• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[Round 17] The Morning After, Nihopeca & Hawkeye

Nimue

((Cooper's Quarters USS Victory))

::James wakes up to his beloved Tressa next to him. Shelooks even more beautiful when she is sleeping. He marvels at her angelic facewith her pale blonde hair. She stirs a little as he gently tries to not wakeher.::

:: Tressa's eyes opened slowly, she had slept well andwas reluctant to wake. She stirred, becoming aware of James next to her, shelooked to him smiling.:: Cooper: I'm sorry Nihopeca, I did not mean to wake you.

Tressa: :: Stretching a little and cuddling closer to him:: You didn't.

Cooper: ::He leans over to kiss her gently on hercheek.:: Good Morning my beautiful one.

Tressa: :: Resting herself up on her elbows :: Goodmorning handsome. :: She grinned before kissing him ::

Cooper: :Blushing.:: Would you like something to eat? Iwill make it for you.

Tressa: Sure. I like icoberry juice.

Cooper: Anything else? ::Touching her face gently.::

Tressa: Just some fruit... :: Kissing him again :: Andthat. :: She grinned ::

Cooper: ::Smiling, and giving her another kiss on hersoft lips.:: You shall have it.

:: Tressa blushed slightly. She smiled, wrapping her armsaround him and giving him a gentle squeeze. She sighed contentedly ::

Cooper: There is something that I must give to you. Myfather gave one to my mother. It is a family tradition. All of the Cooper men,give something to the lady that they have chosen.

:: Tressa tilted her head curiously. Both, at the mentionof receiving something, and the mention of being 'chosen' stirred a feeling inher she couldn't identify. ::

Cooper: Let me rephrase that. I saw in you a beauty thatI could not escape, and I had to tell you how I felt. So if I offended you bysaying chosen forgive me.

::Tressa grinned broadly, she couldn't help it. He wasdoing it again. The nervous tripping over himself... She found it amusing howthe tall, strong man would be reduced to a worried mess if she lingered just amoment longer than comfortable.::

Tressa: :: Gently placing a finger on his lips :: James,you worry too much... :: She giggled ::

Cooper: Well in the days of my ancestors, the warrior'schose what woman they wanted. In a way I chose you, because you touched myheart with your beauty, inward and outward.

Tressa: :: Frowning slightly as she processed what Jameswas saying :: Like a kind of spiritual connection?

Cooper: No, like a man very attracted to a woman, It hadnothing to do with a spirit. It was just you Tressa. :: He paused for aheartbeat.:: I just had to tell you what and how I felt around you.

Tressa: :: Smiling :: So it's about me being 'pretty'.

Cooper: And more. :: James stopped and looked at her witha puzzled expression.:: Yes, that was the first attraction! In an old Terranslang, You are so Hot.

:: Tressa laughed ::

Tressa: So if prettiness was the first attraction... Whatis it now?

Cooper: Being near you and leaning more about you andbeing able to touch you.

:: Tressa maintained the playful, coy smile she hadthroughout their chat... He had said what she wanted to hear. It was about her...as a person, not about how she looked. James had talked endlessly about her'beauty', but hadn't mentioned anything else. She needed to know he wanted herfor more than that... ::

Cooper: My father is going to love you.

Tressa: :: Giggling :: I think mine will like you too!

Cooper: I am an only child, so my mother is anothermatter all together. ::Reaching over to the bedside table, showing her thepicture of his mother, and father.::

Tressa: :: Smiling as she looked at the photo :: I canunderstand that... My mother is... : She paused... Her face fell slightly ::

Cooper: Oh god she is like mine.

Tressa: :: Laughing :: I doubt it your mother is likemine... ::

Cooper: Well at least we can laugh about it.

Tressa: :: Sighing :: A little... My mother... she...she's afraid... she'll never admit it, but she's terrified...

Cooper: Of?

Tressa: :: A pained expression on her face :: Theuniverse... Of the unknown. She's not alone either... Most Gideons are... Eversince the introduction of Vegan Choriomeningitis... Oh it helped the planet...But it terrified people that we can't regenerate everything... that we mightdie before our time... They fear what else is out here, that can effect us...

:: She frowned staring at a loose thread on the blanket.::

Tressa: ... Mother didn't want me to leave... for StarFleet

Cooper: ::Touching her face, tilting his head to look inher eyes.:: I hope she will understand, that when you are with me she will havenothing to fear. Nor will you.

Tressa: :: Smiling at him :: You can't protect me fromeverything...

Cooper: All I can, is do my best, and that is whatmatters. ::Looking deeply into her eyes.:: I promise, that I will do my best toalways be there for you.

:: Tressa's face softened, she looked back into his eyes...smiling. Touching his face softly, she gently stroked it, before kissing him,lingering in the moment ::

::Kissing her back with the passion in his heart.::

Cooper: Now for what I have to give you.

