• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

End of the Year Information and Procedures

FltCapt. Sidney Riley

Hello Everyone! Round 20 was the LAST SUBMISSION PERIOD of the year! Here's some information about how the end of year stuff is going to work.

Run Off Round 1 Voting Thurs 11-10 Through Wed 11-30

Run Off Round 2 Voting Thurs 11-10 Through Wed 11-30

Run Off Round 3 Voting Thurs 11-10 Through Wed 11-30

FINAL ROUND Voting Thurs 12-1 Through Sat 12-31

What about submissions through the end of the year?

Submissions may be submitted through the end of the year, but they will not be voted on until the first two weeks of next year. The sims will remain in the Tops Sims Forum until January 1. We'll cull down the list to 10 sims, (Through run offs if necessary) and then vote on them in the first two weeks of the year.

How will run-offs work?

Since there are 21 sims and three run off rounds, we will divide 21/3 which is 7. There will be seven sims chosen at random in each of the runoff rounds.

What I will do is list all the sims that have moved into the runoff phase. I will give each of them a number, with the first sim to win this year being #1, and the last sim to win being #20. I will then use the Random.org tool to choose a number between 1 and 20. This sim will be the first option in the first runoff round poll. I'll continue this way until we have seven sims in runoff round 1. If a number is selected twice by the random number generator, I'll simply request another number until a new number is chosen.

Links will be provided to each sim. Everyone will then vote on the best sim. The winning sim then advances to the final round.

For runoff round 2 and 3, I will re-number the remaining sims as #1 through #7. I will again use the Random.org tool to choose a number between 1 and 7. This sim will be the first sim in the second runoff round. I will continue this way until the order of the remaining five sims have been chosen. (Doing this to ensure there is no bias in the way the sims are placed in the poll.)

Again, these five sims will be posted in a poll. Everyone will vote, and the winning sim then advances to the final round.

How will the final round work?

In the final round, there will simply be three sims posted in a poll.

Voters will have the whole month of December to vote on the final three sims.