• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FltAdml. Wolf

official WELCOME! (Introduce yourself – the player! – by saying hello here!)

Welcome, luke! I'm sure you will have a great time in the Academy!

How's it going everyone? I'm Mike, and I play Kevin Marks. Hot shot pilot, and all around adrenaline junkie. ::Takes a bow::

Lol, indeed. And thank you. Somehow my old account was merged with this one. I have no idea how.

Welcome Luke and welcome back Mike :). You and I just missed each other back in November on the Starbase. Good to see you around again.

Thank you, good to see you as well. Missed you all!

Welcome Luke and welcome back Mike! Glad to have you both with us! :)

Welcome new faces :)

Hi!

I'm Jasper form the Netherlands. I was googling for a startrek RPG and ended up at this site.

I've got high expectations, I just hope you come up to them, but what I've seen and read so far.. it's fascinating! :)

I'd like to play Gor ud Gutta, a grumpy Tellarite engineer. I hope he can engage on one of those amazing ships of yours.

Oh, I'm a student and a mailman. And my main goal is to improve my English by writing and reading here. And having a good time.

I'm glad you are willing to share the star trek experience with me.

Welcome Gor!

Hope we live up to those expectations :) Training starts this Monday -- looking forward to having you join the fleet, and welcome!

Welcome, Gor! It is a great community, and some of our other members write in part to improve their English language skills. And I think we all have improved, whether it was a goal or not!

Welcome Gor!

As Ben said we've had a lot of people come to us with the same goals as yourself. I'm confident you won't be disappointed. I'm sure you'll enjoy the training class when it begins this Monday and I look forward to seeing you about the fleet! :)

Too bad he couldn't get into this class. It's going quite well I think.

I really need to brush up my navigation skills...

@Marks: Where can I read how your class is going?

I'm sure I've read the stories that took place on the Vigilant a couple days ago,

but it seems I can't return to those 'simmings'. (Is that the correct way of using the word?)

My class will start at academy1 this Monday, right? What's the difference between those academies?

Oh, and could someone give me the directions to the topic where I should ask those kind of questions? Ty. :)

I'm sure I've read the stories that took place on the Vigilant a couple days ago,

but it seems I can't return to those 'simmings'. (Is that the correct way of using the word?)

My class will start at academy1 this Monday, right? What's the difference between those academies?

Oh, and could someone give me the directions to the topic where I should ask those kind of questions? Ty. :)

Hmm, I don't think the class sims are kept anywhere but e-mail. I can forward them if you like.

You were looking for "sims"? We all participate in simming, by creating sims :)

You probably found the Vigilant sims via the Fleet Overview page. Here's the Vigilant sim archive.

The sims of current academy classes are not available except to those in the actual class. We do that so that folks can feel free to make mistakes while they're still learning.

Your class does start this coming Monday. We start classes each week, so the only difference is that there will be a new group of people in your class, as the current class will have graduated by then. (Although, you'll be on a different email list -- we rotate email lists each week in case there's some overlap between classes.)

For other questions, feel free to start a new thread in the Holodeck Training & Tutoring forum. Always happy to help!

Hmm, I don't think the class sims are kept anywhere but e-mail. I can forward them if you like.

Oh.. I'd like to read your progress so far, could you send it to: gor.udgutta@yahoo.com? Thanx!

And Admiral Wolf, thank you too. Now I'm a little bit less lost. :)

Edited by Gor

Evening, folks. My name is Cam. I currently live in the Chicago area, though that may be changing soon. I just completed work on my master's degree in professional writing and am looking to start a career as a technical writer. In the meantime, I'm working part time in a web development and publicity role at my university.

I grew up on TNG, DS9, and Voyager and have been an avid Trek fan since I first saw the TNG episode of Reading Rainbow in 1988 or so. I've developed a more recent interest in role playing games of various types, and after a friend suggested I check you guys out, I decided to sign up. I'm looking forward to training. Can't wait to see how things shape up.

• Like 1

Welcome! Glad to have you with us, and looking forward to having you in the fleet :)

Welcome to the fleet Cam. I've been with this group for two years and had the most incredible fun and i'm sure you will too.

Greetings, all. My (real) name is Lucas, and my character name is Alden Cuthbert. I currently live in Kentucky, and I'm a full-time student (about to start sophomore year in High School, so I'm only 15). I'm a huge D&D and Fantasy fan (LotR, etc), and for most of my life was a Star Wars fan (and proud of it)--only recently have I become a fan of Star Trek, through watching Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock and then his presence having me watch Into Darkness, which really spawned my conversion. I had minor experience before that, primarily through my dad making me watch TNG to experience the differences between Trek and Star Wars, and I'm still struggling with which I prefer (it is no longer clear-cut Star Wars).

I've seen some of TOS, most of TNG, and the pilot of ENT. Movie-wise, only Wrath of Khan and the new ones (the 2009 and Into Darkness). As I don't have the time to sink watching all of them (yet), if you guys have a favorite episode or movie or story arc, recommendations are welcome.

Excited to begin!

Greetings, all. My (real) name is Lucas, and my character name is Alden Cuthbert. I currently live in Kentucky, and I'm a full-time student (about to start sophomore year in High School, so I'm only 15). I'm a huge D&D and Fantasy fan (LotR, etc), and for most of my life was a Star Wars fan (and proud of it)--only recently have I become a fan of Star Trek, through watching Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock and then his presence having me watch Into Darkness, which really spawned my conversion. I had minor experience before that, primarily through my dad making me watch TNG to experience the differences between Trek and Star Wars, and I'm still struggling with which I prefer (it is no longer clear-cut Star Wars).

I've seen some of TOS, most of TNG, and the pilot of ENT. Movie-wise, only Wrath of Khan and the new ones (the 2009 and Into Darkness). As I don't have the time to sink watching all of them (yet), if you guys have a favorite episode or movie or story arc, recommendations are welcome.

Excited to begin!

Welcome, welcome! If you have Netflix, there's lots of Trek you can watch for free on there -- all the series, and I think most of the movies :)

I don't think it's really a competition between Trek and Star Wars -- they're so different! And anyway, we've won. A dozen movies, hundreds of hours of TV, etc., etc... :z:

Hi Lucas, it's great to have you with us and i'm sure you'll enjoy it. The series all have something different and great to offer. StarTrek Voyager was the series that first got me into Star Trek, I then progressed to watching some of the others. There is still a lot I haven't seen - many of the movies and the original series but one day perhaps I can fill those gaps too.

Hi. My name is Derek i live in Southern Indiana. I use to be a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy but now i'm just a full time student. My character is a Ferengi named Gell Kimov. I am a big Star Trek fan, mostly DS9. Looking forward to playing.