Tressa: :: Smiling :: Okay

::James stands, taking off his tunic, to reveal aroundhis neck, a talisman, give to him by his grandfather on his father's side ofthe family. It is a circle with a diamond held in the center. He takes it off,and sits back down on the bed. Placing it over her head and around her neck.Tressa sat up as he stood, and watched him remove his tunic and a type ofnecklace... when he placed it around her neck she lifted the pendant, tiltingit, watching the light bounce off the gem ::

Tressa: :: Smiling :: It's beautiful.

Cooper: This is warriors talisman, of my family. Sinceyou are my lady, you have become part of the Cooper family. :: He smiled gently.:: If that is alright with you?

:: Tressa tilted her head as she looked at thetalisman... A part of his family? Wow... ::

Cooper: ::Looking to her, noticing her unease.:: You okbeautiful one?

Tressa: :: Smiling :: Yes. I am. :: She touched his face::

Cooper: Really? This was given to me to protect me inbattle. I now give it to you to protect you, and to show my heart to you.

Tressa: I'm alright. :: She looked back down at thetalisman :: Thank you.

Cooper: ::Smiling.:: Your welcome, Nihopeca.

Tressa: :: Smiling :: I should start getting ready... OrLieutenant MacKenna might come looking for me :: She giggled ::

Cooper: ::James standing, and walking to the replicator,to get the juice, and the fruit. taking it back to her.:: Eat first.

Tressa: :: Popping a piece of fruit in her mouth :: Youtoo :: She passed a small, green, rounded fruit to James.

Cooper: ::Taking it and placing it in his mouth.:: Thankyou.

:: Tressa continued her little meal, passing every secondpiece of fruit to James. There were a thousand thoughts running through herhead, but she pushed them aside for the moment, simple enjoying the moment.::

Cooper: Looking to her.:: What is on your mind, beautifulone?

Tressa: :: Sliding from the bed, grinning at him ::You.:: She leaned back towards him and planted a kiss on his lips :: Mind if Iborrow your shower?

Cooper: Not at all. What's mine is yours!

:: She smiled at him. Crossing to the replicator to graba clean uniform and headed for the bathroom, she paused at the door ::

Tressa: :: Winking at James :: No peeking

Cooper: But… but… :: James sniffed jokingly then winkback.:: I am a gentleman. ::Turning his head to the wall.::

:: Tressa laughed and stepped through the doors ::

Cooper: ::James, got off the bed to get a drink from thereplicator.:: Green Tea, hot. ::Cooper, also replicated a new uniform.::

:: Tressa crossed to one of the benches and sat her cleanuniform down. Removing the talisman and placing it on top of the clean clothingshe undressed and stepped into the shower. She leaned against the walls and letthe thoughts from before rise up... Part of his family? He made it sound like theywere Life Partners already... There was no doubt the relationship was movingquickly, very quickly. She ran a handthrough her hair... he was Terran though... They were a short lived species.For him this might be normal... She frowned... What was normal? ::

:: She shrugged... Did it matter? ... Did it reallymatter? James adored her... wanted to be with her, was attracted to her... Andshe... she loved they way he made her feel... loved the soft curve of his jaw,his green eyes, his tattoo, long pony tail, his little quirks that she wasstarting to notice... the way he made her smile... Stopping the shower shedressed and placed the talisman around her neck, pausing to look at it again...her mouth twitched into a smile... Tressa collected the unclean uniform andexited the bathroom, smiling at James as she placed the unclean uniform backinto the replicator to be reclaimed. :: ((should be recycled!))

Cooper: Feel better?

Tressa: :: Smiling :: Very much. :: She crossed over tohim wrapping her arms around him she hugged him, holding him close to her ::

Cooper: ::Holding her in his arms.:: Tressa are you sureyou are comfortable with what has been said, and what you mean to me? What I'm trying to say is that we don't needto rush things, but there is this feeling that it is right for us. Don't ask mehow or why.

:: Tressa looked up at him... Was she that transparent?She smiled... yes, she was. Tressa was always easy to read... ::

Tressa: :: Holding him close :: I don't know what tosay... But I know when I am with you I relax, you make me laugh, smile, I loveyour company... I don't know whether it's a short term thing, or a long lastingendeavor... but I feel something for you... and I love it. We may be moving too fast, but our timetogether will be short... James, I will live for nearly 350, perhaps 400,years... judging by the average life expectancy of Terrans you will be aroundfor a third of that time; perhaps even less... So whether we are moving toofast or not. I intend to enjoy what we have right now :: She smiled at him ::

Cooper: My father did the same thing when he met mymother. He said to me, James you will meet the one, and it will capture you,and you will make the right decision. What do you want to do? I would ratherspend that time with you and be happy, than unhappy, in those years withoutyou.

