertations (that means I have to look through all of the research that has been done and make sure that it is accurately paraphrased or quoted, in addition to correcting grammar and all of that, plus recommending a better way to say things). I live in the beautiful Bluegrass area of Kentucky. This is race horse country, and the horses are amazing and beautiful. But we say that Kentucky is the home of beautiful horses and fast women. This is also the part of Kentucky where bourbon is distilled.

I just joined, and I'm looking very much forward to playing with everyone. Six or seven years ago, I had a very negative experience with Star Trek simming, and decided that I wouldn't do it ever again. But I got the itch again, and so I spent several weeks online looking at different ST rpg sites, and this one looked the most inviting. I am very hopeful that this new experience will be a very positive one, and something I can take pleasure in doing.

• Like 2

Welcome Stephen. I come from Scotland and it's very nice to meet you. It's a shame that a negative experience put you off for so long but it's great that you're here and giving simming another go! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we do! :)

Hi Mr. Stonestreet, we are glad to have you with us! :) Hope you enjoy siming with us as much a I do! :)

Hello everyone! My name is Angelina, I am a soon to be Junior in High School. I am currently 17 years old with a big obsession with Star Trek. I am from Ohio so my timezone is EST and I have been roleplaying for quite a while and I wanted to give a chance to a group, I stumbled upon this site through google and I am very excited about joining!

As far as work I am hoping to open up commissions for my artwork this summer. Though for the most part I just am a full time student, having both AP and college classes to work on. Summer is coming up soon and then I will need something to do to pass the time!

My characters name is Lyra Foster and I am very happy to meet all of you! May take a bit for me to get used to forums though! :D

• Like 1

Welcome to the Fleet, Lyra! :)

:D Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am definitely looking forward to becoming involved in the roleplay. Though I am a tad confused. I found a thread where it was your character (in this case Lyra) waiting to get on board but I can't find it at the moment. x.x I am sure I will get used to this forum organization but since I am rather new...there is bound to be some confusion. ;u;'