• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Top Sims Contest Open Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

Please use this thread for any general discussion or questions about the Top Sims Contest.

Do not post praise or criticism for submitted sims in this thread. Instead, post those praise or criticisms in the submitted sim's own thread.

It always surprises me how few people participate in the voting...

Me too- but I always vote! I always make a point of never voting for myself though, mostly because there are just so many very talented writers in the fleet... this time I haven't decided who I'll vote for yet. I'm inclined to vote for Whale's sim, since it's Whale and therefore awesome, but I'll have to reread and review them.

Fireflies is still something I had fun writing though, for my part at least. :) Since it's a JP, I might be convinced to vote for it since MacKenna is awesome.

Edited by Alleran Tan/Radi Rais

• 1 month later...

A thought- for sims that are multi-part, and designed to be viewed together ("Happy Families", for instance, loses a lot of its impact if viewed apart) did we want to have just one "vote" for them? :)

It has some ridiculously crazy competition so it's a bit of a moot point- but I think it'd be a good point for future competitions... :)

Edited by Alleran Tan/Radi Rais

I don't have a problem with placing them that way in the voting, if no one has any objections...

• 1 month later...

I'll confess to a certain degree of confusion. Looking at the dates posted in the rules thread I think we should be in Round 9 by now. Am I reading it wrong?

I'll confess to a certain degree of confusion. Looking at the dates posted in the rules thread I think we should be in Round 9 by now. Am I reading it wrong?

Round 8, I thought. 7 was April, 6 was March...

My apologies. I will move the contest forward this weekend and get us back on track. You can always continue to submit sims for the rounds. ;)

• 2 months later...

No worries :) I was able to fix it.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder:

:) Sims that are submitted must be from the time frame of the round in which they are submitted. Sims which are not from the specified dates will be disqualified.

• 1 month later...

Is it me or is this thread after falling behind? :o

It still has the round 17 poll up even though on the calender round 19 voting should have started today?

Just wondering cause I was a little confused :/

Edited by Ensign Chris O'Hanlon

Rounds 18 and 19 Voting now posted for voting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What happens when two or more sims in same round has same number of votes?

I saw this:

If there is a tie vote, those two sims will continue to the next round of voting for a run-off.

What does it mean?

Edited by Arielle Teagan

I saw this:

If there is a tie vote, those two sims will continue to the next round of voting for a run-off.

What does it mean?

I believe it does mean that they both qualify for the next round, but see if a staff member confirms this.

Also, where do we nominate any sim that is written between now and end of the year? Do we start a new Round 1?

I saw this:

What does it mean?

We have only had one tie vote so far this year. Both sims are proceeding on to the voting at the end of the year as we did have a winner from the previous round. :)

I saw this:

What does it mean?

I believe it does mean that they both qualify for the next round, but see if a staff member confirms this.

Also, where do we nominate any sim that is written between now and end of the year? Do we start a new Round 1?

Simply nominate sims normally, marking them as "Round 1" :)

• 1 month later...

Just want to say it's been fun reading this years entrants and, the winners of every round were deserving. Congratulations to the 3 finalists. All 3 were amazing sims and I only wish that all 3 could win.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know when the cut-offs are for submissions for round one? Are we in round two now? The Rules post hasn't been updated for this year yet. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.