Tressa: :: Smiling :: As I said. I love this feeling; andso I intend to enjoy what we have while we have it. You are a good man James.

Cooper: Being a Terran can be a pain in the [...].

Tressa: :: Laughing :: trust me being Gideon is harder!

Cooper: I look at it as we have feelings for each other,and it is growing by the day, so let us enjoy it.

Tressa: :: Smiling :: Exactly... Now go shower :: Shegave him a playful push :: We have jobs to do! :: She laughed ::

Cooper: ::Walking to the shower.:: No peeking.

Tressa: :: Laughing :: I promise :: She winked ::

Cooper: ::Entering the shower after taking off the dirtyuniform pants, starting the shower letting the water run over him. Thinking ofwhat his father told him.

::His mind wanders to her, and let's it pass, he will letthings flow as they are. She has feeling for him, and he for her. Let it flow,my son. You mother had some misgivings at first, But she felt the same for himas Tressa does for James.::

Cooper: ::He dries off, puts on the uniform, and walksout to her:: Ready to start the day?

Tressa: :: Grinning :: After the morning I've had I cantake on the Delta Quadrant!

Cooper: What kindof morning did you have Nihopeca?

Tressa: Wrapping her arms around him :: A very good one;and I got to share it with someone I care very much about...

Cooper: And I the same beautiful one. ::Touching herface, kissing her softly, and deeply.::

:: Tressa leaned into the kiss, tightening her holdaround James... She lingered, not wanting to part from him...::

::Holding her tightly, not wanting to let her go. Heloved the feeling of her heartbeat next to his. Tressa let her eyes driftclose, loosing herself in his kiss, his arms around her, his heartbeat next tohers... One of her hands stroked his face... her body shivered... She letherself drifted away from him, stealing kisses as the distance between themgrew... ::

Tressa: :: Reluctantly :: We should go.

Cooper: ::Hating that time with her has limits.:: Yes Iguess duty calls. See you later tonight?

Tressa: Of course. We might be able to catch that nebulathis time ::She winked.::

Cooper: Nice, Shall I make a dinner?

Tressa: If you like... Perhaps a light picnic? :: Shepaused :: .... James? .... Would you like to see me dance sometime?

Cooper: Dance?

Tressa: :: Blushing :: I love dancing... You have shownme your home... I would like you to see something that is personal for me...I've been dancing since I was about 10... I know many styles... I would like toshow you.. if you want to see...

Cooper: I would love too, anything that is a personalthing that you want to share with me is wonderful. ::Smiling.::

Tressa: :: Giving him a squeeze :: Okay. Now we shouldgo!

Cooper: Alright beautiful one. You can call me Hawkeye,if you like. Not many people do. It's just for my loved ones.

Tressa: :: Tracing around his tattoo with her fingers ::I can see how you got that name...

Cooper: Yes, how did you guess? ::Laughing.::

Tressa: ::Laughing :: Just a hunch! :: She smiled warmly :: Now! No more distractions! ::She grabbed his hand and headed out of his quarters :: Come on Ensign, we haveduties to attend to! :: She laughed again ::

Cooper: Ok, let's go.

::James and Tressa exit his quarters, and walk to theturbolift.::

JP by

Ensign James Cooper

Chief Tactical Officer

USS Victory NCC-362447

&

Ensign Tressa

Science Officer

USS Victory

Edited by Nimue

Well kids - I really love how you're writing your relationship, but let me tell you something - SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!blink1.gif

Let me point you to one thing I recently had a chance to read - Reporter 42 which was focused on relationships - slow down and enjoy it.

Well kids - I really love how you're writing your relationship, but let me tell you something - SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!blink1.gif

Let me point you to one thing I recently had a chance to read - Reporter 42 which was focused on relationships - slow down and enjoy it.

Lol, I know where you're coming from Nimue... It is progressing VERY fast! ;)

Very is a mild expression here - you had first kiss and next get to bed, lol! I know it was just sleeping but... ::scratch, scratch... snif::blink1.gif

Very is a mild expression here - you had first kiss and next get to bed, lol! I know it was just sleeping but... ::scratch, scratch... snif::blink1.gif

Lol. Personally I don't see sharing a bed and just sleeping as a bad thing... I mean it's just sleeping. But apparently Aussies are very wanton in their attitudes towards such things... So maybe it's just me ;)

Lol. Personally I don't see sharing a bed and just sleeping as a bad thing... I mean it's just sleeping. But apparently Aussies are very wanton in their attitudes towards such things... So maybe it's just me ;)

By the way Nim, that reporter article featured 'Ensign Mar'. I'm happy to classify it as outdated... ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.