• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

2011 Writing Challenge Discussion

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. An extremely well chosen topic- my mind is already buzzing...

I was going to do a Trill creation myth. :) I don't have a title yet, but I have several ideas.

Congrats on the winner, by the way. I liked Commander Thelev's story, but Tel-Ar's was extraordinary as well. A wise decision. :) I've taken the review of own story to heart- I'll work on making things a mite less... predictable... this time. ;)

Oh! Do people mind if I post the alternate ending to last round's story, simply for curiousity's sake?

Oh! Do people mind if I post the alternate ending to last round's story, simply for curiousity's sake?

The archive for last round is still open, if you want to post it on the original thread :)

The archive for last round is still open, if you want to post it on the original thread :)

I'll do that!

Also, my first draft of this round's submission is up. I'll probably be editing it over the next week or so.

Edited by Alleran Tan

You're on fire Alleran! I'll have my competition up in the next week!

:)

Yay, writing challenges!

I plan to enter every writing competition. I encourage everyone to do the same if they can. :) I'm waiting for your submission with baited breath!

Edited by Alleran Tan

Wow! Talk about a fast turn around! I've never known the writing competition zip along so quickly.

And congratulations to Lt Tan and Commander Tal Tel-ar for the last round.

Wow. An extremely well chosen topic- my mind is already buzzing...

I was going to do a Trill creation myth. :) I don't have a title yet, but I have several ideas.

Think anyone will realize if I repost my Trill creation myth story? whistling.gif cannot wait to see your version - I started a myth-buster type of story, maybe this time I actually finish it. This last round kicked me in a head, I had more than a half of the story finished and started to work on finishing it.... a day too late!

It was about a young man who was kidnapped as a little child and spent whole life in a "family" that kidnapped him and have a problem integrating back into his real family and community and is asking his right to choose - and his choice is to return to family he loves and care for. The whole story is a scene between him and a lawyer supposed to help him with his case and when they set everything and lawyer ask about both families he told him he's Liberated Borg.

I wrote intro and end and had a part of conversation, but needed more discussion, it was too dry. ::shrug::

Edited by Nimue

Can anyone tell me where those old stories are stored now - I misplaced mine and cannot find it anywhere. So tried to find it here and it's not in Mar/Apr '10 and cannot find it in Beta Antares Shipyard. Hope it's not just deleted sad4.gif

The board is set up to not allow any deleting of posts. Everything goes to an invisible holding area.

But normally, all the stories in this area just get moved to their respective archive folder.

Is it this one?: - it was in the May/June archive. I just moved it back into Mar/Apr.

Can anyone tell me where those old stories are stored now - I misplaced mine and cannot find it anywhere. So tried to find it here and it's not in Mar/Apr '10 and cannot find it in Beta Antares Shipyard. Hope it's not just deleted sad4.gif

The board is set up to not allow any deleting of posts. Everything goes to an invisible holding area.

But normally, all the stories in this area just get moved to their respective archive folder.

Is it this one?: http://www.starbase1...-civilisations/ - it was in the May/June archive. I just moved it back into Mar/Apr.

Thank you, thank you, thank youteehee.gif... I thought it's lost! Strange that I have all other stories except that one!

• 2 weeks later...

Think anyone will realize if I repost my Trill creation myth story?

What you've done there is you've revealed your evil and nefarious scheme before actually doing it. You're not by any chance a Bond villain, are you?

Edited by Tallis Rhul

Think anyone will realize if I repost my Trill creation myth story?

What you've done there is you've revealed your evil and nefarious scheme before actually doing it. You're not by any chance a Bond villain, are you?

Don't share our secrets!huh2.gif That's not nice, you know! happy4.gif

• 1 month later...

Hey all- I was extremely humbled to take out runner up, again, for this round's writing competition. :) Honestly, I feel that others were more deserving, so I am very honoured.

The moment I read Quinn's submission I knew we had our winner- it was an amazing read and I wholeheartedly agree with the judges. Very well done!

Wow, thanks guys! The challenge was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed hammering out my story, so it was a lovely surprise to find out I'd won. I only hope I can provide as much inspiration to our entrants for the next round. ;)

• 1 month later...

Well, I've just sent my final edition of my story for the writting challenge of this month. Do you think it'll be any other before the 31st? It's been a time since I've posted in the writting challenge, let's see how it goes.

Lt. Cmdr. Marcus Dickens

CSO / Second Officer

USS CHALLENGER

NCC-12886-A

Great stories all around. Congratulations are most olive-branchely extended!

Let's do it again!

Well, I've just sent my final edition of my story for the writting challenge of this month. Do you think it'll be any other before the 31st? It's been a time since I've posted in the writting challenge, let's see how it goes.

Lt. Cmdr. Marcus Dickens

CSO / Second Officer

USS CHALLENGER

NCC-12886-A

Great stories all around. Congratulations are most olive-branchely extended!

Let's do it again!

There's usually a bunch of last minute entries. :) Good turnout this time though!

• 2 weeks later...