• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2010: JAN-FEB] Writing Challenge

Ryan Horn

Good Morning all,

Congratulations again to our last rounds winner, Lt. Jg. Kevin Breeman...who will be joining the judging for this round, and has come up with the following:

"Perspective"

Star Trek is a universe which offers quite a few of those, given that it has a whole litany of different sentient races each with its own psychology and biology. Is selling arms to both sides an act of war, or just a business rule? Is it more wrong to show emotion or hide it? What do other races think of the Federation? Let us know what you think is an interesting "Perspective".

Guidelines: To participate, create a new thread. The subject of the thread must be the title of your story. If it is a Work In Progress, denote that with the heart post icon. If your work is complete, use the horizontal arrow post icon. Items not marked with an icon or marked with the WiP icon will not be considered for judging and will be moved to the "Character Cafe" forum at the end of the contest. Your work must be entirely your own. No co-authoring. You are welcome to create any character you so desire, but they must be from the Star Trek universe. No "canon" characters allowed. (i.e.- No one who has been on a show.)

Want to participate, but can't start a new topic? Why didn't you view the "Read Me First!" forum? You'll need to ask a moderator or Senior Member to create a thread for you!

Length: No more than 3000 words accepted.

Beginning Date: Tuesday, January 5th

Ending Date: Friday, February 5th.

See Also: the Writing Challenge Website

Challenge: "Perspective"

• 2 weeks later...

So, I tried to post my new story...but I couldn't figure out the Horizontal arrow/WiP icon thing. Can anyone give me a hand? As of now, my story is posted under the thread "broken".

So, I tried to post my new story...but I couldn't figure out the Horizontal arrow/WiP icon thing. Can anyone give me a hand? As of now, my story is posted under the thread "broken".

Done!

• 2 weeks later...

I found this to be one of the more challenging topics so far.

I must have started a couple different stories only to see them petter out and fail to convey what I had been trying to achieve.

In the end I started over and went with a totally different concept.

Not sure how well it meets the writeing challenge concept but I just ran out of time and gave it my best shot.

Thank you for the compliment Lt JG Thomas Gregory

I just finished reading your entry... nice work...

Also an interesting approach to the subject.

I think thats one of the things I enjoy the most about this challenger of writeing original short stories. Seeing just how varied the responses are to a single simple topic or subject.

In most cases no 2 entries are even slightly similar.

I think from what I have seen of this rounds entries that the judges really have their work cut out for them again this time.

Good luck to everyone who entered.

After reading through the stories, it was a very close...but the judges have determined a winner:

And now the results....

Congratulations to.....Lt. jg Lawn with the winning story "Broken" and Lt. Cmdr Ehlanii with the Runner-Up "Perspective"!

We'll be sending out the reviews in the next few days, and Mr. Lawn, expect a message from me for our next Writing Challenge topic.

Great job everyone!

Jesse Lawn's Banners

http://www.angelfire.com/my/lost/C/Banners...010Winnerlg.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/my/lost/C/Banners...010Winnersm.jpg

KarynnEhlanii' s Banners

http://www.angelfire.com/my/lost/C/Banners...0RunnerUpsm.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/my/lost/C/Banners...bRunnerUplg.jpg

Edited by Ben Walker

After reading through the stories, it was a very close...but the judges have determined a winner:

And now the results....

Congratulations to.....Lt. jg Lawn with the winning story "Broken" and Lt. Cmdr Ehlanii with the Runner-Up "Perspective"!

We'll be sending out the reviews in the next few days, and Mr. Lawn, expect a message from me for our next Writing Challenge topic.

Great job everyone!

Congratulations Lieutenant Lawn!

Wow! I didn't expect to win this one! There were some great stories...especially Ehlanii's! Speaking of which, thanks for the congrats Ehlanii...right back 'atcha for some nice work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.