• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[Round 16] Top Sims Contest Discussion

FltCapt. Sidney Riley

This thread is for any general discussion or questions about the 2010 Tops Sims Contest, Round 16.

((Please remember, do not post praise or criticism for submitted sims in this thread. Instead, post those praise or criticisms in the submitted sim's own thread.))

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Captain,

How do I nominate a sim for the contest? o_O I thought both Commander Whale's and Captain Somers's flashback sims were exceptional and I was going to enter them both.

Cheers,

Tan.

How do I nominate a sim for the contest? o_O I thought both Commander Whale's and Captain Somers's flashback sims were exceptional and I was going to enter them both.

Guidelines can be found here:

http://www.starbase118.net/members/events/topsims/

Also see the other thread in this forum called "Top Sims Contest Rules and Announcements"

Hope that helps :)

Tan, did you need someone to start a new thread for you to post the sims?

Tan, did you need someone to start a new thread for you to post the sims?

That's no longer required. All validated members of the forums can post their own threads now ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I just read a two part sim - Joint post between two ensigns, great work.

Problem is that the sim works really good only as ONE story. As one post it's really long and it's the only explanation I can see for posting it as two parter, cannot say it is a reason, but I presume it is!

Since I never encountered similar situation, want to ask - should I post it as two entries or to post as one, despite being posted on a group as two entries?

Speaking as someone who has absolutely no authority whatsoever... :)

I recommend it be posted as one long sim, even if you have to edit it a bit to make it make sense (unless these are very minor edits, such as removing unanswered tags or nonsensical responses to unanswered tags, I suggest you contact the authors before you do this). I did something similar with the sims spearheaded by Mr Zhou, since there were unanswered tags and soforth in the final version.

Ultimately, again speaking as someone who's just a lowly Lt (jg), I would say that it's better to submit the sim as one part. Worst case scenario, it gets disqualified (I don't think this will happen). :)

I just read a two part sim - Joint post between two ensigns, great work.

Problem is that the sim works really good only as ONE story. As one post it's really long and it's the only explanation I can see for posting it as two parter, cannot say it is a reason, but I presume it is!

Since I never encountered similar situation, want to ask - should I post it as two entries or to post as one, despite being posted on a group as two entries?

• 3 weeks later...

Round 16 has ended. We are moving to Round 17.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.