• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Hi there, my name is Will, I live in England, near Norwich which is in East Anglia. I found the group whilst looking through the interwebs for simming groups, and your website was probably the best I looked at (and definitely one of the best I've seen in the simming world) and I work in The Arts industry, doing stuff like events management and the like, but unfortunately I'm currently unemployed.

And this is a photograph of myself.
485580_461713250579784_2089710124_n.jpg

Welcome, Will. Glad to have you with us. Thanks for the great compliments, we really appreciate it! Hope you enjoy your time here :wolfy:

Hi! My name is Dana, a returning past player but it feels like my first day anyway. Leaving wasn't my choice, but I'm glad to see 118's thrived and that so many faces and names I remember are still here.

About me, then. I'm 39, in the USA up in Northern Minnesota. Originally from St. Louis (miss me some toasted ravioli). Bit of a homemaker and have been fiending for collaberative writing of quality for a while. I've been part of two other groups that matched my experience here, from differing IPs, so I'm greatly looking forward to the coming days and hope that I can...at the very least...help to support that very quality. I've worked as a freelance journalist, endeavor to be one of the last people on Earth able to say "Let's step into the library" at my home and mean it, and generally hop about from subject matter to subject matter following the trail of stuff I don't already know (you can't know it all, but that doesn't keep you from trying).

Of course, I also look forward to meeting/remeeting everyone and sharing the fun!

Hi Dana! Welcome back to the group! It's great to have you back and hopefully you'll have every bit as much fun as you remember if not more. :)

Welcome back!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a quick moment and introduce myself. My name is Ryan King and I sim for the newly graduated Ensign and HCO officer aboard the U.S.S. Excalibur-A, Daniel Underwood.

I'm originally from Sacramento, California where after a few years of getting my act together, I attended junior college and transferred and graduated from U.C. Berkeley. I now reside in Washington, D.C. where I work in communications for Congress. ::Ducks the rotten eggs.:: I came across the group on a google search and remembered the fun I had simming for other groups in the past.

Many thanks for the awesome welcome, I look forward to the experience!

Edited by RyKingM

Welcome to the group! It's great to have you here and get to know a little about you. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here and make a lot of great friends. :)

Hello everybody,

I'm a old player. I like very much to play sci fi PBEM games and love the startrek universe. I work and study real science on real life and will try to add some stuffs to my posts on science. I also love conspiracy plots and my character have alwas a dubious behavior. I played in several games before for some time but I need to improve a lot my writing style and english grammar. So I am counting with you all to help me with those. It´s good to be back.

Cya

• Like 3

Welcome back! It's great to have you here and i'm sure that you'll have a lot of fun and learn a loads too. :D

Welcome back! It's great to have you here and i'm sure that you'll have a lot of fun and learn a loads too. :D

Thanks Reinard. To be sincere with you the idea of USS Darwin, as a pure science vessel simulation, was my reason to return to SB118. I expected to have to honor to be part of your crew. Cya.

Hello everyone! My name is Alex, I'm making my possibly-glorious return to Starbase 118 after more than a year hiatus. I am a Californian, born an raised and am currently attending college at LCAD. I have been an avid and active artist and author for years now and continue to hone my crafts. Like most in Game Art, I am up at stupid hours of the night/day. If you add me to skype or keep up tabs via email, you will see just how stupid it can get. Currently, I work at a gun range close to where I live and go to school. It is a fun job and it has taught me a lot [as well as paying great] and it is fun to say "I work with guns" in such an anti-gun state and see people freak out.

Anywho, I look forward to playing with you all soon.

NOTE: Unfortunately i edited the wrong part of my profile and have changed my "Name". As this can't be changed for 30 days it will display as is. I apologize for display my over eager greeness to you all. My Profile and Character name is Peter Coyum. I will update my profile to reflect this as soon as the 30 day wait is over. I feel like a doofus. Then I went and misspelled the same thing on my member status! How embarrassing.

Greetings All!

I am glad to be here and am happy to be selected to Starbase118!

I have applied and been accepted to Starfleet Academy and begin my training as a Cadet this Monday 239102.03. I am looking forward to giving my all to Starfleet and hope to serve the United Federation of Planets as a Starfleet Marine but am willing to accept whatever post puts me in service to the greater good.

My RL First name is Travis. This will likely be the only time it is used as I prefer to stay in character, it will help with my writing.

I currently Live in Las Vegas.

I found Starbase118 while surfing for something specifically like this. If I had known this (simming) existed I would have looked for this outlet (Star Trek) years ago. I hope my contribution ultimately equals my excitement towards participating.

I have been a Computer Operator for several years.

On a more personal note, Star Trek has been a part of me and my outlook on life and society for as long as I can remember. My most fond memories are of me being very young and listening to my dad tell me about TOS (while watching) and what Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future must be. When TNG came out I accepted it as my own (as TOS was my fathers) and it helped give me the perspective I so desperately needed at that time in my life.

I also love role playing, it's something else i have done my whole life. The art of storytelling and writing have always eluded me but that has never stopped me from trying. I hope to share to my fullest capability here at Starbase118!

Thanks for having me and let the Storytelling begin! (well, after Cadet training).

Edited by Mathematically Improbable
  • Like 2

Welcome to the Fleet! (And welcome back, Vance and Andarai.) =)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tara. I live in beautiful Ottawa,Ontario, Canada. I am a stay at home mom ( I have a 5 1/2 year old son) who is currently finishing up my high school so I can go to college and get a degree in Early Childhood Educator, once that is complete. . . I will be branching into Autism and Behavioral Sciences :). I was told about this group from one of my best friends, so I decided (with a little bit of her persuasion) to join. I look forward to chatting with you all.

NOTE: Unfortunately i edited the wrong part of my profile and have changed my "Name". As this can't be changed for 30 days it will display as is. I apologize for display my over eager greeness to you all. My Profile and Character name is Peter Coyum. I will update my profile to reflect this as soon as the 30 day wait is over. I feel like a doofus. Then I went and misspelled the same thing on my member status! How embarrassing.

Let me know what you want your display name to be, and I'll fix it for you.

• Like 1

Let me know what you want your display name to be, and I'll fix it for you.

Awesome! Thanks! I just want my display name to be my character name, Peter Coyum. Down the road, when I get a more permanent rank than 'Cadet', I will probably want to change it again but for now that'd be great!

Thank you Admiral!

Edited by Mathematically Improbable

Done :)

• Like 1

Welcome Tara, it's great to have you here. I think you made the right choice listening to your friend and am sure you're going to have a lot of fun! :)

Hi.

Mark Ricks, passed the 'entrance exam' and will be joining in Academy Training on Monday.

Done RPG before, years ago; the dice variety, with dragons - so this is new.

Hoping I find this as enjoyable.

Edited by Ricks

Welcome, and glad to have you with us :)

Welcome Wesley, it's great to have you here with us! :)

Hello all,

My name is Colin, and I live in the eastern United States where I work as a police detective. I have simmed, on and off, for the better part of fifteen years. I have simmed just about every duty station, and I have (probably fairly poorly) commanded several ships at some point. In my time I have sadly seen several groups meet their demise, though I can honestly say I have never seen a community so active and with so many resources.

I am definitely a Star Trek fan (DS-9 then TNG, personally), though my biggest interest is creative writing, which has always been my go-to passtime. I'm thrilled to have found you all, and hopefully I can help contribute a little to this great community!